Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2003, 08:16 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - Week of March 17, 2003

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

It's a beautiful morning here--it's already 56 degrees and they're calling for highs around 65! Hard to believe a mere week or so ago we were at a frigid 15!! I was able to get outside for a little while over the weekend and I'm planning on taking advantage of the great temperatures at noon by walking on my lunch hour. I should be able to get some more walking in after work as well since tonight is my yoga class.

I've got a busy week ahead of me--mailing to get out, daffodils to distribute and Friday I leave for Chicago. Lots to do in the next few days but it will all get done as it always does.

So how's the weather in your neck of the woods? I'm finding that with the nice weather I have a renewed sense of motivation to get moving
Old 03-17-2003, 11:35 AM   #2  

It is raining hard here! Snow is in the forecast for later today. I think I might bundle baby up and head out into the rain, since it may be our only chance to get out for awhile!
I finally had a completely OP weekend, and feel great about it!
How did everyone else do?
Old 03-17-2003, 08:20 PM   #3  
si, si signora

Hi there,
I had a great weekend doing absolutely no work at all. I am paying for it today though. I'm soo glad to hear the East Coast is getting warmer, however poor Tara... I hope you'll see spring soon enough!

I had an unfortunate run in with a box of cafe twists, but I think the whole box is something like 10 points and there are at least two points left.

Other than that, getting exceedingly depressed by the state of the world.

I am leaving on Friday for Madrid, though I'll decide on Thursday on whether we're leaving or not. I was in Europe a week after Sept 11 and I was not worried, but some how this seems much scarier.

Anyways, without going into my political views, I am hoping for a peaceful week.

lala
Old 03-18-2003, 04:05 PM   #4  

Lala- Things sure are crazy in the world right now! It is scary enough to see from Canada, I can't imagine how horrible it must be living in the US! I hope you are safe if you decide to go to Madrid. I would be terrified to travel anywere right now!
On a lighter note, what are cafe twists? They sound yummy!
It is a little nicer outside today- I believe it is 1 degree Celsius. At least it is not freezing, raining, or snowing!!! DD and I went for a butt-kicking hour long walk this afternoon, and I feel great!
I am training to work the meetings tonight, that also makes me feel good!
I am a little weary, however. I managed to stay completely inside my pts range this week, and exercised every day. I am not confident that I will have a loss, though. I seem to have better losses if I go over my range, but wanted to try staying totally op to see how it goes...live and learn, I guess!
Does anyone else play the mental game of not eating very much until after WI every week? I usually go with a friend, WI, go to Subway for quick supper, then go back to the meeting. Now I will have to wait an extra 2 hours to eat...I just hope my growling tummy doesn't interupt the meeting! I may have to take a juice or something to tide me over!
Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 03-19-2003, 10:07 AM   #5  

Good morning friends. I'm back to work after an extended weekend; it was nice to have a few "normal" days to myself after the events of last week.

We put our friend to rest on Saturday amid a wide circle of relatives, colleagues and friends. It was a nice service - captured his essence perfectly, and I think he would have approved.

How is everyone here? I see some of you have been successful in staying OP over the past week. Not me, unfortunately, but today's a new day, isn't it? I've been off of my routine as far as exercise goes too but it's a bright, sunny day and I hope to go for a run outdoors after work.

lala: Are your travel plans still on? Everything is very tentative as far as travel goes, isn't it? We leave on vacation April 5th and are wondering how we'll be affected too. The world is a scarey place these days.

saskie: I play the weigh-in game all the time. No breakfast - actually, not even coffee - beforehand. And I don't even consider attending evening meetings anymore. I'm just too close to my goal weight for comfort.

Melissa: Can you send some of those temps this way? It's still pretty cold here, particularly with the wind which is always a factor for us. I really can't wait to walk on the beach and feel the sun on my skin. It's been a long winter.
Old 03-19-2003, 11:02 AM   #6  

Susan: Welcome back! Glad to hear you were able to have a couple of days to yourself and regroup It's 45 here and we're supposed to get up around 50 from what I heard. Tonight it's supposed to rain and then I think get a little cooler. I agree, it's been a LONG winter!

Saskie: I usually have something to eat before I go to work otherwise I'm a starving maniac by the time I get home. I also take a bottle of water with me so I can fill up with that.

Lala: I'm in the same boat as you...I got a call yesterday from Chicago that they might be canceling our meeting on Saturday due to the impending conflict. I'm sure I'll know tomorrow if it's a go or not. I'm not sure how I feel about flying if something starts up.

Today is WI day for me and I'm hoping I'm down a little more. I've been doing a lot of walking and I've been making an effort to stay around 20 points. I did have a higher day on Saturday (28) but it should balance out. The only other thing going against me right now is my TOM which arrived yesterday. All in all though I feel good. I'll update after my meeting at noon.
Old 03-19-2003, 01:12 PM   #7  
si, si signora

Hi ya ladies....

Been AWOL trying to get things under control here. Yikes.

Tara-- Cafe twists are evil things that you can buy at trader joe's -- they are like puff pastry with sugar and cinnamon, but puport to be low fat and low cal, they are also a bit addictive. I think I'll not buy any more, though there a few left.

Glad to hear its warming up.

Susan- I don't know what to say about travel. We're still on track for going and I have to be in DC on April 3, so I'm still buying tickets. I just checked my flight for hopes that our upgrades would come through and another few tickets have been sold, so who knows. People are still going places. The place I wouldn't go now is Asia. That respiratory illness scares me.

