Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2003, 11:58 AM   #1  

Default Thin4Life - Week of February 3, 2003

Howdy everyone. How was your weekend? Mine seemed to pass much too quickly.

It poured rain here for most of the weekend. Our snow levels have taken a considerable hit, and it's much warmer than it has been in weeks. Can spring be far away?

Had a pretty good week last week as far as WW program goes. By Friday, I was down about three pounds, but I kinda let loose on the weekend, so will have to bite the bullet if I want to come in under goal + 2 when I weigh in on Friday. I will have to pay because I missed January; don't want to be over goal on top of that.

Am heading off to physio this afternoon to see what can be done about my knees and my back which is still giving me trouble. I managed to get a few short runs in on my treadmill last week and am hoping I can slowly build up to where I was before Christmas.

How are things with everyone else? Will Patch be back this week to continue on with the challenge?
Old 02-03-2003, 02:01 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Weekend? What weekend? Mine was packed for the most part. On an up side, I ended up getting out of work at WW early on Saturday morning so I took advantage of the free time and went to the mall and walked and did a little shoppping. I took my bottle of water in with me so I'd have something to drink. I found a new pair of navy shoes to wear with my dress pants and the best part was that they were $60 originally and I got them for $20...I love a deal! Yesterday flew by at warp speed and here it is Monday afternoon already.

The weather at noon was good so I went walking outside for a half hour--I enjoy being outside walking.

Weather here is supposed to turn ugly overnight and there's more snow in the forecast.

Susan: I sure hope they can give you some pointers on what you can do for your pain. My muscles were sore last night from all the bending, twisting and running around I did but at least I know that'll pass.

Hard to believe it's February--the month flew by. Hope everyone is doing well.

Hey Patch! Sure hope everything is okay...
Old 02-03-2003, 02:19 PM   #3  
si, si signora

hi everyone.

Susan- I hope you get enough snow for your summer water, that is a real concern for us. Great news on your 3# gone! I hope you have a good weigh in. Good luck on the physio.

Melissa- I love bargains, especially sub 50 buck ones. How are your WW meetings faring? I attend one on Friday night that isn't very big (I like that), but the regular 7:00 am saturday one is not as packed as usual. Very strange.

I am weight watcher meeting shopping, can you believe it? I like the Friday concept of weighing in. I like the woman who leads the meetings, she is young (very), but wise. However, it seems the meeting hasn't clicked for me yet. I'm going to try a wednesday night one and see how that goes.

I did lose the lb I gained in Brussels, so that is good.

Busyish (not really a word) weekend here. Worked a bit, cleaned and organized, saw six carousels of slides of mannerist architecture and gardens that friends shot on their four month trip in Italy (this was just the first three weeks). It made me crazy, but our next trip to Rome is on Dec 27, 2003. I reconsidering an earlier trip to visit Bologna, Padova, Torino and Ravenna.

Busy week here, must prepare for meetings next week and stay on program!

Where are Patch, Myra and Laurel (I know laurel posts her journal), but I want to know what's going on....

lala
Old 02-04-2003, 10:50 AM   #4  
Ready to Offer Support!

Hi, all!

Last week was crazy with travel, but the weekend was calm and enjoyable. Had a great date Sat. night with hubby - involving many extra points of food and drink - but was lots of fun.

Have begun taking longer walks in the evenings, so am hoping that will offset the fact that I am scheduled to eat out for lunch every day this week - arrggghh!

Haven't been keeping up with the thread much, so I'm not sure what is happening with Patch, but I wish both her and Seasaw the best.

Must get going on my work day - so much traffic this morning that I have only just arrived - not good.

Tootles!

AustinGal
Old 02-04-2003, 12:12 PM   #5  

Hey Austingal, good to have you back. Sounds like you have a challenging schedule this week. Lunch out every day is not good; I'd probably cave and by the end of the week be ordering fish and chips with extra tartar sauce! I'm better off bringing meager fare from home.

