Old 03-19-2011, 04:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5'6

Default dizzy spells

Since i started this, i've been getting more frequent dizzy spells... mostly when i get up from playing with my daughter, like im doing it too quickly. Would this be related to this? I dont feel like im not eating enough, but it seems to occur more often since i changed this. and i eat my multivitamin every 2 days. Not every day, cos sometimes they make me feel severely ill/headache, and even cutting them up into small pieces they get stuck in my throat (generally an uncomfortable feeling)
Jinksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:27 PM   #2  

I have a couple ideas. I get light headed like you describe when I don't drink enough. Sometimes, I need even more than the recommended amount.

Are you going too low carb? If you were used to more carbs before & have suddenly lowered them, maybe your body is getting used to it.

Or maybe it's an inner ear problem. You might want to check with your doctor if it keeps happening.
wendyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:53 PM   #3  

might be the water thing :S i DONT get enough water... i like it, i just cant bring myself to drink more than i want... cos i often dont feel thirsty. Perhaps i'll try that. I forced myself to drink water pregnant, i can do it now too.

Thanks
Old 03-19-2011, 06:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Usually that kind of positional dizziness is caused by a sudden drop in your blood pressure when you go from a seated to a standing position. It could be that you have a low circulating blood volume (i.e. not drinking enough water). It could also be that your sodium level might be too low (sodium acts to draw water into your blood vessels, creating an adequate blood volume). It's important not to take in too much sodium, and a lot of dieters restrict this, but it is an essential mineral and you need an adequate amount.
It could be that you naturally have a lower blood pressure and need to change positions more slowly.
Spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Yeah... ditto to what Spooky said! You should go into a pharmacy and use their free blood pressure checks if they have them in your area. I know they have them here, but its a good way of just seeing what your baseline blood pressure is (hoping that the machines are well calibrated!). Drink lots of water, but its possible to drink TOO much water too. You can actually dilute the good sodium in your body and throw off your electrolytes. There is definately a fine balance in everything.
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 298.6/298.6/175

Height: 5'9''

I was gettting dizzy spells a lot too, at first only when I was getting up but after abou a week, even when I was just turning my head to speak to someone. I went to the doctor and had blood work done. Everything was normal, he told me that sometimes we get a virus that only really makes us a little off balance and manifests as dizzy spells. He assured me that it would most likely just stop on it's own. Sure enough, after about a week or two, it went away.

As for the vitamins, women's vitamins were making me nauseous too. My doctor told me a children's vitamin is actually enough, especially if you are eating a healthy diet. I have been taking Flintstones for about a year now and I haven't had a problem. As an added bonus they are cheaper then adult multivitamins and you probably already have them around for your daughter.
nlm1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:13 PM   #7  

naw my daughter is only 6 months. She doesnt have any multivitamins. And i got a good deal on my vitamin/mineral.. buy n get one free. GIant pack... also giant pills
lol
Its still comes and goes; kinda like when i walk into the bathroom too quickly, get up to quickly. I've tried the increasing my water; hasnt seemed to make a difference.
i THINK, it might be affected by my cardio days.... im going to test that theory
Old 03-25-2011, 09:39 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 298.6/298.6/175

Height: 5'9''

If it goes on for much longer, you might want to consult a doctor just in case. It will probably work itself out though. Your body is probably just adjusting to something. I waited about two weeks before I went to the doctor and then it took about one to two weeks after my visit to clear up. Hope you feel better soon.
nlm1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:11 PM   #9  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

I'm taking prenatal vitamins, and I get the GUMMY version now, b/c the regular ones made my stomach so nauseous...
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote