Old 01-18-2012, 11:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

Default Anyone know anything about this?

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is any slowing effect of taking birth control with weight watchers and weight loss. I am currently wearing the ortho evra BC patch, i wear it 3 weeks and then off for 1 (when TOM visits). The weird thing is, that week i am not wearing it is usually the week when i lose the most. Last time i had it off i lose 3.5lbs. Normally i hear of people gaining weight or maintaining on their week with TOM.

Do any of you know anything about this? or if i am just crazy or if its possible that it could slow weight loss efforts using a drug like this. is it some silly coincidence?

Thanks in advance guys.
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:51 PM   #2  
Losin' it in SacTown!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Generally speaking, hormonal birth control tends to make its users gain weight. It's not true with everyone. I gained. Of course, I didn't lose once I stopped, because I had other issues with my thyroid.

As a side note, when I quit taking birth control (ironically I was on it when my husband-then-boyfriend and I were dating long distance), my periods started working like clockwork. No more cramps. On time every single month, only off by a day or so. Always three days (actually, more like 2.5), exactly, every single day exactly the same as the last cycle. So, my advice is to only be on hormonal BC if you *absolutely* have to be on it. I'm not too keen on it as a contraceptive since it can mess with our bodies more than help them in some cases.
bandit bear is offline   Reply With Quote