Melissa: Congrats on the new shoes. Nothing can warm a girl's heart quicker than finding shoes at a great price! How's the weather for walking?

lala: I think we're gonna be OK for water this year. We certainly haven't had any shortage of snow. Some of the rivers are starting to overflow their banks already because of all the rain we had over the weekend.

The news from physio was not good but not unexpected. Seems I have a bit of work to do if I expect to be healthy enough to run, hike, bike etc. Lots of alignment problems due to things out of whack with my back, hips and feet. Where to start, where to start... We decided to work on the back since it's injured, followed by the feet (one of which is flat and the other just screwed up in general). No wonder I've been having knee problems. I think the therapist regards me as a challenge But it feels good to finally be doing something about it.

Kinda nice here today - windy - but that's normal.
Old 02-04-2003, 02:11 PM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

Lala: Our meetings have been weird--the Saturday meetings have been fluctuating quite a bit. Last Saturday they had 81 at each of the meetings and then this week we only had the first meeting with 81, the second meeting didn't have high numbers so they sent me home and then the 3rd meeting had enough to warrant the extra receptionist. Feast or famine. Anyway, our Sunday meeting is picking up. My regular Wednesday meeting has been busy and we've seen a lot of new faces although they don't seem to keep coming. There's only one more week of free registration left so I suspect we'll see things hopping next week. Our center is moving after the meetings on Saturday so Sunday morning we'll be in a brand-spanking new center. I can't wait! We're going to have lots more room and the weigh stations will be nicer. I'm hoping to be able to get a sneak peek sometime this week. Good luck finding a meeting/leader that works for you. I love my leader

AustinGal: Good luck with the lunches out...that'd be a real challenge for me! Hopefully the extra walking will counteract the restaurants.

Seasaw: Well at least you know what the root of the problem is and you've got a plan on what to do. Hopefully once you get things in line you'll begin to feel better. As far as the weather & walking go we've had a couple of nice days, i.e. no rain/snow and the temps were warm yesterday (40's) so I went walking with a coworker over the lunch hour. Today it's pretty windy and the temps are colder (30) but I did get outside and walk about 30 minutes.

Thursday is my appointment with the doctor re: my bp. I was over at our health center yesterday and they checked it and it's still up there (130/100)...geesh! I'll be anxious to hear what the doctor thinks. I'm just wondering if the weather isn't partly to blame. Last year, my bp came down beginning in February and stayed pretty low up until October.

Work has been crazy with lots to do in the next few weeks. This is the time of year that I really don't like all that well; everything is crammed into a 4 week period with lots of mailings, etc.

Hi to Myra, Patch, Laurel, Domina, and everyone else. Hope you're doing okay.
Old 02-04-2003, 02:36 PM   #7  
si, si signora

Hi everyone!

Melissa- I don't understand WW meeting dynamics either. Last year you had to be there 15 minutes before the doors opened to get a seat! I guess they just need a new program to get things full again. I still enjoy shopping for meetings. If I get my talk done today, I'll go tomorrow night.

Susan- I'm sorry you didn't get better news at the physiotherapist. It sounds like they are taking a pretty good approach to dealing with your back and how it works with the rest of your limbs. I'm glad to see the Northeastern part of the continent is warming up a bit.

Austin- welcome back. I'm in Cali all next week and hopefully it will have cooled off some. I wish my meeting was somewhere more exotic, but hey, I get to see my parents. That is cool.
I understand the eating out bit too....

Everyone else, hope you are doing well. Maybe we should consider starting up a challenge for this week in hopes that Patch is just too busy shopping for citrus at the Santa Monica Farmer's Market!

lala
Old 02-05-2003, 06:45 AM   #8  

lala: Like the idea of starting up the challenge, but no thoughts on a topic. Anyone???
Old 02-05-2003, 07:48 AM   #9  

Height: 6'0"

Hello everyone!

Susan, I'm glad you're getting some professional help with your back and foot problems.

Melissa, you're right; it's funny sometimes how many people show up at meetings. Ours was packed last night, but lots of fun. We have the best leader--Amy. She just makes the meetings interesting.

