Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2002, 03:32 PM   #1  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Talking Yes!!!....i Finally Did It!!

Hi everyone!!! Yes...you heard right...I finally did it!!! After 9 weeks of weight watchers...(and pondering my existance) I have finally lost 10 lbs....count'em....1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and that last hard one for10!!!! Now I wouldn't normally be posting here...but I'm shouting it at the top of the rooftops!!!

Gosh you know, my expectations were a little higher than that, but at todays meeting there was a client who has lost 97 lbs. When we were discussing her success; she started to relate that it has taken her over 2 years to do this incredible journey. And that rather than get frustrated (as we all do) as she was graphing her losses, she started to notice that she never really had any large amounts. It was always 1 lb, or a bit of a gain or 2 lbs max lost.

And actually, more important was the fact that usually she only lost 2 out of the 4 weeks in a month, sometimes 3 but NEVER EVERY WEEK. So rather than get discouraged...she felt at peace that her body knew what was best, and that slow and steady she would shed the pounds. Isn't that interesting? So here I am, listening to her and could identify EXACTLY TO WHAT SHE WAS SAYING!! I was discussing this very fact just before the meeting started with another client, who in the same time period has lost 16lbs.(her dh has lost 24 lbs) so you see..... WE ARE ALL UNIQUE AND AS INDIVIDUAL AS THE PROGRAM CAN BE!!! I am so glad to have heard her, and I know I will be frustrated from time to time....know that I can do this....and just have to get used to my body knowing what is right. (HA!!...A LIGHTBULB MOMENT, as Oprah would say)
Old 03-23-2002, 06:16 PM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

WOOO HOOOO!!!! SHOUTING WITH YOU!!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!
-L
Old 03-23-2002, 07:07 PM   #3  

Angel-eyes - that is awesome!! Good for you. It sounds like you are doing it the right way. 10 pounds in 9 weeks is just a perfect rate of loss - this way your metabolism won't slow down. I worry about the one who has lost 16 - that almost sounds like too much to me (IMHO). Anyway, congrats again. Keep us posted!
Old 03-25-2002, 11:31 AM   #4  
Life Time 2001

Congratulations! You are doing good!
You should be shouting!
Old 03-25-2002, 02:27 PM   #5  

Congratulations!!!!! You should be bragging about this loss. When I hit 10 pounds I'm going to shout, too. Keep up the good work.
Old 03-26-2002, 09:38 AM   #6  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Talking yup...doing it all

Hi Everyone. Thanks for all the praise and well wishes!!! Yes, yes....I am shouting, and dancing and generally telling anyone who will listen! haha...but its true, its been such a hard struggle to get those 10 lbs lost. Even though I've been following the program and journalling, my body is just doing its own thing and I just have to "go with the flow more" So I am!! Thanks again, and good luck with your programs.
Old 04-10-2002, 08:31 PM   #7  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Angry

Angel-eyes,
That's absolutely fabulous. Shout it from the treetops!
Continued success and good vibes.
219/217.6/lower
Closed Thread