Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 03:48 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - Week of March 3, 2003

Yikes! Where has the time gone??? Hard to believe it's March...on a good note it means Spring is just around the corner (hopefully). It was a frigid 4 degrees this morning on the ride to work. I went out for a brief walk over to our library to return the video I got on Friday for the weekend and the temp had only gotten up to 10.

I survived the weekend and the parties...Saturday I went way over but I'm rebounding. Those darn cheese trays! They look so innocent.

Not much else going on around here--the campus is really quiet since all the students have left for Spring break. I really need to tackle some paperwork and my plan is to get things cleared off of my desk by the end of the week. I'm going to make a "To Do" list that always helps.

So how's everyone else doing???
Old 03-03-2003, 04:22 PM   #2  
si, si signora

Hi Melissa,

Brrr.

everything here is peachy keen. I'm in the flurry of email writing, editing and checking those powerpoint presentations. I hope that it all hangs together.

I think cheese trays are also evil, especially with a nice ripe goat cheese and some fine quince paste.

mmmm.

Had a very uneventful weekend and I'm off tomorrow for the rest of the week in New Orleans. whoo hooo. work that is. I have given up any sort of hopes that I'll be able to maintain my pudge or lose it. New Orleans is just one of those kind of places. Its much easier to stay on the straight and narrow in Dubuque.

Please stay warm and enjoy the solitude of your campus.

DP's spring break doesn't start until March 17th and she's off until March 30th. Whoo hooo.

lala
Old 03-04-2003, 07:16 AM   #3  

Br-r-r-r is right. It's -30 C. with the wind chill this morning - brilliant sunshine, and if you stay outside too long, your arms and legs just freeze and snap off. Will this winter ever end?

Not much new. My sister and I actually got outside for a run on Sunday - the first time in months. Sure beats a treadmill. I hope to be back up to normal distances soon. Physio is going well, and I pick up my orthotics tomorrow nite.

The countdown is on to our vacation. 32 more sleeps and we're off to find some relief in a warmer climate. Need I say how much I'm looking forward to this?

Have a good day folks.
Old 03-04-2003, 07:40 AM   #4  

Height: 6'0"

Okay, I won't tell you it will be 79 degrees F here today. (Sorry). Susan, are you coming my way?

Actually I really feel bad for all of you with the horrible winter you have had. Melissa, does Erie always get that cold in the winter? I don't remember that from when I lived in Ohio.

Ah yes, cheese trays--the thought makes my mouth water. Hmmm New Orleans and all those beautiful beignets! Uh-oh I'm getting hungry.

Hang in there, everyone.
Old 03-04-2003, 11:22 AM   #5  

Melissa- What type of work do you do, that you are on campus? How is your battle with those last couple # going?
lala- Have a great trip! Are you going alone or with DP?
Seasaw- It is that cold here too- brrr!!! That is great that you got to run, though!
Domina- Enjoy your weather, you are SO lucky!!
I had a run in with a cheese platter this weekend as well...and a pile of Chinese Take-out...WI tonight may be scary!
BUT I also got my WW nametag in the mail yesterday, so that is exciting. Now I can work the meetings!
Should I be counting my loss as from where I started initially (201.2) or where I restarted after pregnancy (197.8)???
Have a great day
Old 03-04-2003, 03:12 PM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!

I'm having such a productive day today! I managed to get 3 areas cleaned up and filing done and I've gotten the correspondence done that I needed to. I feel good!

Domina: We've had unusually frigid temps for our area. Generally we're only in the 30's, 40's during February and this past month it's been way under normal. Today it was a balmy 40 but the downside is that the rest of the week they're calling for snow and colder temps. What a roller coaster!

Tara: I am an administrative secretary and I'm full-time. There are some departments who are off when the students are gone but mine isn't one of them. I have to admit that I've gotten a lot done today. Yesterday I slacked off I'm hoping my WI tomorrow will be good. I'm really trying to watch although some days are easier than others. Hope yours goes well this evening!

My 2 cents worth, I'd go from your highest weight since that's where you started from originally.

Seasaw: I was able to get outside and walk today at noon, although I should've thought ahead since I had worn khaki colored slacks and the sidewalks were a little messy. Anyway, it felt good to be outside. Glad to hear you're improving daily!

Lala: Hope you get to have a little fun in New Orleans. DH was there a few years back for a rugby tournament during Mardi Gras and said it was something else. I hear the food is good, albeit dripping with calories.
Closed Thread