Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 06:30 AM   #1  
Made of Starstuff

Cool WW MM CHALLENGE! Jan/Feb Week 4

Hello Hello Hello & Welcome to Week 4 of the WW Month-to-Month Challenge!

Here's the Spreadsheet Link! We're on Week 4 (01/23/12).

Last week as a group, we were able to drop 26.7 pounds! Hurray!

Give us your updates or challenges for this week! Let's make healthy choices together

Last edited by Lovely; 01-23-2012 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Spellin'
Old 01-23-2012, 06:36 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Over the course of the week I'm down 1 pound I'll take it! I exercised 6 days last week, and tracked everything.

This week, I plan for the same:

- Daily 15 minutes on the treadmill.
- Track every bite.
- One day at a time. No need to get overwhelmed.

My challenges for this week... well, hmm. My husband might be traveling for a few days. We find out today or tomorrow. It's always last minute. I struggle when he's not here to hold me accountable. With that in mind, I have to stay strong and just say "No!" to junk and take-out.

Things keeping me on track: I have a doctor appointment in the middle of the week. I'd love to be on plan, and talk to my doctor about the healthy changes I made over this past year.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:50 AM   #3  

Down 1.6 this week. Of course that put me at missing my 20% by .2 lb. But I guess I can't really complain when it brings my WL since joining WW to 25.8 lb.

Last week's challenge was dinner out with old friends - the day before my weigh in. They decided on Olive Garden (I didn't get a vote for some reason). After checking out their nutrition and adding up some points, I opted for a healthier dinner at home before hand and just joined them for a (non-alcoholic) drink.
I simply decided that there was absolutely nothing on that menu that was worth derailing the hard work I've put into losing weight.

This weeks challenge - I have 2. 1) I hurt my foot Friday on the treadmill so I'm trying to figure out the best way to move forward with an exercise routine. I don't want to lose the momentum I was building and 2) Similar to last week, a friend is coming in town Friday and there will be a lot of eating out. I think I'm more worried about the exercise than eating out though.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:01 AM   #4  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Lovely : one pound is one pound! You got great challenges for the week. Take out food is such a triggering one LOL

anga : Awesome loss! I don't agree with you missing your 20%. Being only 0.2 pounsd away for your 20% is awesome. You're just sooo close! That will help you to get motivated to kick that 0.2 pound away all week! For you foot injury, are you going to a gym? Maybe you can ask for a trainer to help you find exercice that'd be nice to your foot, the time it heal.

Finally, a loss!

I'm down 2.2 pounds this week. I had TOM last week and probably indulge too much on the eating part. I really paid attention this week though and did some serious work out. I'm just scared I might get some water retention this week, my calves are soooooo sore (dam* you, super big hill that I ran on yesterday!)

We're also starting indoor hockey this week, haven't played in like 6 months... Can't wait to start this new work out again, it is so different from endurance running.

So my challenges for the week are :

- Healthy food decisions
- Try a few new healthy receipes
- Run at leat 3 times and do my longer run on sunday (my 10k race is in less than a month OMG)
- Like Lovely, take what comes in one day at a time

Hope you're all having a great monday everyone!!
Old 01-23-2012, 10:04 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 156/152.2/130

Height: 5'4

I'm in again this week...Last week I had a small gain. My stuggle this week will be getting into a new routine since I start school this week and I am taking a 4 unit class so I am expecting LOTS of homework. I am going to try to make it to the gym at least twice this week if I can.

New routines totally throw me off tracks so I really need to be held accountable.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:42 PM   #6  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Great job chickies!
These past weeks have been super hard on me, first travel away from home while I visit my daughter for a week and had no control over what foods were availible then to get home and the storm hit our area and we were without power for 3 days until I flew out again and now staying in a hotel still have limited choices so I know when I get home on Wed night that when I weigh on thur morning there will be another gain....but at least no more travel for months and I can get back on track
Old 01-23-2012, 05:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

This past week, I was down 1.2 and into a new decade It's such an awesome feeling hitting a new "adult low" weight!
Old 01-24-2012, 07:51 AM   #8  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by anga View Post
Down 1.6 this week.
Congrats! And awesome job on choosing to eat something before going to the restaurant for a drink. After all, it's about the company, not the food.

Don't push yourself with your foot injury. Remember RICE: Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation. I hurt my foot a few Christmases ago, and had to stop walking for about 2 weeks. However, I was still able to do some chair exercises (standing and sitting over and over) and wall push-ups. Things that still got me moving without relying totally on my foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboMammoth View Post
Finally, a loss!

