Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2002, 08:50 AM   #1  

Lightbulb I Could Really Use Some Support

I AM SO DOWN!!! i haven't lost any weight in 6 weeks just keep losing and gaining the same 5lbs.. i have tried things to change it every week but so far nothing.... i am so frazzled
and wondering why my body isn;t losing and other people just keep on losing..true i do take alot of meds i have diabetes, high blood pressure, ulcer rated colitis, and suffer from general aniexty plus take insulin too could all this hinder me? but other people on meds lose weight...i have taken great thought to my portions this week and get weighed tonight but my body doesn't feel like i lost anything,, i know that once i do make my goal i will be great on maintenance so any ideas would be appreciated
thanks
Old 09-24-2002, 02:19 PM   #2  

Medication can make it difficult to lose weight. Have you heard of the "Wendie's Plan"
http://pub70.************/flightenup7...opicID=3.topic

It is a way to shake up ypur metabolism by eating within your points range but mixing up days you eat low range and high range.

Read the above link and here are some ideas on how to use your points.
http://pub70.************/flightenup7...opicID=2.topic

I used this when I hit a long plataue and it worked. It requires some extra planning but I feel it was worth it.
Good Luck!
Carole
Old 09-24-2002, 04:13 PM   #3  

i went to the site u mentioned but it wasn't there i have heard of the wendies plan and i will go read about it again and see what i can do thanks for the interest
Old 09-24-2002, 07:11 PM   #4  

Hi,
I don't do WW, but count calories. I have read about the Wendy's plan. Can anyone give me a hint on how to do this with a 1200 diet? I have lost everyweek for 9 weeks, but so slow. I walk everyday and watch the fat. I really think its my metabolism that needs to be shaken up.

Or, how many points on a 1200 diet. Then I can check the Wendy's plan . How many calories in a point?

Thanks
Nancy
Old 09-24-2002, 07:11 PM   #5  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Angry

I'm just going to send you some hugs to help you through this time. Keep close tabs on what you're eating, journal it carefully, and bring your journal to your WW mtg. Your leader should be able to help you if she has something specific in her hands. Good luck! Lots of people are successful on this, no reason why you shouldn't be too!
Old 09-24-2002, 08:34 PM   #6  

THANK YOU, for the encouragement i have brought my journals in to my leader and she said i was chosing the right foods and i should watch my portions so i did that this week and i just got back from my ww meeting and i lost .2lbs oh well i will try harder this week as i am starting to walk again since the weather has changed. i had a knee replacement last summer so walking long distance is not in the cards yet but i will try and go further and further every day...

as for the points question every 50 calories is a point, but it really depends on dietary fiber and total fat grams on a product on the wendies plan i figure that really all she did was to bank her points on certain days and then use them on the day she ate alot
i don't know if i will try that or not
well all keep me on ur list of people who needs hugs and i will let u know how i make out next week
Old 09-25-2002, 11:34 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Think of today as the 1st day you were doing WW. No short-cuts.
Journal & get your water in. Also, lately what I have been doing is to have lemon in a cup of hot water in the morning. Seems to get my system moving and helps if you have tendancy to retain water. I also have a cookie tin filled with 1 & 2 point snacks made up in little snack baggies & this makes it so much easier to just grab something point-friendly. Hope this helps & keep focussed and remember, you are not alone, we are all in the same boat trying to end up in the same place. Good luck.
Old 09-25-2002, 03:13 PM   #8  

thank u for ur concern i was thinking about putting snacks into baggies like today i had kashi cereal, 1/2 banana, 1/2c skim milk and blk coffe then at snack time at work i had a 2pt bar from smart one and for lunch i had zucchini dipped in a batter and sauted only had a few then i had a strawberry whole fruit bar and i have had nothing since and for dinner i am making chicken, spinach, and a sm potato i did drink some green tea this morning and am planning on having some now too to hold me over this is the worst time of the day for me so i came online i hope i am doing the right things thanks for listening
Closed Thread