Sorry to say that I am up 3 1/2 pounds! I don't know what I've been doing, but I do know that I stopped journaling a few weeks ago. I need to get back OP and stop eating those cookies (I love cookies!)

Old 02-05-2003, 08:54 AM   #10  
Ready to Offer Support!

Good Wed. morning, all.

Melissa and Seasaw - Yesterday's lunch out wasn't too bad - I chose a roasted veggie wrap, and would have stuck to my points plan except that it took so long for the food to come that I eventually succumbed to a breadstick that was calling my name! At least I am not yet to the fish-and-chips-with-tartar-sauce stage! Unfortunately, it got pretty cold here last night (I won't say what this Texas girl considers "cold", since Melissa would definitely think me a wimp, as she seems to thrive on walks when the temp is in the 40's and even 30's!) Anyway, hubby and I decided to take our shorter walking route, so I probably didn't make up for that breadstick. Sigh!

Hello, Domina - I don't think we've met before. Howdy!

Lala - I'll also be in Cali next week for work. I planned the trip, though, to be sure and be back for Valentine's day.

Ugh - that brings up a good point. Tell me, how do you guys deal with the temptation that Valentine's Day chocolate presents? I think I will either tell hubby "no chocolates" or ask him to keep it to a very small box, and then freely share the contents. What think you?

Have a great day, everyone!

Tootles!

AustinGal
Old 02-05-2003, 12:47 PM   #11  

Hi AustinGal:

Your suggestion of a small box would be all right and then share!
Old 02-05-2003, 02:46 PM   #12  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

Austin, where are you going to be? I'll be in Long Beach, Irvine and Huntington Beach from Monday through Thursday. I fly to London on Valentines Day to meet up with some gfs. My dearest will remain at home and remain the student she has become. Sad isn't it? I'm thinking of buying some small boxes of sees for the flight attendants and lounge folks who have to work the Valentine's day overnight flight.

Good on ya for sucumbing to only one breadstick!

As for the chocolate question :

I would say "Darling, wouldn't you rather see my toes in vampish/vixen red than see my red face after I get off the scale after eating those chocs? You can buy those gift certs for spa snooty on line now and save yourself the embarrassment of walking into a girly place "

Worked last year for me .

Domina- you'll get it off in no time. At least its not 7 lbs!

Nothing doing here, just trying to fall in love with powerpoint and presentation making and waiting for my dearest developer to finish off some stuff so that I can take screen shots.

Its beautiful here today, I'm going to escape at 6:00 really and enjoy a nice evening at home ~~ packing and puttering the dog.

Everyone else, hi ya! I love the challenge question this week. I shall answer it promptly.
Old 02-05-2003, 03:49 PM   #13  
Ready to Offer Support!

lala - love the suggestion! Haven't had a pedicure in about a year - it is high time for a pampering!

I will be in Santa Clara - nothing exciting, just work. Though, I do get to shoot my new boss with impunity at a LaserTag team-building outing. Should be fun!
Old 02-07-2003, 09:45 AM   #14  
Ready to Offer Support!

Helloooo?? Where is everybody?

Today is colder here (for Texas standards) - will probably hole up inside tonight with a fire and just watch a movie.

This week has been a week of adjustment - trying to get back into the routine of planning and counting points. I have found that planning is KEY - and I am still struggling with getting the right foods in the house and easily available for those stress-induced munchie attacks.

On the exercise front, though, I have been doing well. Am taking longer walks, and my legs are sore, so I guess that is a good thing.

Am committed to stay OP today, get in my exercise, and thus start establishing a new routine that will get me back to goal. Glad to be back on this board - it always helps me stay focused.

Have a great weekend, all!
Old 02-07-2003, 10:22 AM   #15  

What are all of you doing this weekend?

I'm in a little Shakespeare show on Friday. Saturday is clean the house, errands, etc. day. Sunday I rehearse for a Haydn concert I'm in. Otherwise, I'm just trying to stay healthy and get back OP.

Closed Thread