Old 02-04-2011, 02:56 PM   #1  
foodie on a diet!

S/C/G: 180.2/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Activity & Weekly Points

Hi Ladies!

i've just joined WW as of last Saturday and am still getting the hang of it. I had a question and really couldnt find an answer that made sense to me on the WW site:

What's the deal with Activity points? as in, swapping them, etc. I work out almost everyday and have 18 activity points this week so far. Do you have to swap them?

Also, what is the difference between swapping activity points and using your weekly points? If I want to go over my daily points, do I swap activity points or use my weeklies?

Another question and this might be a dumb one, when does a new week start? Although I joined WW online on Saturday, I changed my set weigh-in day for Monday. So does my new week begin Sat or Mon?

Thanks!
uncontentgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

If you go over your daily points target, you can either activity points or weekly points--it's your choice. Many people use their AP first and others, like me, use no AP, but use weekly points. And, no, you don't have to swap AP. However, if you're working out a lot and not eating enough, you could 1) not lose weight and/or 2) lose muscle because you're not giving your body enough fuel. It's rather counterintuitive, but once I started eating more, I started losing again (I work out daily pretty vigorously).

I believe the usual week start is your weigh-in day, but, again, I think that's your choice. I weigh-in on Saturday morning, but start my week on Sunday morning.

Good luck! I lost 100 lbs. using WW and have maintained at or below my original WW goal for 4.5 years now so I think it's a pretty great program.

Last edited by Sheila53; 02-04-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:36 PM   #3  
foodie on a diet!

S/C/G: 180.2/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

great! thanks so much sheila!
uncontentgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:49 PM   #4  
Less of a Better Me

You don't have to use your AP. I use mine before my WP. I typically use them on the day I earn them although I don't always do that. My reasoning is on days that get AP I generally need more food and am more hungry so it makes sense to use them.

The big thing is that many people are, well, a little over optimistic in counting activity. I've found I do better if I basically count most everything as low intensity and I tend not to count it unless it really formal exercise or activity that is way outside my normal daily activity.

Other people use WP first and that's OK too.

You can set your week on WW for whatever day you want to. Currently I weigh in on Saturday and set my week to start that morning. For a while I had my new week start the day after weigh in and I found that was a temptation to eat too much that last day since I had already weighed in and I knew I had a new week starting the next day.

But it just depends on what works for you.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote