3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   WW General Forum Meet and Greet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/176636-ww-general-forum-meet-greet.html)

Freudgirl38 06-21-2012 03:28 PM

Hi everyone, my name is Sara and I am 31 years old. I have struggled most of my life with my weight but never let it bother me. About 2 and a half years ago I changed careers and was pushed by my mother to become a Group Exercise Instructor for a class I had enjoyed and taken for a couple years. Never in a million years did I think I would make it through the weekend training, but I did and here I am almost 3 years later with 2 more certifications and I LOVE LOVE LOVE teaching and inspiring others to exercise. But still I am a little too "curvy" for comfort and I know that I need to set and example for the people in my class so I decided to join weight watchers. I got the exercise thing down but I didn't realize how much crap I was eating until starting WW. I started this past Saturday and today is day 5 and I was down 10 pounds ( I am convinced the scale is broken, I didn't think I would lose anythign this fast). I am planning on going to a huge Group Fitness conference in Nov and want to be close to my goal of 145 by then. I look forward to getting inspired on this site.

Sandypants 06-29-2012 12:58 PM

Hi there--
I just joined the site. I lost 35 lbs on WW in 2007 and then have slowly put it back on each year (plus some). I tried to star back up in January but it's June and I haven't been going, or weighing in or following plan or anything --just paying for the monthly pass (!), eating and even gaining MORE. I just saw 178 on my scale this morning, which is a number I've NEVER seen before. Would like to be at 150. (I got down to 137 last time but that was very light for me.)

I'm going to go back to my WW meeting on Monday morning but also would like some online support for when I'm sitting at home working on the computer and thinking about eating too much....

Sandy

stellarwbz 07-30-2012 10:56 PM

Hello, I'm Sara and 24 years old. I have fallen off the bandwagon many times but this time I am staying on track. I currently weight 207 lbs. This is my highest weight. In high school I weighed 202 and after seeing photos of myself I started LA Weight loss and got down to 155 pounds. As soon as I hit goal I went back to not working out and eating junk. Over the course of 4 years I've managed to gain back all the weight and then some. I am tired of being fat, especially since I have an athletic husband who can eat whatever he wants. I don't want to run out of breath after walking up the stairs anymore. I want to be able to wear my cute clothes again without having a roll.
I joined weight watchers today and I am going to stick through it. I want to be able to exercise for more than 3 minutes and feeling like I'm about to die.

Chubbygirl253 07-30-2012 11:36 PM

hi everyone, I'm Laura. I'm 35 and from tacoma, wa. I'm getting married next summer 8-24-13 and I wanna fit into a dress without feeling like it should have Goodyear stamped across the side. I started this diet before I got engaged but there is even more motivation now. If I lose 3 lbs a week from now until then I will be at my goal when I walk down the aisle. I wanna be a sexy bride and start my marriage in a heathier lifestyle.

I've lost 15 lbs so far and I stepped up my workouts last week. I'm so proud of myself and can't wait for all my hard work to show on the scale! I never thought I could work out for 2 or 3 days a day! Especially at my current weight still in the 300's. It isn't pretty and I sweat like a dog but I still push through. I'm actually looking forward to exercise-- tomorrow is water aerobics and Zumba and some strength training. I can do it!

LSJ100 08-22-2012 11:50 AM

Hi Everyone,
I wanted to introduce myself as a new member of this forum. I've done WW in the past but always "fell off the wagon" and so in March of 2012 I did the Ideal Protein diet and lost almost 50 lbs. It is very strict and I decided after having success with it I'd like to come back to WW and reintroduce myself to all foods in moderation and see if I can use the new skills I've learned to make WW work for me. My husband is also very interested in WW and we plan to do it together. I won't be officially starting for a few more weeks as I have to phase-off the Ideal Protein plan, but am already thinking about points and getting recipes together. The Ideal Protien Diet forum on 3 fat chicks was incredibly helpful to me while I was on that diet and I hope to get involved in the WW now for inspiration and support.

purdueheather 09-14-2012 03:11 AM

Hi Everyone! I just started on Weight Watchers this Monday. My work was initiating a Biggest Loser contest and I decided now would be a great time to finally start working on my weight since that has been simmering on the back burner for quite some time. I am hoping to finally take off the weight that I put on during college and in the years after. I used to be extremely athletic, but can't believe how difficult of a time I had when I worked out for only a half an hour the other evening. No putting it off any longer... it is time for a change!

KellinaKatrina 09-24-2012 06:33 PM

Hi new friends :) my name is Kelly, i'm 27 and I live just outside of Nashville, TN. I did WW earlier this year and lost 20 lbs but stopped going when my mom decided she wanted to quit. I lasted a couple of weeks on my own but then gained it back plus. I restarted WW on my own without going to meetings 2 weeks ago and am down almost 10 lbs. I'm hoping these boards will be the kind of support I'm looking for. My sister, who lives with me, tries to be supportive and wants to lose weight as well but then after our portioned out dinner doesn't satisfy her she goes for the sweets that she brings into the house. I've been logging everything I eat and every time I exercise which is better than I was doing in January.

WindyCityChik 09-28-2012 09:17 PM

Hi Everybody! My name is Robin, I'm 56, and I'm a life-long Chicagoan. I joined WW in May 2012. I quit smoking in January, and by May I'd gained a few pounds. Unfortunately, those pounds were on top of lots of other pounds I've needed to lose for a very long time. I'd done WW, successfully, in my 20's, and decided that if it worked then, it would work now. And it has. i've lost 16pounds so far. I'm eating the way I need to eat for the rest of my life, and I'm starting to incorporate regular excercise into my daily routine too.

Looking forward to sharing this journey with new friends!

VeggiequarianChick 10-05-2012 01:23 PM

Hi everyone. I'm Melody. I'm 25 years old and live in Charleston SC but am originally from Australia.

I joined WW 2 years ago (January 2011) at my high weight of 146 lbs and didn't stick with it very long. I rejoined a few weeks ago (Mid September 2012) and am loving it so far. Down 4.6 lbs and feeling great!

Veggiequarian (or Vegequarian it turns is how it's supposed to be spelled) means I eat veggies and fish.. actually all kinds of seafood. I eat eggs too. Pescetarians apparently don't eat eggs. Plus Pescetarian sounds like you eat loads and loads of fish. I only eat Vegetarian so it's annoying whenever someone has you over and always says "I'll make fish!" as theres no need.

My husband isn't very interested in the program (yet!) so it's nice to have some support on here and people to talk to about the WW stuff.

earthmomma 10-10-2012 02:58 PM

My names Brittany, I am 24 years old and have 4 kids(2 stepchildren and 2 of my own) its really hard to stay on track with the kids eating like crazy and I have found that I am a grazer but im hoping it will change this time.

In January 2011 I had lost about 48 pounds and was well on my way to getting thinner and then I got pregnant in February, put on about 15 pounds since then and now im looking to lose it again.It took me abut 5 months to lose 48 pounds and im hoping to lose that by next summer, plenty of time to get it under control but were more about making better choices than losing weight so that I can be healthier for my family

texdoc2001 10-16-2012 08:32 AM

Once More With Feeling!

Familiar story--I've been on every diet in the world over the last 40 years. I do well for up to six months but then can't live with the restrictiveness any more. Last time was five years ago, when I did MRC. I lost over 40 pounds and, of course, have gained almost all of it back. What was most helpful when I was doing that was the 3FatChicks community that developed around MRC--the fellowship was so encouraging! I couldn't live with the restrictiveness of dieting like that, however, over the long haul. So here I am again, tired of being fat and sluggish, ready to bend my will, hopeful that WW will provide a long haul solution. Would love to read a post from someone who's been doing this awhile and has words of hope for us!

mandydawn77 10-17-2012 01:22 PM

Hi all, I'm a 35-year-old mother of two. I work as a transcriptionist for a mental health and substance abuse hospital in Tulsa, OK. I've struggled with weight my entire life. I don't think I've been a normal weight since I was about 5. For a little over a year I've been following the Atkins way of eating and I've lost 73 pounds. But for the past few months I've just been gaining and losing the same few pounds. I decided to start Weight Watchers and see if that will get me past this hump. This is my third day and I still feel weird eating carbs. I'm bad about weighing every morning out of habit, but since starting Weight Watchers two days ago I've already lost 2.4 pounds. I'm hoping that continues. I'm about one pound away from my lowest weigh-in when I was on Atkins. I'm at 265 and my next goal that I set is 250. My daughter has a difficult time with her weight as well and even though she lost with Atkins, she just couldn't stick with it. She is now trying Weight Watchers with me and I'm hoping this will really work for her. It's not nearly as restrictive as Atkins so I think she'll be able to stick with it. The only issue I seem to be having is that my appetite seems to have picked up since I've added in the carbs, especially today. I'm hungry not long after I've eaten. The first two days I didn't quite reach my daily points, but I think today I'll have a harder time with that. It's hard to get used to weighing and measuring, but I really want this to work. I have my low-point snacks on hand in case I need them and lots of veggies and fruit, although I'm trying to make sure I don't overdue it on the fruit. lf anyone has any wisdom to share with me about Weight Watchers I would be glad to hear it. :)

kableguyswife99 10-18-2012 06:02 AM

"Hi" fom Maine

I'm glad to hve found this forum! I'm the mother of 3 teenage/adult children who works a restaurant and has been married to my best frriend for alot of years. I've tried every crazy diet out there and ww many times 2. I am a lifetime member but am currently 30 lbs over goal! I started back at ww last week and lost 6lbs so far & plan to attend every meeting & really work the program cause I know it does work.

texdoc2001 10-18-2012 12:25 PM

Hey, Mandy. This rings a bell for me, this quest we're all on for health and the many ways we've tried to get there. When I read your post, it struck me how much hope and tenacity there is on this page--we don't give up, we just try another way. I'm on my 4th WW day and need to find ways not to be restrictive with it. I like it so far--like the flexibility of it. I just haven't yet figured out how to put a lot of variety into my days. I'll get there, though!

mandydawn77 10-18-2012 04:00 PM

I like the flexibility with WW too, and I really think that will make it easier for my daughter to stick with it. I just hope she starts seeing results fairly quickly so she doesn't give up too soon. Atkins was just too restrictive for her and even though she seen results it was just too hard for her to stick to it. I need to keep healthy and low-point snacks around for her at all times because she has a big appetite. If you guys have any ideas I'd appreciate them :) My biggest hope is that my daughter doesn't live her whole life overweight like I have. I just have to keep her motivated. I'm trying hard to make this as easy for her as possible.