Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 08:23 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - November 3, 2003

Good morning everyone!

Hard to believe this is the first week of November!!! Time is moving by pretty quick and before we know it Christmas will be upon us!

I had a good week off and feel better. I'm still a little stuffed up but the temps here aren't helping. We've been hitting up in the 60's & 70's which is way higher than what we normally have.

Our day trips went well--DH was a good sport about going to a tea room with me and we had a wonderful time! The place was really nice and the food was delicious! On the ride home we stopped at a winery and picked up a couple of bottles for Thanksgiving. I didn't get much done around the house (I really should have stayed at home and done some major decluttering) but there's always the weekends and the evenings. Speaking of decluttering, have you seen the FlyLady's Holiday Control Journal? She's got some great ideas for preparing for the holidays. You can get the journal off of her website.

After being off a week I'm in dire need of getting back on track--I was terrible about journaling and keeping track of my water and I can feel it. I started journaling yesterday and am hoping to counteract what I didn't do last week

So how's everyone else??

Lala: I would love tips about London! I'm looking forward to the trip and any info, etc. you'd like to pass along would be appreciated!

Last edited by MelissaL; 11-03-2003 at 08:46 AM.
Old 11-03-2003, 10:21 AM   #2  

Hi Melissa. Sounds like you had a good week off. Don't fret about the housework thing - it will be there whenever you get around to it .

I had a great weekend. Not too many trick-or-treaters on Friday nite which was a surprise given the beautiful weather. Unfortunately, that means we have lots of candy, chips etc. left over. I'm going to send it all to work with DH tomorrow.

Our Hallowe'en party on Saturday nite was a blast. The costumes were amazing - this was the first year that I was able to convince DH to let go of his disco theme - and the results were spectacular. There is so much imagination out there! Anyway, we said good-bye to the last of our guests at approx. 2:30 am. Sunday was spent trying to get the house back together again - always the sign of a good time!!

The countdown to Christmas is on. I would like to shed 10 lbs by Dec. 13th - DH's office party. I know, I'm dreaming...
Old 11-03-2003, 12:26 PM   #3  
si, si signora

Hiya Ladies,

Its soo cold (okay for Seattle) and sunny here. Quite lovely, but scarey as I have stuff that needs to be in the ground sooner than later....

Terrible trick or treaters this year, my adorable god children came by and other dear friend children (late though) and then a few kids from the hood and the rest ... hmmmm.... if you are driving to my house to trick or treat, then maybe you shouldn't be trick or treating.

I did have a colin powell though. That was pretty funny.

I did hit the candy with about 15 pts of flexing, so I am definitely not a happy camper. Good thing we had those and good thing its over a three day period. Its not that great the candy, I have no idea why I even ate it.

Other than that, I'm with Susan on the loss thing. I would be ecstatic to be down 5# more before Christmas. I have one more
London trip and then on Christmas day we leave for London and Rome (a week of Rome ) and Brussels. So, better to be down before eh?

Melissa --
I am going to download the control journal, I bought the control journal -- a bit dissapointed, but I'll share with my friend who can't afford it, however, I am a big list maker,so I get lots of joy from crossing things off.

I'm definitely going for the clutter free presents this year -- fruit for the older folks, gift certs and cards for the younger, free biz. class tickets for the folks....

Actually, and I know this is getting long, I was thinking about the fires in California and how much extraneous gack we carry with ourselves, so maybe living with less is a good thing.

I can't imagine (though we did have property in Ramona outside of Julian until three years ago) what those folks have lived through. I wonder if I can get rid of piles of linens that I have to give to those starting over again? We have a problem with placemats and napkins, I'll admit it.

okay, I've babbled enough.

Back to work.

lala
Old 11-04-2003, 07:13 AM   #4  

Good morning.

I'm also striving for useful gifts this year lala, and that usually involves food. I got really lucky last week and found lots of nice little edible things for my brothers and sisters. With eight of them to buy for, it's definitely the thought that counts...

I got on the scales this morning. Up about 3 lbs and no wonder, the way I've been eating. I've resolved to run more and spend less time in the kitchen. I'm making a serious stab at those 10 lbs, as unrealistic as it is.

Did some prepping for painting last nite. I'm finally getting around to finishing a job started many months ago. I have some incentive - a new computer centre that DH has promised to assemble this weekend. Once the painting is behind me, I'm taking a serious stab at de-cluttering my Christmas stuff.

Had a look at the FlyLady's control journal Melissa but decided I could create my own just as easily. I could certainly use some help in establishing a schedule.

I've decided to weigh-in on Saturday - regardless of what the scales at home say. It's time to bite the bullet again.
Old 11-04-2003, 11:07 AM   #5  

Hi everyone!

The scale is moving down for me (at least the one at home is indicating a loss) and once TOM departs it will be better. I'm doing well with keeping up with my tracking and water. Yesterday I was able to get a walk in over my lunch hour and have plans to do the same today since the weather is cooperating.

Lala: The holiday journal has some neat ideas. My GF in Florida started her own control journal and is raving abut how much easier life is now that she has established some routines.

Susan/Lala: Do I hear a Christmas challenge? I say we go for it--it would at least give us a goal, whether it's realistic or not, something to work towards by the middle of December.

Susan: Better to bite the bullet and move forward! Maybe by Saturday things will look a little better and maybe, just maybe your home scale isn't right!