Melissa- I wouldn't worry about flying to Chicago, but if your meeting planners deem that enough people don't feel comfortable flying or travelling far from home to make the meeting work, then it should be rescheduled. Check with your airline about reissuing of tickets.

As for weighing in. Don't ask. I like to weigh in early in the am before I've eaten. However, no weighing for me until April.

I'm just hoping to keep an even keel until I get back from Madrid and Brussels.

On a happier note, tomorrow is Persian New Year (vernal equinox)! I know I'll be praying for peace and hoping that this year is better than last year.

lala
Old 03-19-2003, 02:19 PM   #8  

Seasaw- i wish i had a morning meeting as an option! here there is 1 weekly meeting, thats all!
Melissa- i took water too, and some juice for sugar if necessary! i never had time to drink them, though!
What was this week's topic? i was working and missed what was going on- it sure siounded like fun though!
Lala- ooh, they really do sound good! how many pts each?

had a bad WI last night, very disappointing after being OP and exercising every day. the girls at the meeting say i may need to up my pts a bit, since dd nurses almost exclusively. guess i will try that!

have a great day!
Old 03-19-2003, 02:56 PM   #9  

Saskie: The topic this week was based on the tool "Switching"--changing a bad behavior to a good one. Picturing what you look like eating something that hinders your weight loss, then refocusing and picturing yourself eating something (or a smaller portion of what you like) else instead. It's pretty neat.

I, too, had a disappointing weigh in today. I was up 2.2# and was a little frustrated especially since I'm making a concerted effort to get my walking in and stay within my point area. Grrrr. I'm hoping the gain is due to my TOM and water retention. Next week will be better. I'm trying not to dwell on it and won't let this invade my thoughts. In any case, this is a new week.

Lala: There are only 4 out of the 12 who fly in; the rest are within driving distance. Haven't heard anything more but who knows what they'll decide. I'm sure we'll know more tomorrow.

Phase I of the Daffodil Sale has gone smoothly; now to have the same smooth results with all the student orders that are being delivered tomorrow morning.

Have a great afternoon everyone!
Old 03-19-2003, 06:03 PM   #10  
si, si signora

tara- they are only one point each. good huh?

Melissa- I wanted to tell you that I received my copy of sink reflections last week. I like it, but for me it was a bit too religious. However, it got me thinking about getting things more organized. I can't wait for DP to be gone for two nights in row next quarter. It gives me lots of time to myself to do those little chores.

Oy, the airline just called to tell me that my upgrade to business class came through, but DP's hasn't. I guess I can stay in coach until hers clears or we can draw straws.

Off to make some important data gathering phone calls.

lala
Old 03-20-2003, 06:53 PM   #11  

Melissa- Isn't that frustrating, when you do so well and the numbers don't show it! I can't even blame mine on TOM, as he is still MIA!
That is an interesting topic for the meeting, I don't fully understand it though! Would that be like imagining yourself lying on the couch watching tv, then changing that image to yourself going for a walk?
Lala- Are they big enough to be worth one point? Lucky for me, there are no Trader Joe's in my little prairie town!
I had another excellent exercise day- 2 miles of my WATP video, then a walk to and from a playground (20min each way) plus some play time in between. I love spring! I would be happy if the weather stayed even just this nice. It is just a few degrees above freezing, but seems almost tropical after the winter weather!
Old 03-21-2003, 09:28 AM   #12  

Happy Friday everyone!

I'm jetting off to Chicago this afternoon. The only upside to this whole thing is that we're planning on going out for dinner at a German restaurant after we get in with several other board members. I just have to remember to eat light today so that I don't go over too much. I'm not looking forward to the meeting tomorrow and I know that's why my eating has been a little eratic the past couple of days.

Saskie: You've got it...it is a hard tool to use although some members can do it quite easily.

Weather here is rainy but it's at least warm (50's)...from what I've heard the temps are going to drop a little and then go up again. Haven't been able to get out and do any major walking--I know I'll get some AP's in the airport
Old 03-21-2003, 11:46 AM   #13  

Hi guys.

It's pouring rain here - never thought I'd see the day when I welcomed that grey, dreary sky but after the winter we've had, I'm ecstatic! Saskie, I love your optimistic attitude, although I'm voting for a little more than a few degrees above freezing. That's the spoiled non-prairie Canadian attitude for ya!

I'm sorry you're not looking forward to the weekend away Melissa, but perhaps you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Are you still around lala ? Is it this weekend that you head to Madrid? And have you figured out who get's the upgrade?

Not much planned for the weekend. DH is heading off to visit his parents in New Brunswick but I'm staying put. I've got my visit with my match family tomorrow afternoon, then my sister and I are going out for dinner. We could use a bit of a treat. She put her dog down a few days before my friend passed away. There have been a lot of tears and sad faces and we're ready for something uplifting. Good food qualifies
Old 03-22-2003, 12:30 AM   #14  

Seasaw- Has it been cold as well as rainy, or just rainy? We hit 12 degrees today, it was positively balmy! I hope you have a good time with your sister!
Melissa- Have a great trip! Hope your meeting goes ok!

My sis decided to visit for the weekend, we went out and shared a plate of nachos. They were yummy, and I had tons of banked pts and exercise pts build up due to the gorgeous weather! I just hope it stays nice enough for walking, baby and I are both loving our new outdoor freedom!

Have a great OP weekend, everyone!
Closed Thread