Old 01-20-2011, 11:48 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 172.8/168/145 maybe?

Height: 5'2

Did you all see it on Dr. Oz this week? I guess that guest gets the program for free.
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:10 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Saw 179.8 on the scale this morning!!! It keeps working for me. Who knows why? Food choices? Body composition? Pull of the moon? I don't care I just know it works.

Oodles, when I tried calorie counting I wasn't able to do it "right." Psychologically I thought I needed a certain amount of calories, so I kept mine high. WW works better for me since I don't know what I'm eating for calories. Sounds like CC would work better for you, especially if you lost the leader you liked. That stinks.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:17 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

I'm contemplating going back to the Momentum Plan for a while, I'm having the same issue with my weight fluctuating back and forth. On the old plan I lost 2.6/2.8lbs consistently since I had started and now it's either up or down, it never stays down.

My next weigh in is Wednesday and if I don't see a change, I'm definately going back to Momentum for a while.
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:06 PM   #49  

Seagirl you are one of the most happy with this plan. I see no dancing carrots for me. All the things people say to do I'm doing. and the most important is tracking. My notebook is right beside me. And ya, I even put in the Goldfish that I ate. The 3.5 ounce potatoe. I'm not eating a lot but it's not doing a darn thing for me.

7 pounds down since end of October. Come on body... get with the program.. I'm not stoping it though no matter what. I've found it does make me more accountable to my rice portion of which is like Ice Cream to Ice Cream lovers. I love Rice.

and I'm not going to blame my not loosing to one food item.. it has to be something else not right for me... Maybe I'm not to be a skinny chick after all.

Last edited by tytbody; 01-21-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:19 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
Seagirl you are one of the most happy with this plan. I see no dancing carrots for me. All the things people say to do I'm doing. and the most important is tracking. My notebook is right beside me. And ya, I even put in the Goldfish that I ate. The 3.5 ounce potatoe. I'm not eating a lot but it's not doing a darn thing for me.

7 pounds down since end of October. Come on body... get with the program.. I'm not stoping it though no matter what. I've found it does make me more accountable to my rice portion of which is like Ice Cream to Ice Cream lovers. I love Rice.

and I'm not going to blame my not loosing to one food item.. it has to be something else not right for me... Maybe I'm not to be a skinny chick after all.
Have you tried mixing up the kind of foods you are eating? If you eat mostly carbs (I love my rice, but go through it much more slowly now) have you tried switching to more protein and seeing if that changes anything? That seems to be what is helping me the most. I snack on a piece of string cheese instead of crackers and I think the extra protein makes my body happier.

I don't know... I sort of had to play around with it at first to see what worked.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:46 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

I think I'm definately switching back to the old plan Wednesday, I've done a LOT of thinking and it feels right for me. I lost almost all of my weight so far on Momentum and I want to reach my goal under the same plan. I honestly think PP may be something I'll switch back to when it comes time for maintenance.
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:17 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

I'm not sure if someone said this yet (yet scanned the thread), but I have a friend who is THRILLED with the new program because although some items are more points (i.e. oatmeal), she gets fruit for no points. She is a fruit lover and is now indulging in lots more fruit because she doesn't count it.

Her loss has stalled/slowed -- she thinks it's a plateau because she's eating within her point range. I think it's the additional fruit (sugar) she's consuming.

I'm not sure what your fruit intake is, but it's just a thought...
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:44 PM   #53  

Just had a banana with my oatmeal. after the oatmeal was done. but everyone is thinking this free fruit is so great. Sure it's fine but again. No biggie. I think like my friend told me, she's not going to do it any more because it is not working for her either. We say, they don't TEACH you what is a better choice.

So what if I eat x amount of points and all free fruit and vegetables, so what AM i suppose to eat that makes you lose weight?/

they say it helps you make better choices. ?? no it doesn't because if you have 15 points and you want the pizza what is stopping you from eating it? nothing. It's in your point range. If you want a potatoe, what's wrong with that.

so you eat the *POWER* foods, it does nothing. There is no TEACHING in my book.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:13 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I really love the new program. I'm eating more fruit and veg than ever and I think that's really good for your body. I try to stick with power foods -- lean protein, whole grains, fruit and veg, some dairy products. I still have ice cream a few times a week, I still have coffee in the morning.
It helps me make better choices because the pack of strawberry newtons will cost me 4 points but I can have an apricot or a banana or a bowl of roasted butternut squash for zero and save those 4 points for real, whole food as part of a meal.
But if something is really important to me (like ice cream) I will use the points for that and not feel bad about it.
I don't go overboard with fruit, either. I usually have a banana and maybe one other piece of fruit a day. I've read about people eating MOUNTAINS of fruit and it just seems strange to me. Moderation is important.
Spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:32 PM   #55  

I love the new program. My weight loss had stalled on Momentum and it has been great on the new PP+.

The sugar in fruit is not the same as table sugar, honey and stuff like them. Sugar in fruit is released slowly by the body and doesn't cause insulin spikes. The plan is based on 200 calories of fruit a day if you read the patent.

The reason many don't lose on the new plan is they changed their way of eating. There is no reason to eat differently than you did on Momentum. If you get in your 9 GHGs, eat your daily points and some of your Weeklys you will lose. If you abuse the 0-point things, you will gain.

And remember there is no FREE foods on WW. There are 0-point foods and at some quantity they will also have points that need to be counted.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:00 PM   #56  
Persistance loses weight

S/C/G: 216/177/136

Height: 5'7"

I like the PP much more than Momentum. On Momentum I was always hungry all the time, but on PP I am rarely hungry. I have followed the plan loyally and lost consistently, but I am do not over do it on the fruit, and use half of my weekly points and none of my activity points. I also eat very few processed carbs which I think contributes greatly to my weight loss.
skinnycow126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:29 PM   #57  
Less of a Better Me

I have had very good results with PP. I posted on another thread my calories eaten per day for the last 3 weeks. I actually find it hard most days to get to my 29 points. I'm eating around 1100 calories a day on average and am not hungry and getting good results. There has been some up and down. One week I lost nothing but the next week lost 1.6 pounds. I think that was mostly sodium related.

Overall I am losing much better than on the old program. For me, a point works out to about 41 calories (which does include the zero point foods I eat).

I do not, however, eat much fruit. I like veggies much more than fruit and the veggies tend to be lower calorie. Perhaps it would be different if I was a big fruit eater.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote