Old 11-18-2011, 12:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

Default Weekly Chat - Nov 18 - 25

Thought i would re-start the weekly chat since i did not see a current one. Its always a nice time to ask you all how your doing. Last week i lost 5lb at the scales, which put me back under 200 and at 197. Pretty exciting stuff. I know i am still down today, atleast another 1lb under. Will see tomorrow!

I was supposed to weigh in today, but i just found out yesterday that i have.... SHINGLES. WHAT THE HECK?!? I have no idea how i got shingles, but lemme tell you, it is itchy and sore at the same time!! I went to pick up my meds and the pharmacist asked me if the pills were for me, i said yeah... she asked what i was taking for. I told her shingles, she said well... i thought so by the meds you were in need of, but then thought your WAY too young to have shingles! Sheeeeesh. Usually if it isnt one thing, its another with me lol.

How is everyones week going? ANyone have any cool NSV's? I am off work for a week now since i am contagious.. lol, so i will see how the eating goes. I do better with routine when i am at work.
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 264/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 6"

Hi, Mercury...

Congrats on your loss. That's terrific! I posted about my week on another thread, but I guess it bears repeating. I've been on WW for five weeks and had lost 8 pounds. At my weigh-in last night, I had a 5 pound gain (in case you were wondering where those 5 you lost got to)!

Pretty sucky... but this week led me to a few (sort of) NSVs. The first actually has to do with my scale at home. I finally got rid of it. I was in the habit of weighing myself constantly and it proved to be my undoing. If I saw a gain at some point during the week (which is inevitable), I would freak out and blow the whole week because I reasoned that I had screwed up somewhere and would just "enjoy" myself and "start fresh" after my next weigh in. And that is exactly what happened this week. So I finally tossed the scale -- which is a big step for me.

But even bigger is that I knew I was going to have a gain -- a significant one -- but I still went to the meeting and took the hit. In the past, I just wouldn't go, vowing instead to lose the weight and go back when I could register another loss rather than a gain on that little folded-up piece of cardboard called the Weight Record. So now it says +5.2 and shows officially that in one week I gained back more than half of what I lost over the previous four. But it's a big step for me.

And bigger still ... I haven't given up. Again, in the past, a gain for meant that WW didnt work and I was done with it -- even if I could trace the exact choices that caused the gain.

So even though I'm upset about the gain, I made some other pretty significant strides toward living with WW and making heathy choices and away from dieting.

I hope you feel better soon. How long does shingles usually take to clear up?

~Meg~
265.2/262.4/150

PS.... your stats are close to mine, so you are a real inspiration to me.

Last edited by JerseysGirl; 11-18-2011 at 01:38 PM.
JerseysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:39 PM   #3  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Wow mercury down 5 and shingles sounds like a crazy combination But a week off work could be nice but I know what you mean about doing better with a work routine. Why not pack your meals and snacks as you would if you were going to work then when it comes to eating and tracking it is under control??

I am having a bit of a NSV this week, its offical I am in between sizes have not lost enough to get into my size 10 but my 12's are lose I won't say baggie just yet. LOL its offical I now have 4 sizes in my collection. I swore last time I lost the weight I want I would never wear my 14 and 12's again but never gave them away this time I will
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/ 168/ STG 160/ LTG 145

Height: 5'4"

Shingles? Holy heck, yeah you're too young for that. I've heard it's been linked to immune systems, that if you've had chicken pox as a child, the virus stays dormant in your system, and when major stress or injury happens.. BOOM.. shingles. Try to take it easy while you're off work.

I tried Zumba last night! Woah was that embarrassing. I felt like I was surrounded by hiphop music video professional dancers while I was barely moving around (my feet felt heavy and I couldn't keep up). It was fast, and fierce, and I can NOT dance. I'll try again when I've lost another 20 lbs and gained some more confidence. lol

So, I've been stuck in my upper 180's for weeks, 185 is the lowest I've gotten all year long. It's my own fault, I'm owning that. I'll go several days of eating properly, then have a splurge day, then I end up splurging over and above what I'd planned, then figure I'd already screwed myself and eat horribly a day or two following, then I'll be good for several days and rinse, repeat. I need to find a way to kick that little devil off my shoulder.

Last edited by girlsenberry; 11-18-2011 at 02:26 PM.
girlsenberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:20 PM   #5  

JerseysGirl - Dont beat yourself up! I did read your other post too, i know how frustrating this weight loss is. Just record your gains and loss's and keep on working through it. Once you fully have the hang of it, you will be sheddin numbers before you know it. My only advice is, that when my weight goes up and down from one week to the next, it is all about tracking for me. If i havent tracked i tend to overeat and then i gain. So just make sure your doing that stuff (which i am sure you are). Just keep posting and letting us know how your getting along, and try keeping up with posting your tracker in that other thread.

Nancy - wow thats a wonderful NSV!!! Definitely get RID of all of those clothes that are too big for you! I Went through my closet recently and got rid of all my stuff. I used to be in a 22, and am now in a 14 - almost a 12. Like you i am probably closer to a size 13. Donate your stuff! Just have to think that you will never be in those sizes again.

Girlsenberry - Shingles!! i know right!! its sucks, its so itchy and the medication isnt very nice. I will just take the meds and try to get rid of it, and get some rest while i am on my sick leave. It could very well be linked to Immune systems, but i am not sure. Zumba is hard chick, i went when i was like 220lbs, and it was devastating haha, i tried to find a spot rigggght at the back of the room where no one could see my butt lol. i definitely could not move my feet like those other girls, but i didnt feel like anyone was laughing at me, i think everyone has to start somewhere lol. I cant dance either!
Old 11-18-2011, 09:52 PM   #6  
Work in Progress

just wanted to chime in real quick.....

zumba+me=2 lead feet with no rythem and arms that don't know left from righ
Old 11-18-2011, 09:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 222/ 168/ STG 160/ LTG 145

Height: 5'4"

That's exactly how I felt last night! LOL
girlsenberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 10:30 AM   #8  
Work in Progress

Well last night I gave in to some cravings...got a veggie delight pizza from papa murphys but had them only put 1/2 the cheese on it. I ate 4 slices! but it was good. Then later in the eve I ate 4 squares of dark chocolate. I tracked it all and with my activity pts (which I rarely use) I stayed where I should be

So I weighed myself this am and am the same weight I was on Monday's offical day so I feel ok about the splurge.

I am going to take some time this weekend and plan my evening meals a bit better. I eat ok but it could be better, do any of you have some great go to fast meals?

Last edited by nancylmrn; 11-19-2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old 11-19-2011, 12:02 PM   #9  

for takeout type stuff, i go to the shawarma place close to me and grab a "chicken salad". Im so addicted to those. I feel like im eating fast food but really not. actually pretty healthy. Is just salad with some extra veggies and meat (you can ask them for half the portion of meat) and a little garlic sauce.
Old 11-19-2011, 01:02 PM   #10  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Hey all! Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

I'm sick and had to cancel my getaway weekend in Quebec city to stay home with my Kleenex tissues. Lots of fun lol. And I just want to eat crap
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:53 PM   #11  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

Aw sorry to hear that Turbo. Hope you feel better soon. Lots of rest and fluids for you!

Hubby is still out of town but I've had my brother visiting over the weekend. We picked up our packets for our 5k race on turkey day, though I won't be able to run much of it (just started easing back into running post-injury this week), I'll still finish one way or another.

We went out to breakfast after we picked up the packets. I got congratulated and asked when I was due, and when I think I stammered out an embarassed "Uh what?", the server started speculating about how I was carrying the baby. Awk. Ward. I'm definitely losing weight in the tummy area slower than other areas and I left a bulky fleece jacket on during the meal and all, but that was a first!

Last edited by Somni; 11-19-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Somni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 02:30 PM   #12  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Thumbs up just joined WW this week... Hi!

Hi Everyone

I joined my local WW meeting this past Thursday so I am halfway through my first week. This is my 3rd time at WW. The last time was whenever the points system was introduced and the time before that I was 10, so this weight thing has been with me since I was 8. That's 40 years now. I just turned 48...so maybe I can spend the next 40 years without this particular monkey on my back if I stick to my foodplan and all that.

That would be great.

So I am finding it tough to believe that I will show a loss on Thursday. Part of me says no, not gonna happen look at all the food you're eating (3 apples and a mango yesterday all for 0pts?) I love it but find it hard to believe it's true... I sure *hope* it is cause I really could, actually, live my life eating like this which makes me feel deliriously happy.

Anyway, time will tell. Just wanted to pop in and say hello. Bye for now!
onebyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:33 PM   #13  
Work in Progress

Turbo -- feel better soon!
Somni--- you are right awkward but hey you are going to run a 5K more than I can do
onebyone--welcome and have faith you will see that scale move south...I say the same thing to myself every weigh in. My goes slow but heck it is going

Well dh and I just got back from a lunch out..did well had some thai red chicken curry and only 1 bite of the white rice. I am stuffed. in an hour I am going to go jump on the elliptical at the gym for 60 min. I feel awful I did not work out yesterday
Old 11-21-2011, 01:05 AM   #14  

I AM SOOOOooOOooOooooooo ITCHY! UGH! I thought 80yr old women got shingles!! this is insanity uuugh. I must have lost 10lbs this week, just from scratching! What a workout! Not sure id even give this to my worst enemy.

On a side note, I love you all
Old 11-21-2011, 06:54 AM   #15  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies. I've been slacking a bit recently. I'm on my 6th week of maintenance now but I've taken that "whatever" attitude with my eating lately and slacked off tracking. A few parties with cheese and crackers, chips, and other goodies derailed me again this weekend so I end up calling the day a wash and don't bother writing any of it down anyway. I know that is a recipe for disaster. I also haven't been checking in here lately either, which typically helps me stay on plan. I know the weight can creep back up so easily, so I'm getting myself in check this week. Staying away from the appetizer table on Thanksgiving. They are my weakness!
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote