Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2002, 02:20 PM   #1  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Default In It For The Long Run #5

WELCOME TO "IN IT FOR THE LONG RUN".

We're still the same bunch of folks who posted in: "COUNTDOWN TO 250 AND BEYOND" but we chose a new name. We started with more than 100 lbs to lose and are doing our best to attain healthy bodies through weight loss and exercise.

Most of us are using Weight Watchers to help us along this road but we welcome anyone who is trying to successfully change to a healthy lifestyle.

Got a lot to lose? Pull up your keyboard and join us for fun, support,advice and just plain talk. We love to "see" new faces so jump right in.

j-ann

Old 10-18-2002, 02:26 PM   #2  

Hi Ladies

I've got a miserable cold. All I want to do is sleep and breathe.
It's the breathing that's the hardest.

I'm trying to stay OP. Thank God for Splenda. I can have hot, SWEET tea and not blow a lot of pts. on sugar. I really love sweet tea when I have a sore throat.

Looks like it's going to be a quiet, on the mend (I hope) weekend for me.

WELCOME Karen! Glad you found us!
Old 10-18-2002, 04:23 PM   #3  

Hello, hello!

Today was shopping in preparation for tonight's wild dryer repair program. LOL!

Points are good - dinner is ham, scalloped (fat free) potatoes, green beans and biscuits. Yum!
Old 10-19-2002, 07:35 AM   #4  

I can't recall if I posted when we bought our water cooler. It was a storage auction find (I'm thinking of it now because we leave shortly for another storage auction) - $10 and I won it. It works beautifully - and its made a BIG difference to my water consumption. Being able to just walk into the kitchen and freshly dispense cold mineral water - ooo-la-la. Our well water was usually pretty good - but it can't beat this for ease and taste. I'd lusted after a water cooler ever since we'd had to give up our lease in FL when we moved ... and I'm so glad to have one back in my life again.

Today is storage auctions, cheap and quick taco bell food - (Steak tacos - 5 pts each) - then chicken enchiladas (with FF cream cheese, low fat cheddar, chicken, FF corn tortillas - I wanna know how they make those, salsa, etc).

I hope your weekends are FAB!
Old 10-20-2002, 07:02 AM   #5  

This morning is an early one - or it feels that way since the seasons changed - our Mass still meets at 8 am right now; beginning in November its 9.30, I think. Its all dark out side and I'm wearing my first cold-weather outfit of the season. Its a plain long kilt wrap skirt by Liz Claiborne (size 16 - but its snug and wouldn't work if it was a seamed instead of wrap, I think), with a soft black sweater (also Liz) (and, to boast on my bargain hunting skills - all bought new in June for $11 total). I look cute and warm. *grin* (Even if I do say so myself).

We'll do our usual Sunday ritualistic breakfast at *gasp* Taco Bell - I buy the Sunday paper and we spread out on two tables so we can all dig in and enjoy. No one touches the coupons before mom - and everything is good.

Happy Sunday!

Last edited by slutbunny; 10-20-2002 at 07:04 AM.
Old 10-20-2002, 09:22 PM   #6  

Hi all I've been looking around and thought I would introduce myself. This is my first posting. Not quite sure what to say right now but I hope to be around for a while and get some support and incouragement from all of you. I am on the WW program but seem to be going back and forth for some time now. I really need a push (or shove would be fine too) to move forward. Would like to take off a few more pounds before Christmas. Would love to hear from anybody who just wants to talk. Thanks for listening.
Old 10-21-2002, 07:54 AM   #7  

Hiya, Determinedthistime!

Its hard to stay focused - I think I'm the Queen of Lack of Focus, really. I try to take one day, one bite, one moment at a time. If I forget my goal - better health, easier breathing, hot fashions - I remember before too long (a walk too far and I'm out of breath, a stabbing pain when I kneel, the pants that are too snug). I reward myself often with new clothing, new yarn, new books. And I remember that, no matter where the scale moves, if I'm eating healthier foods, I'm doing a good thing for my body.
Old 10-21-2002, 11:53 AM   #8  

Hi Jen, Welcome Determinedthistime,

I'm feeling a bit better. Kind of wish this cold had included a sore throat. Might have helped me get back on program.

I need to have a long talk with myself about my weight issues. I'm slipping rather badly and can't seem to find my incentive to stick to it.

