Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2002, 03:21 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - Week of October 14, 2002

Good afternoon!

Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends!

Well the weekend went well in terms of keeping my journal up to date and I feel good about that. I've been really slacking in this area for quite a while and this weekend I made a HUGE effort to keep things written down. I feel good about it!

Did everyone have a nice weekend? It's a gorgeous Fall day here today and I took advantage by going out for a nice long walk at noon. Not much else going on; quiet here at work as my boss is out today so I've been doing some catch up work. I managed to clean out some stuff that I've let go.
Old 10-15-2002, 08:10 AM   #2  

Good morning everyone.

I'm back to work after a long weekend and still stuffed from Thanksgiving dinner last nite. That's it - my 12-week challenge starts today. I need to get rid of the 5 lbs that have crept on since late summer, and there's no better incentive than the way I'm feeling this morning.

I did get some exercise on the weekend though - in the form of a 41-kilometre bike ride (about 25 miles). We were expecting something much less than that, so by the end of it, my knees were screaming. It was a beautiful route, through miles of beautiful foliage and along the ocean in several spots. It (almost) made the pain worthwhile.

It sounds like you have control back Melissa. I have my journal out and ready to roll.

How is everyone else?
Old 10-15-2002, 08:44 AM   #3  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

I am finding it more and more of a struggle to keep journaling, but I am forcing myself to do it. What I find is basically I do very well early in the day and then fall apart -- sometimes as early as mid-afternoon, but mainly after dinner.

Seasaw, Melissa why don't you post your journals on the journal thread. It has been sparse there lately, usually just me and Lala.
Old 10-15-2002, 09:04 AM   #4  

Height: 6'0"

Well, I'm back from Chicago. DH ran in the Chicago Marathon. It was so cold there, but an enjoyable trip. Lots of good food, too. Need to get back OP.

Melissa, thanks for the recommendation for Italian Village, what a great place. The food was wonderful and my husband did his carbo load there.

Gotta run--work is crazy.
Old 10-15-2002, 12:18 PM   #5  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

Please everyone journal with myra and I. I will fill out my journal for yesterday. I have been bad.

I've got a 40K travel lovefest from next week until mid-December barring any huge world crises. So I would love to be the same size if not smaller before thanksgiving.

So, not much going on. Its supposed to be 72 degrees here today! I have been doing laundry like mad and hanging it out to get the nice fresh scents in before the fall really hits.

Congrats to your DH Domina!

I hope everyone is doing well. I hope Miss Patch and Laurel surface soon.

lala
Old 10-15-2002, 02:47 PM   #6  

Myra: I encounter the same thing with journaling only it's the weekend that gets me. I've really been trying to make sure as soon as I eat I write and so far it's been working out okay.

Susan: Sounds like you've had a defining moment in feeling yucky after the holiday. You can get rid of that extra 5#'s!!

Domina: I'm so glad you and DH enjoyed the retaurant. I've enjoyed it each time I've been there and the waiter I've had each time has been more than gracious and the food is delicious. I'm planning a trip to Chicago in December for a meeting and adding an extra day to go downtown shopping and visit the Christkindlemarket.

Where is the journal posted?? I'd be game to enter mine each day--heck it would help keep me on track!

Weather here has been cool & crisp. Rain is supposed to move in later on today and cooler temps over the next several days. The leaves haven't even begun to change yet. The kids are leaving on break tonight so the campus will be very quiet for the rest of the week. I have several reports that I need to get updated and off my desk so I should be able to get them done without any interruptions.

Patch/Laurel: Where are you???
Old 10-15-2002, 03:08 PM   #7  
Lifetimer

We post daily journal threads right here under ww lifetimers/maintenance.
Old 10-16-2002, 09:21 AM   #8  

Hi everybody. A crisp morning here and we're expecting some rain later on today.

Myra: I keep an electronic journal on a nifty little WW program that I downloaded onto my Palm. It's always with me, so it should (theoretically) be easier to remain honest. If Patch comes back sometime and gets the challenge going, I'll post my daily points totals there.

Melissa: So, going for your personal goal. You're certainly very close. You have done really well getting below your WW goal and staying there. You're my inspiration.

lala: Your goal is a realistic one, given all the travel you do. I'm not so sure I'd be as successful.

Domina: Welcome back. Glad you had a good trip.

I stayed within points yesterday and got an hour's walk in last nite before dinner. Didn't want to risk a run - my knees were really hurting after the bike-a-thon. I will go out tonight for a short 3K to see how that feels.

DH is flying to Montreal tomorrow to pick up our "new" old car - a 1998 Acura 3.2TL with only 58,000 kilometres (roughly 35,000 miles?). Our bad luck that it's so far away, but he will use frequent flyer points and will stay with relatives while he's there to reduce costs. We're quite excited. Have been looking for about 6 months for the right deal and we'll be happy to have the looking behind us.
Old 10-16-2002, 09:52 AM   #9  
LM

Hi, I'm back. I didn't really go anywhere but to some very negative space within my own little mind. Things are driving me crazy on the looking for work front. Very downhearted about it all. So why am i taking it out on myself and eating poorly, not journalling, etc? because I'm nuts that's why!!!! Sorry about the lack of communication.
Old 10-16-2002, 10:05 AM   #10  

It's good to have you back Laurel. No, you're not nuts, but please remember that you have lots and lots of support right here. We're always ready to listen.....
Old 10-16-2002, 10:17 AM   #11  
Lifetimer

Laurel. Glad that you are OK. Hang in there girl. Things will get better. Let us know how we can help.
Old 10-16-2002, 01:33 PM   #12  

Susan: That's great on the car! It's always a relief to have something behind you. I've been making an extra effort to be honest with my journal and to keep it up even on the weekends (which has been my downfall for a while).

Lala: I heard this really neat saying when I was working at WW on Saturday: You can change your deadline but you can't change your goal.

Laurel: I can totally relate with how you're feeling about work. I experienced something of the same last year when my friend was restructured out of her job. It was a hard rut to get out of and my motivation really suffered. I hope things get better!

Anyway...my journaling really paid off...I was down 2.4# today! I'm only 2# from my personal goal...I can see it and feel it!
Old 10-16-2002, 01:49 PM   #13  
Lifetimer

Great Melissa. You should really be proud.
Old 10-17-2002, 12:23 PM   #14  

Height: 6'0"

Melissa, good job! Journaling helps.

Laurel, I'm so sorry about your job hunt woes. I went through it a year ago. You really start doubting yourself and you become jaded about the world!! Hang in there. The right job is there for you.

Susan, sorry your knees hurt so bad. I hope their better soon.

Beautiful day here today. We had 60's this morning--cool. It was refreshing. I think this cool spell will last for a few days. I plan to go to an Arts and Crafts Fair in Melbourne, Florida. It should be good. I always enjoy those.

I've been too chicken to get on the scale after vacation, but I need to do that.

Old 10-17-2002, 01:09 PM   #15  
si, si signora

hi everyone.

melissa - i like the quote. I have to say as a project manager - we can change the "Deliverables" and we do all the time. However, point well taken.

Congrats on the loss. Whoo hoo.

Domina - sounds like you have some fun planned.

Laurel- thanks for joining us.

Susan- I am drooling at the thought of a newish car. I'm sorry to hear about your knees. Take it easy.

Myra- hiya. I'll journal today. really.

yikes, gotta get going on my demos.

I am whomped. My mom is in town and DP's commuting is starting to really wear all of us down.

lala
Closed Thread