Old 01-08-2011, 12:31 AM   #1  

Default Weight watchers for maintaining at home?

Hello everyone!

My mom might be re-trying to lose weight through weight watchers again, and I want to be supportive and help cook. I'm 5'3 1/2 and about 122-124 pounds so I'm happy with my body, and don't feel like I need to lose much weight (rather maintain). So far, I've done this through calorie counting but I've been thinking of switching to the what seems to me less nit-picky form of counting by weight watchers points.

I wouldn't want to pay for membership, would it be possible to somehow find out my number of daily points to maintain and calculate points in foods without going to the movies? Does weight watchers even apply to maintainers?

THanks, sorry for my ignorance!
Kaspara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

The best advice I could give is to maybe sign up for ww online, I think they are doing their 2 weeks for free trial so you can plug in your info, get your daily pts target etc and then cancel it before you are charged if you want to. We are pretty liberal with allowing point chatter about food items etc but daily points target for losing or maintaing is the one thing we pay for so sorry we can't give that to you here. But best of luck to you and welcome!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 168 / 168 / 130

Height: 5.6

If your mom will be doing the points plus (new plan); you can buy the Points Plus Complete Food Guide on ebay for like $25 and you'll know what points values are for all of the foods, this would be especially helpful if you're cooking.

If she is doing the old plan then you would want to get the Momentum Food guide.
SweetyKins is offline   Reply With Quote