Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2003, 08:04 AM   #31  

Good morning, Terri (and everyone lurking)!

Yesterday was an out-all-day kind of day. We left at 4.30 am and didn't return until 5.30 pm, when I immediately headed out to mow the lawn (the riding mower is GREAT and I think I'm beginning to get the hang of it). Lots of walking yesterday - but the flea market and mall kind, not the outside in the air kind. Lunch and dinner were Subway 6" roast beef subs with WOW nacho chips. Plus some Slimfast bar snacks. Being out all day makes eating more of a challenge for me.

Today is slotted for visiting a friend at her soon-to-be-opened yarn shop. I'll be working there beginning this month - my very first ever retail job. I'm all excited! I haven't planned for meals yet today - I expect its sandwiches at the cafe this morning (about 8 pts) and then dinner at subway (also about 8 pts) which leaves plenty o' room for some snacking. Yay. I really, really enjoy my snacks.

Tomorrow is weigh-in (ugh) and hiking if the weather is clear.

Happy day to you all!
Old 04-03-2003, 06:17 PM   #32  
Find a Way

Jen - hiking sure is nice when there are great views, or you get to see something cool once you get to the top! Good luck with the upcoming job.

Terri - it is nice getting some good news on the television now and then. It's also nice of you to give your DH quiet time to watch the Master ! I know what you mean about life revolving around sports. I can't plan anything for the weekends in September because that's when CU football starts and they seem to have their home games all at once. Also, they always play Nebraska the Friday after Thanksgiving, so we haven't gotten to travel around that date for a while (I can really only handle family for ONE holiday - Christmas). But I knew what I was signing on for so I can't really complain. The cooking class sounds like it will be great, you'll have to share the recipes. Have fun.

I had another good WI today, lost another three pounds for a total of 46.8 and got my 45-lb star. Before WI, I went to Runner's Roost to get some new shoes. While at the shoe store, I had my back to one of the sales people. As he came up behind me, he asked me how the race in Italy went. Apparently I look like another customer that comes in a lot and she had gone to Italy to run in a marathon. Kinda nice being mistaken for someone who could do that - that wouldn't have happened 3 months ago!!

Have a great weekend all. We leave tomorrow for Oregon to hunt for a vacation home!!
Old 04-04-2003, 07:59 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!!

Its about time for a new thread - I'll make one tonight.

The cooking class went well. She was a little dingy and certainly not the person who put the recipes together as she didn't exactly know what she was doing. BUT, I enjoyed getting the recipes (lowfat) and having the opportunity to sample. I'll have to count my points up today but since the samples were small and I had limited my food earlier in the day, I should have done fine with staying within my point goal. We only made three recipes. One I really loved and plan on making it for lunches. Its Thai Chicken or Turkey Rollups. Very tasty. I'll post the recipe later tonight or this weekend.

This will be a busy weekend. Tomorrow we are driving down to mom's early so we can visit her and do anything she needs doing and then bring our boat home for the summer. She's really starting to feel the lonliness with dad being gone. She keeps busy with the place but I can hear it in her voice now when I call. I almost wrecked the car last night talking with her as she was describing going over to put topsoil down and grass seed on dad so that he'll have grass. Note: This is a small country cemetary out in the middle of nowhere. Made me want to bawl.

Cynthia - Congratulations on several things. Another great loss!! And being mistaken for a marathoner and getting out of town to do something fun! Have a great weekend.

Jen - This is Friday so it must be date day! Big hiking plans?? Have a great day! The job in the yarn shop will be a blast for you. All that yarn to feel. I just love touching it.

Time to move. Everyone, have a great OP day.
Old 04-05-2003, 07:38 AM   #34  

WI was okay - down another .5#. I'm really, really frustrated right now with the wt loss. I've lost 5 punds in a month. This is the same month where I have diligently watched my points, banking some (and using them sometimes), staying in my range, and adding lots of hiking to the mix.

And I've lost 5 pounds. And of that, all of it -- ALL OF IT -- was the first week. The second week I gained 1.5 - and since then I've just been losing the first 5 over again.

Total of 5 down. Forty million to go.

Yesterday, at McDonald's after the most horrendous day ever, I ordered a salad, light dressing, small fries (total of approx 9 pts, assuming the salads are about the same points as the salad shakers, which are discontinued in my area), then debated on the 3 pt ice cream cone (I had the points for it) because, well, what if that's the treat that means that once again I'll not really lose at all?

Frustrating.

(Sorry to be a downer. This is really, really bugging the heck out of me. Ugh.)
Old 04-05-2003, 05:44 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

[size=huge]

Go to new thread #15

[/size]

Last edited by Terri in MO; 04-05-2003 at 05:49 PM.
Closed Thread