Somebody needs to remind me to JOURNAL!!! No, I need to REMIND MYSELF TO JOURNAL! That's the only way I'll keep myself honest and OP. I think I'm going to drop the weights program at the Y. I'll work at home but, right now, I can't get interested in lifting 3 or 4 times a week. I will keep up my swimming and aquajogging tho.

No more time to whine ..... Gotta get back to work.

Oh yea look..... new Smiles:
Old 10-21-2002, 11:00 PM   #9  

Hi guys and thanks for the words. I've had a pretty good day today, far too busy to eat (or over-eat I should say) Maybe that's the trick stay busy and occupied. I went on an outing with my little boy tonight to a farm on the side of a mountain and they had a trail up to a tree maze so as much as I didn't want to do it if felt so good to get the exercise. I need to keep doing more of that kind of stuff. Anyway I guess I should go for now it was really nice to hear from you and hope to again real soon Thanks again for the words.
Old 10-22-2002, 12:52 AM   #10  
Slimwithin

Hi, my friends. I haven't posted here for a while because I've been on different diets. First I went on Atkins and lost a couple of pounds. Then I heard about the Fat Flush Plan, bought the book and tried it for a couple of months. I lost about 8 pounds but it's really, REALLY strict. There's a support group for FFP at ivillage.com that I was going to and lots of the people on the plan are doing really well but I'm afraid I just don't have the will (or the "won't" power to stick it out. There are certain principles that seem to help me that I will continue. One of them is drinking lots of very diluted cranberry juice ...the unsweetened kind. I also will continue to take Oil of Evening Primrose and ground flaxseed as well as flaxseed oil. They seemed to make my complexion nice and moist. Right now I just don't know what to do. I know I have to stay low carb because of my diabetes but lately I've been binging on those mini chocolate bars (bought for Hallowe'en, hehehe). Trying desperately to get off this binge and fighting a miserable cold at the same time.
Anyhow, sorry I haven't been here for a while and then I had to hunt to find you what with your name change and all. Nice to see you all again.
Old 10-22-2002, 06:29 AM   #11  

Linda!!! - How nice to see you again. :-) We live so far out in the woods that no trick-or-treaters will come to us - so I live without my excuse for mini-chocolate-bars. It helps! Where I'm going to have problems is after taking the girls in to town for the Hallowe'en fest and coming home to watch horror movies while weighed down with bags of goodies. I'm thinking that if I cut off my left leg now, I can eat as much as I want and still maintain...

(Just a brief hello this morning - more later, or tomorrow!)
Old 10-22-2002, 01:32 PM   #12  

Hello Ladies,

Figured that I have been lurking long enough so today I thought I would actually post. Looking for some online support and since I have about 100# to loose, I thought I would join in. I am doing weight watchers and doing it at home so I could certainly use the daily support of this online board. I have joined WW before, but because of a changing job schedule and having two kids in college and another at a private high school, I should just save the money and try this by myself. Am looking forward to meeting all you and getting to know you!
Old 10-23-2002, 01:11 PM   #13  

OMG LINDA, HI!!!!!

We've missed you. I almost PM'd you to see how you were but the I decided that you'd come back when you were ready. Any way any of us can help .... you just ask! We're still plugging along. I'm getting over a cold. So far today, for the first time in ages I'm still OP and it's after lunch. I'm shooting for a really good day. It's about time too.

CHATTY: Good to meet you. You're more than welcome here.

JEN: Hi, Don't you dare cut off your leg. It'll make an icky mess and you'll spend your time cleaning up the mess rather than eating the goodies anyway.

Gotta get back to work,
Old 10-23-2002, 05:53 PM   #14  

Hi everyone just want to say a quick hello to everyone. I have to run my youngest daughter to her "Sparks" group. (That's the first step for girl guide for those of you who don't know) I have had a couple of good days I think I was looking at the Journal pages and found this web site "myvirtualmodel.com" that really got me all excited. You can plug in your features and everything and it will show you how you would look at any weight. That has keep me really focused (for now anyways). I have been sooooo busy too which helps. Well the daughter is in the van waiting for me so I guess that's all for now. Take care everyone and until next time.
Old 10-23-2002, 06:43 PM   #15  

Exhauted today. Unexpectedly we spent from 5 am until 5.20 pm on the road - lots of poor food choices, lots of exercise walking the various shopping venues. Now I have to make Hallowe'en costumes - just checking in to say, "hi!"

Closed Thread