Not too much happening here--I'm making my list for Christmas. I've given my brother gift certificates for homemade lasagne (his favorite) with a couple of days notice on his part and he loves that. I'm working towards a clutter free holiday as well.
Old 11-04-2003, 11:49 AM   #6  

Melissa/lala:

I'm up for a challenge. OK - 10 lbs not do-able by mid-December but I will strive for 7. Achieving that would put me in a festive mood indeed!
Old 11-04-2003, 02:26 PM   #7  
si, si signora

I'm down for 5 and more if possible. Weighed in this am at .4# down and after my 22 pts of halloween candy, I'll take it!

I made a list during my Java class last night of things I need to get folks, other than the kids, everyone is either getting fruit (grapefruit or oranges), gift cards for coffee or movies or airplane tickets. No more clutter!

lala
Old 11-05-2003, 10:48 AM   #8  

lala: Congrats on the loss. You fared much better than I did with the Hallowe'en indulgences.

Melissa: That Christmas challenge was a great idea - thanks. I'm officially OP today, although we're going to a port tasting tonite preceded by dinner. I've decided to munch on raw veggies and fruit for lunch, since I expect I'll be a bit over for the day.

Got the first coat of paint on the "office corner" last nite. Looks pretty good. DH has started to put together the computer desk which has a gazillion parts. It may be finished by Christmas 2004
Old 11-05-2003, 01:31 PM   #9  

Lala: I seem to have found the .4 that you lost...

Susan: I think a Christmas challenge is a great idea--I would like to lose 5# and it's do-able as long as I stick to journaling, etc.

So ladies I'm right at goal and not at all happy about it; I know in my heart that TOM is part of the problem and some indulgences while on vacation but not enough to be where I'm at. In any case, I'm going to really focus on portion sizes and water this week.

Have a great afternoon!
Old 11-05-2003, 07:04 PM   #10  
si, si signora

Hey Melissa,

Don't be too hard on yourself, you are at goal. An very enviable place to be IMO.

I am eating like a banshee today, could be my stress level. Short of a few 5pt. indulgence in halloween candy (bad lala), everything else I've eaten has been smack dab on program.

off to journal...

lala
Old 11-06-2003, 10:28 AM   #11  

I didn't beat myself up over where I'm at.

Last evening DS #1 was giving me a hard time about DS #2 and I got frustrated, i.e. started munching (cheetos, 100 grand mini bar, popcorn). I didn't do too much damage but I did have to dip into my FlexPoints (6).

Today is better and since I've already used some of my FP's I need to stay OP and stay at my target. It's a little cloudy out this morning and I'm planning on getting out at noon and doing some walking.

So how's everyone else doing? Lala, it must've been the day for stress/eating. Today will be better!

Working towards the Christmas goal of 5#....
Old 11-06-2003, 01:32 PM   #12  
si, si signora

Hiya Melissa --

Yup, it was a great day for dipping wasn't it.

I dipped about 3.5 pts with my bag of guacamole doritos during my programming class. Pathetic, but then I decided that was it.

I got out of class at 9:00 PM, DP and I went to the new swank grocery store in the 'hood and though I was tempted to buy something, I decided to browse and tomorrow I'll pounce on that sushi.

As for the kids pestering eachother, you know my bro and I are still at it and we're in our late 30's.... Its a sign of affection, right?

Its still cold here. I am hoping for more moderate temps this weekend, I have tons of work to do, but it will be nice to get out and do some yard work.

Other than that, anyone taking a loong weekend (Tuesday being a holiday down here in the US)?

lala
Old 11-06-2003, 01:35 PM   #13  
si, si signora

Oh Melissa ---

Did you see the way cheap fares to London? I don't know if its worth it to you to try and buy a ticket and redeposit your ff miles for a time where ticket prices are more expensive.

I bought tickets (blushing) for January, February and April. Darling taller half wants to go for a week in March, but I have yet to commit that much time. I love London, but I could go somewhere else for a change.

However, we have a week of Hilton hotel stays that we can use that week, so maybe we'll go.

Just a thought.

lala
Old 11-07-2003, 08:23 AM   #14  

Happy Friday!!!

I should have a fairly quiet day here in the office--boss decided to take the day off so I'll be able to get some things done and even play a little

Lala: I'm just going to leave my tickets the way they are--can you tell I'm cautious? I figure this way I'm on the same flights as the group and since it's my "maiden" flight overseas I'd rather play it safe. Thanks for the input though!

I was so proud of myself last night...DH bought some chocolate covered pretzels and mixed nuts from someone as a fundraiser and with all my self control and a goal in mind, I only had 1 pretzel and 1 almond. After that I got myself out of the kitchen and upstairs to get ready for bed. I feel good about it. I also managed to get in a nice 35 minute walk on my lunch hour so I'm heading in the right direction.

Weather here this morning is sunny and crisp (40 F) so a walk is in order at noon. They're calling for snow later tonight and tomorrow. I was hoping to get the leaves raked in the yard before it hit but it's not looking promising in that area. Maybe Sunday will be better and I can rack up some AP's

No long weekend here, although I'm trying to figure out when to use my last 5 vacation days between now and the end of the year. I usually take a few days off in December to do some baking/shopping.

Any plans for the weekend?
Old 11-07-2003, 08:47 AM   #15  

Hi guys. I've been lurking but reluctant to say anything due to a really bad week (of eating). Hard to tell there's any challenge going on as far as my behaviour is concerned.

I'm trying to bite the bullet though. Have a clean page in my journal and a points target. Maybe today will be the day. Honestly, I've been eating so badly - don't know what the reason for that is, but I hope to shake it and move on.

On the brighter side of the news, I realized this morning that I have a full six weeks before Christmas, and since much of this weight is "new" (ie gained over the past month), I do have a shot at my goal of 7 lbs.

Please send good will power vibes my way. I need 'em, big time.
Closed Thread