Old 02-27-2011, 07:02 PM   #1  
Do everything in love.

S/C/G: 420/305.4/145

Height: 5'9"

Default That's so much food!?

I just joined WW last Thursday and have been tracking my points online ever since. Because I have so much weight to lose, I've got a high number of daily points. I've been trying to eat close to the number of points since it says not to under eat. I have gotten within 5-10 points under my allotted points each day without using my weekly points plus points or using any of my activity points. I'm eating the same foods that I was eating before (heathy choices). I count and measure everything, so I don't think I'm off with distorted portions. I don't feel hungry throughout the day, but actually feel like I've ate too much. Has anyone else thought that you are eating an awful lot? Did you still lose weight? I'm hoping that I don't get to next Thursday and get on the scale to see that I've gained weight.
ohlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:15 PM   #2  

I know exactly how you feel. I just felt like in order to get the allotted number of points in after I had eaten healthy I needed to add things that were higher in points and I felt like there was no way I could eat that much and lose weight, because honestly I felt like I was eating more than I did when I wasn't dieting. I didn't give it a chance to see if I would lose because I decided to lower my points on my own. I have ended up going down to the points I was allowed on momentum but using the new points plus foods. Does that make sense?
TexNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:16 PM   #3  

I meant to ask you how you lost your first amount of weight since you have already lost quite a bit and you said you just joined WW so was curious as to what you were doing previously.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

At first when i started i was thinking to myself... OMG im going to starve to death all day! How on earth was i going to eat that few points and be full all day, but then i got going with it now seems a lot and harder to actually get the points in. It sucks to eat for the sake of eating... but there are some good tips in another thread about points and eating them all. Substituting a few things here and there may help, like instead of having an ice water... have a nutritious glass of milk which is going to cost some points. I know it is explained much better in that thread.
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/217/150

Height: 5'4"

Some things I would suggest is to eat nuts, almonds etc, high in protein but high in points as well. Don't get too many fat free products, have the full fat salad dressing etc. Also don't forget your daily oils, that adds a few points on as well. And as above, have a glass of milk with meals. Good luck!
JenB77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:12 PM   #6  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

ohlove, I see you're from Nebraska! Me too!

The plan is designed for you to lose on the points they alot to you.

I only get 29 so it's not an issue for me. But, I'm trying to push away my plate when I'm full even if I haven't eaten everything. I see no point in eating if I'm full. That's how I got fat.

Like someone else said, there's other threads that talk about it more. Look around and see what they say.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:12 AM   #7  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

ohlove, I know exactly how you feel! I honestly think some of it is a mental game: when you are heavy and want to lose weight, your instinct tells you to eat *less* food, but that's not how WW works and it can be tricky to get into that mindset where it's actually okay to eat and eat things like ice cream and cookies, as long as its in moderation. I would encourage you to add some healthy oils, nuts, full-fat dairy like cheese and milk, even some starchy veggies into your daily meals to make up those extra points. I think it's okay to be a few points under, like 2 or 3, but 10 is a lot and it shouldn't be every day.

TexNurse, did you even bother trying to do the pointsplus or did you just decide to assign yourself the momentum daily points? The programs aren't meant to be combined, and while you're losing weight now, I'd worry it could ultimately come back to bite you. Because foods are calcuated differently on PointsPlus, you might be surprised at how you actually could meet your PP daily target without much difficulty. I did Momentum for about a week before switching over and I didn't have to change my food choices. The foods I ate to meet my Momentum Dailies also met my PP dailies without any problem, all because the calculation was different and specific to each program.

Because the Momentum and PP are so vastly different in terms of how points are calculated, I'd be concerned because PP points are higher than Momentum points, and if you're using PP for food and Momentum for your dailies, you are going to be hitting your daily target much sooner than you should be and not getting enough food for your body to function.
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:07 AM   #8  
Do everything in love.

Thanks, everyone! I've been trying to pick up points by adding in some almonds and skim milk. And I love, love, love the Blueberry Squares recipe (I made it with light cherry pie filling instead of blueberry), so I've had that for dessert with 2 cups of skim milk to pick up 6 more points when I'm under. I'm going to keep trying to get close to my points, and I'll see where I'm at when I weigh in on Thursday. I actually do seem to have more energy, so maybe I wasn't eating enough before to sustain the workouts that I do. I had trouble finding that balance between not eating enough and eating too much bad stuff, and I think that's why I hit my last plateau.

TexNurse, I lost weight by doing a combination of cardio/weight lifting and making healthy choices that I could live with. I tried counting calories, and it didn't work for me because I felt deprived. But, I hit a wall from November to January, so I thought WW would help me keep moving. This isn't my first attempt at losing weight, but this is the first time it's working and I completely contribute my success to focusing my life on my faith.

shcirerf, Go Huskers! lol

Tudor Rose, I absolutely agree about having to change your mindset about eating. I have high hopes that WW will help me learn moderation.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:34 AM   #9  
WW Moderator

Ohlove, Sometimes I feel deprived and sometimes I have some left over, but I never feel like it's hard to reach my daily points.

Try eating some grains at each meal. A cup of rice, a cup of oatmeal, etc. And get plenty of healthy oils - if you've got the points to spare, all of those will help clean out your arteries! Dried beans, sweet potatoes, avocados are also higher in points, and very good for you.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:57 AM   #10  

If you are eating more than 5 servings of fruits and vegetables each day, cut back to 5 and use your points on grains, protein, dairy and good fat. If you are eating fake food (light bread, fat free cheese, etc.) eat the real thing. It'll satisfy you more.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:00 PM   #11  
Do everything in love.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I freaking gained a pound. I stayed within points the whole week. I ate 3-5 servings of fruits/veggies a day. I earned 31 activity points and didn't use any of them. I'm so frustrated right now. I measured EVERYTHING, so it can't be that I'm eating more servings than I think. I'm tempted to just lower my daily points myself.

Last edited by ohlove; 03-03-2011 at 10:03 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:06 PM   #12  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Eat some of your activity points, that might help.
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:50 AM   #13  
WW Moderator

Don't give up! Sometimes our weight just shifts. I weighed daily this past week, and watched it go a teensy bit down and down and down and then on weigh day - up 2 pounds! I had wayy to much soy sauce the night before weight in. I'm not worrying about it, because I'll see it next week.

Feel free to post your menus and maybe we can help! Excess sodium, sugar, or simple carbohydrates can all get in the way of the scale. Just hang in there!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 04:45 PM   #14  

Yes, I did try the Points Plus before I changed over...I am using the new points plus food point values, just lowered my allowed points and it works for me. I didn't lower them that drastically but I lost 7 lbs this week so it is working for me. I just didn't feel comfortable at 53 pts but I did put my weight in etools today just to see what my allowed points would be now and it is 49 and I was eating 40 so I'm basically doing the program correctly. I am going to take y'alls advice and do the avocado and healthy oils, etc.