3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   WW General Forum Meet and Greet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/176636-ww-general-forum-meet-greet.html)

CrittleBug 01-04-2013 05:58 PM

Hi I am 26 years old. I have 1 daughter that's 2 years old and 3 stepkids. I've been battling with my weight ever since I had my daughter 2 1/2 years ago. I was never over weight until I got pregnant and now I can't seem to loose it to get back to the weight I was before I got pregnant. I've tried so many diets in the last 2 1/2 years. Everything from HCG, shakes, pills, and everything in between and nothing seems to work. This is my first time on Weight Watchers and I'm really hoping this is gonna work. I started on January 1st, I figured that was the perfect date for a new start. I'm not going to the meetings or anything I've just looked everything up online and I'm trying to do it by myself because with 4 kids and it being right after Christmas we just really don't have the money to spend on it. Not to mention all the money I've spent in the past on stuff that doesn't work, so I'm just tired of it. I joined this blog hoping to get some support and any advice anyone has to give to help me out so I can loose the most weight and get as much as I can out of this diet. So please if anybody has any advice or info to help me please let me know.

vegangypsy 01-05-2013 09:21 AM

Hi, I'm new to this forum but not to WW, have re-joined for the zillionth time but am determined to drop the weight this time, for good! :) I'm in my late 40's, mother of 3 grown daughters, living with my hubby and our furbabies in the Sunshine State. Nice to "meet" you all!

Jennifer 3FC 01-06-2013 11:28 AM

Welcome to our new members! :welcome:

chickadeee55 01-11-2013 04:40 PM

HI, I am thinking of trying WW, I know nothing about it. About 32 yrs ago I tried it and I remember it worked for me.
Now I am 57, and need make some changes. I have tried South Beach twice, but the changes weren't something I could keep doing forever.
So, is there anyway I can get a sample of what WW's is like? I know there are meetings in the town near me, and I have access to online. So, that is not a problem.
I need real support. Any suggestions.
Thank you.

MandeLea 01-12-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickadeee55 (Post 4586261)
HI, I am thinking of trying WW, I know nothing about it. About 32 yrs ago I tried it and I remember it worked for me.
Now I am 57, and need make some changes. I have tried South Beach twice, but the changes weren't something I could keep doing forever.
So, is there anyway I can get a sample of what WW's is like? I know there are meetings in the town near me, and I have access to online. So, that is not a problem.
I need real support. Any suggestions.
Thank you.

Hey Chick! To keep this thread on subject, I sent you a private message instead to answer your question about what WW is like now. Cheers!

RNJen30 01-18-2013 08:04 AM

Brand new to WW Online

Hey all! :wave:

I'm Jen. I'm 32 years old and a single mom to a 15 year-old daughter, Caileigh. For TOO long I've been spending all my time and energy on her needs (she's in Marching band and plays basketball year round, so I'm ALWAYS on the go!) and eating the crap that she eats (she's got her father's metabolism!) :cheer:

I finally decided it's time for me to step-up and do something for ME for a change, so I joined WW and started with the Points + system. After trying Atkins a few times (it works, but it's TOO strict... I was ALWAYS hungry and having cravings!) I decided I would try WW. :yikes: I've also joined a gym and happen to have my first personal training session tomorrow... scared to death since I've NEVER done any form of work out... ever!!

Hoping some of you can help keep me honest and accountable!! Maybe a bit more motivated too! :grouphug:

straightahead 01-18-2013 09:08 AM

Hi Jen and everyone else! i am a 32-year-old following ww points plus on my own. I have restarted several times but quit....I am hoping to stick with it this time. I lost 3 lbs last week following the plan, so that was encouraging! i do love working out about 5x a week, but my weight does not show it because of bad eating habits. Hope to connect with others motivated for a healthier lifestyle!

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android

Jodilaw1 01-20-2013 01:05 PM

Just jointed WW online

Hi Everyone! My name is Jodi I am 41 years old and decided it was time to change my attitude toward diets and food. I joined WW online today and I know with the online tools and the support here, a healthy lifestyle is attainable.

straightahead 01-20-2013 04:08 PM

Welcome, jodi!

LuvCats 01-20-2013 05:59 PM

Hi everyone. :) Just joined here. My name is Natalie. I live in Oregon. I've been doing WW (online) for about a year now but took more of the year off than on. Just restarted again on the 7th. So far so good. I'm feeling determined to make this a permanent life-style change this time around. I don't want to be this size or in this shape when I hit 50. I'm looking for daily support and I just haven't been finding it on the actual WW forum. It looks like thing are much better on here from what I've seen so far. Looking forward to getting to know everyone. :)

vegangypsy 01-21-2013 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvCats (Post 4598999)
Hi everyone. :) Just joined here. My name is Natalie. I live in Oregon. I've been doing WW (online) for about a year now but took more of the year off than on. Just restarted again on the 7th. So far so good. I'm feeling determined to make this a permanent life-style change this time around. I don't want to be this size or in this shape when I hit 50. I'm looking for daily support and I just haven't been finding it on the actual WW forum. It looks like thing are much better on here from what I've seen so far. Looking forward to getting to know everyone. :)

Hi, Natalie! I found the same thing at the WW forum, not enough going on there for me. Good luck w/WW! :)

Angelic Fruitcake 01-21-2013 10:41 AM

Hi everyone!

I'm Caroline, I'm 35 and I'm a mom to two adorable little boys aged 22 months and 3 months. Every year for the past, oh, 7-8 years I've taken the resolution to lose weight in January and every year I ended the year fatter than I had started it. I can't do this anymore.

I joined WW online a week ago (lost 3,4 lbs in that first week!) and I like the program so far. I also signed up for my first 5k in September so I really need to get in shape! :)

LuvCats 01-23-2013 01:24 PM

Waves to vegangypsy. :)

Welcome Caroline! :) New here also.

We can do this!! :carrot:

Meghan757 01-23-2013 08:01 PM

Chick On A Mission!

Hi everyone! I just discovered this site on Google search. My name is Meghan and I am 29 years young. I live in Virginia Beach, VA and have no kids. I'm single and focusing on my self-confidence and myself for once in my life! I am currently around 315lbs but would love to get down to 200, then 150. I have tried dieting with the Scarsdale diet and various other diets. I read an article in my local newspaper about a woman that dieted with Weight Watchers and went from a size 28 to a 6 and she was in her 40s. It really intrigued me to look into WW since I have recently thought about doing surgery to lose weight. I have a hard time exercising because I stand on my feet all day at work but now I am COMMITTED!! I have to lose this weight to regain my confidence. I have always been overweight. Last time I was probably average size was when I was a toddler LOL! I also look forward to shopping for pretty bras and cheaper clothes! Lane Bryant gets expensive!

Any success stories on Weight Watchers? I'm so excited to go shopping to begin my weight loss journey and meet new friends! :-)

~Meghan :carrot:

RNJen30 01-24-2013 07:14 AM

Welcome Meghan!! :welcome3: Congrats on finally taking the plunge and finally doing something for yourself!! Like you, I'm always so busy taking care of everyone else that I put myself on a back-burner and let myself "simmer" too long!! I live in the DC area of Virginia, went to ODU for college!! Hectic lifestyle up here!! :turkey:

Good luck on your journey!!