3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   WW General Forum Meet and Greet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/176636-ww-general-forum-meet-greet.html)

TheFutureHealthyMOM 03-08-2011 05:10 PM

Hi everyone, my name is Sally and new to 3FC, I started WW again just a week ago. I was successful a few years ago losing slow and steady and just stopped going to the meetings and packed on the weight again. I have tried a lot of different weight loss products, programs and everything out there saying its a quick fix,the last 10 years or so. I know it isn't a quick fix. I didn't gain all of this weight overnight and I know that I will not lose it overnight either. SO i am okay with slow and steady, at least I know it works and I can eat normal food and not feel sooo deprived. I have a long way to go but focusing on the first 10lbs for now. I know i can do this, I am ready! I love to read everyone's posts and ideas it helps me stay on track. It helps to know there are others out there just like me!! I actually joined WW on 2/21, but got sick and then my kids got sick and now my husband is sick, so I havent been back for my week 2 meeting, so this is actually my week 1 and plan to go to my 2nd meeting on Wed, hopefully I have lost some weight...I have been doing good so far this week (it's only Tuesday :))..

Beverly913 03-11-2011 09:50 PM

Introduction from another Weight Watcher

Hello everyone.

Like many, I have tried every diet known to man and WOMAN and Weight Watchers is the easiest to follow. I rejoined about mid January, and I have to admit I have been struggling. That is why I returned to 3FC. I need all the support I can get!

I really have trouble tracking consistently. I start out great, then stop mid week, then I say the heck with it until my next weigh in. As you all can guess, I have not made much progress.

Tuesday is my weigh in day. I have not tracked Wednesday through Friday. I weighed on my home scale which is very close to the WW scale and I am GAINING!

Big surprise, right? I have made up my mind to put that behind me and I am going to start tracking tomorrow. My son and I are going to work out tomorrow.

Do any of you struggle with this issue? I could use your feedback. :?:

sarahsk 03-14-2011 10:07 PM

Hello chicks!

I am a 32 year old teacher...and like a lot of people on this site my weight has always been up and down. I am getting married in June, so I started eating using south beach diet principles in January. I lost 13 pounds, but then hit a plateau.

I joined WW on Saturday and have been tracking points ever since. I am hoping this, along with my workout schedule, will be my ticket to a healthy way of life and a smaller pants size!

Advice is ALWAYS appreciated!!!

MrsDeenz 03-25-2011 12:25 PM

Hi everyone

My name's Dina and this is my second time trying WW. I tried it almost 3 years ago and it was working up until I got pregnant with my first. I joined WW Online last night and I'm doing the P90 workout DVD's (his diet plan was too strict for me). I'm hoping both of these things combined will get me where I want to be with my weight.

Good luck chicks :)

fidget 03-28-2011 03:51 PM

Hello; a old new face!

I'm bacckkk! :) I have been absent for a long time. I'm trying to get my health/weight issues under control and I know 3 fat chicks will be helpful to me once again.

I am 44 years old. I have been married for 8+ wonderful years to my biggest cheerleader and best friend. Between us, we have 4 kids, one grand daughter (whom we're trying to adopt) and another grand daughter on the way. We are also attending foster parent classes so one way or another, there are going to be small children in our home again soon! I have been a yo-yo dieter for nearly all my adult life and am ready to do what needs to be done to make a permanent change. I do not want to pass my unhealhty habits to another generation. Fortunately, my adult daughters have seen my struggle and are both healthy and happy. But they had to work for it and bust up my unhealthy habits that I gave to them. I know it can be done and I know it will be done. It helps so much to know I'm not alone.

What do you guys think of the new WW program? I'll be joining WW but as an "at home" participant. Any input would be appreciated.

Good luck!

seeiteatit 04-05-2011 10:36 AM

All new to me.

Hi, Weight watchers is a whole new ball game for me. After 2 years on a rival healthy eating plan and losing 21lbs, have since gained 12 of them back though I'd give WW a go. After just one week( give it a chance you say) I've enjoyed all the yummy WW branded cakes and biscuits all included in my 29 daily points and have gained 2lbs. I'm thinking of trying Simply filling, but wonder if I need more restriction on portions as I have no will power to stop when I'm full. Saying all this I only have a stone to lose so I do have a little willpower. Be nice to hear from any long term WW'ers who can advise me. I do belong to a group but know the leader will tell me to carry with the propoints and wait and see. xx

Smashley 04-06-2011 09:11 PM

I just stumbled upon this tonight. I realized I have been on here conversing with all of you for months, but have never introduced myself. My name is Ashley and I am a 26 year old woman. I live in Canada with my amazing boyfriend. I work full-time and go to school part-time for Human Resources and Occupational Health and Safety. I have tried unsuccessfully in the past to lose weight. I realized I am doing myself a disservice and living an unfulfilling life as I allow my weight to hold me back from dreams and just being the vibrant self I know I can be. I have started Weight Watchers a month ago today and I am happy to say I am down 10lbs already, with another 40lbs to reach goal. My life has changed, not just on the outside, but the inside as well. I feel confident and proud of myself, knowing that I can do this. I have more energy for my busy and hectic life now too. I used to eat the worst foods imaginable. Now I can't go a day without broccoli, I never thought I would ever say such a thing!!! I find inspiration from all of you and enjoy learning new tips and tricks from all you wonderful people. I am so glad I found this forum, it has been a huge impact in my mentality of the program.

Doodie 04-07-2011 01:00 PM

I think WW is probably the best plan there is. Having said that, I am working another plan right now and am at a point where I think it's time (or almost time) to transition to WW. I've been using the Diet To Go plan, and have dropped 29 lbs. as of today. The drawbacks are the cost & the fact that I have to buy their food. In December 2010 I was at the doctor for a routine visit. With my weight, she told me that she was giving me 3 months to start losing weight, start bringing my glucose & a few liver enzyme levels down to a normal range, and in 3 months if nothing changed, she was putting me on medication for diabetes. The labwork I had on 3/31/11 showed my glucose levels had dropped to 105.

Long story short, WW has worked for me in the past, but I understand the program has been updated. Do you all think it's better -- new & improved -- easier to follow & still lose weight? What are things that have worked for you?

Thanks,

Julie (Doodie)

lostcause 04-13-2011 03:41 PM

Hello everyone I am 46 I am married with 3 children 2 grandkids. This is my 3rd time with weight watchers. I get to the point were I start looking and feeling better and I quit. Hoping to stick with it this time. Maybe this site along with weight watchers I will have more people to hold me accountable.

princess20 04-16-2011 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smashley (Post 3795019)
I just stumbled upon this tonight. I realized I have been on here conversing with all of you for months, but have never introduced myself. My name is Ashley and I am a 26 year old woman. I live in Canada with my amazing boyfriend. I work full-time and go to school part-time for Human Resources and Occupational Health and Safety. I have tried unsuccessfully in the past to lose weight. I realized I am doing myself a disservice and living an unfulfilling life as I allow my weight to hold me back from dreams and just being the vibrant self I know I can be. I have started Weight Watchers a month ago today and I am happy to say I am down 10lbs already, with another 40lbs to reach goal. My life has changed, not just on the outside, but the inside as well. I feel confident and proud of myself, knowing that I can do this. I have more energy for my busy and hectic life now too. I used to eat the worst foods imaginable. Now I can't go a day without broccoli, I never thought I would ever say such a thing!!! I find inspiration from all of you and enjoy learning new tips and tricks from all you wonderful people. I am so glad I found this forum, it has been a huge impact in my mentality of the program.

Hi Ashley, I too live in Canada, I have been off and on W.W. for 3 years. Great to hear you have been successful! Question, are you doing the new points plus? Do you find the 29 points too much, are you loosing at a good rate? Let me know as I got really used to the old program and not sure if I should switch.

arkansasmom 04-16-2011 03:18 PM

De-lurking!
First found 3FC in 2004 when I was successful with South Beach. Decided to join WW (both meetings and etools) in March 2011. Have lost over 13 pounds in 5 weeks and hope to keep going. Thanks for all the tips and support.

lostcause 04-18-2011 03:05 PM

Had my first weigh in today and lost 4 lbs. yeah! Can't wait till next week!

Irishowl 04-19-2011 05:51 PM

Can I join in? I just joined WW online on 4/10/2011 and I've lost 8lbs so far! My name is Shannon, I'm 35 and I've been overweight my whole life. I have osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia and I'm hoping losing weight will help relieve some of my pain.

sportschicke 04-21-2011 02:00 PM

Hey everyone! Newbie here to WW and 3FC. I started WW on 4/11 and so far it has been going well. I've always weighed around 140-150 and wore a size 6-8, but after getting my first job out of college and working non-stop, I made some bad food choices and stopped exercising. Thankfully, I'm getting myself back on track. Upon starting WW I weighed 167, and now I'm at 160. My long-term goal is to weigh 130.
Looking forward to posting on the forums and getting some great advice! :smug:

lostcause 04-21-2011 04:12 PM

welcome Irishowl and sportschicke and good luck.