I'm down 2.2 pounds this week.
Hurray!!!! Have fun with the hockey I can watch it, but I can't even skate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2my3angels View Post
New routines totally throw me off tracks so I really need to be held accountable.
You can do it! If you aren't already, planning some meals ahead of time, or making a large meal on the weekend that has lots of leftovers will help on the days that you don't want to cook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancylmrn View Post
Great job chickies!
These past weeks have been super hard on me
Sometimes life hits us hard. We can't always control every thing, but you were in control of what you could be. And that means that if there's a gain on the scale, that you are not up MORE pounds that you would be up if you didn't try to pay attention at all. Also, you're still here. As you get back into your normal routine, those pounds will be shed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chele615 View Post
This past week, I was down 1.2 and into a new decade It's such an awesome feeling hitting a new "adult low" weight!
Love it! New adult low! Congratulations!

---

The husband is going on a trip, but the excellent news is that it's only for one night/day. He'll be back before I even have time to consider eating junky foods.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:46 AM   #9  

Chele, amazing loss!

Lovely : oh god, it's indoor/in a gym hockey, I can't skate that well either! I barely know how to stop
Old 01-24-2012, 09:34 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/130

Height: 5 foot

Well...I'm going to go with the 1.2 down that the scale here at work says. But I REALLY think we have issues with the scale!!! According to mine at home...if I go by the weight that it said I was a week ago and what it said this morning, I'm down between 2.5 and 3.5 pounds. The numbers really did go down that much.......but this one only went down 1.2????? I'm so confused! I have no idea what I really weigh!!! Here i'm 198.4 at home I'm either 196.4 or 197.6.....and in the nurses office here at school I'm 195.4!!!!! I'm know I'm losing and that's great....I just want to know what I really weigh...yes, the numbers are important to me (what's most important is that they go down and I'm seeing that so I'm happy), but my overall goal is a breast reduction....that I can't get insurance to cover until I'm a certain BMI....I really don't want to be at that weight for months and not know it! There's a .6 difference in the BMI for the highest and lowest weight that I've gotten today.

I know I don't sound it...but I really am happy to be down 1.2 even if I would rather it be the 2-3 that I saw at home and even happier if I find that the nurses scale is accurate and I'm really 3 pounds lighter than I though I was lol
Old 01-24-2012, 09:58 AM   #11  

Good job KatRat Down by 1.2 is better than nothing!

This morning on the scale I was up 2 pounds compared from yesterday. I hope it's only water retention or something and that I won't screw up my yesterday's loss!
Old 01-24-2012, 06:25 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Katrat ~ I think you need to pick one scale and only use that one for weigh in purposes. You'll end up driving yourself crazy dealing with the fluctuations between the various scales. Choose one and stick with it!!!
Old 01-24-2012, 06:34 PM   #13  

Can I just say how motivating and inspiring each and every one of you are?

:-) I'm glad I came here.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:35 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/130

Height: 5 foot

I need a pick me up today guys.....*sigh* I came into school and was talking with a friend about our weight loss so far...and how much I had left to go. She's awesome and all but a substitute in her room (one who I've worked with off and on now for 7 years) is convinced that I'm another teacher.....who's NINE MONTHS PREGNANT! She told me "you'll loose the rest of that really quick when the baby is born!" .......yeah.......I'm down to 198......I DON'T look anywhere NEAR 9 months pregnant!!!! I can see how someone who doesn't know me might think my fat tummy was baby.....but.....errrrr!
Old 01-26-2012, 09:33 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatRat View Post
I need a pick me up today guys.....*sigh* I came into school and was talking with a friend about our weight loss so far...and how much I had left to go. She's awesome and all but a substitute in her room (one who I've worked with off and on now for 7 years) is convinced that I'm another teacher.....who's NINE MONTHS PREGNANT! She told me "you'll loose the rest of that really quick when the baby is born!" .......yeah.......I'm down to 198......I DON'T look anywhere NEAR 9 months pregnant!!!! I can see how someone who doesn't know me might think my fat tummy was baby.....but.....errrrr!
Oh my god! I understand that it must be hard facing something like that... But don't let this bring you down. I've still accomplish so much. I'm proud of you!

Wieght going up and down since the beginning of the week... At least it's not going up TOO much lol

I started the indoor/gym hockey last night, it feels good to shake up the body a bit with another sport

Hope you're having a great day!
Closed Thread