Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 08:04 PM   #91  

Linda-My ticker on here is my weight as it's recorded at my ww meetings (which I started the end of April.) I still keep track of my weight on my home scale, though, and according to that since Sept I've lost 32lbs!!!

Great job at CB! You have had such a successful day!!!
Old 07-20-2007, 06:19 AM   #92  

Paige2, I got it that you were not promoting JC, just trying to explain it all.
Other Paige (boy could this get confusing!), way to go with the 32 pounds! I remember you then and you were so easily discouraged. I used to get fearful that you were getting discouraged and quit, remember how I used to give you pep talks all the time? I know you are doing so well that you don't need that kind of talk all the time! One day, I know, you will be congratulated for reaching goal!
By the way, as you all know, I'm a scaleaholic. I am frustrated that my own scale at home hasn't budged all week this week and I truly have been a very good girl since Tuesday. Usually a few days of being really good will show up on my home scale, but nothing. Bummer. I know, I know... we call can't expect instant results, but moving that scale just a teeny bit would be encouraging right about now.
Today will be an interesting day. I have no idea where lunch will come from. I'm going to a performing arts center in Massachusetts to participate in a costume making day for the youth opera company that my daughter is in. They are producing Mozart's The Magic Flute. Goodness knows what I'll end up doing, but the car is loaded with my sewing machine, fabric, supplies and costumes that I already own that could be used or modified. I kind of look forward to this day as I'll meet new people and I do enjoy sewing. Supposedly, we are supposed to get "take out" food delivered or something. I hope there is a salad choice, but am confident that I can handle whatever comes my way.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:05 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 193/189/158

Height: 5'10

Good Morning everyone,
Wow Paige! Down again! Although I've only been "here" since November, I can distinctly remember times since then that you were more discouraged. Do you think it might be easier right now for you to lose weight because you don't have all the added pressure of your classes going on? 32lbs. down, that's awesome! You should have that on your ticker.... you earned it!

Linda- Way to go at Cracker Barrel! I'm not sure if I would've been able to behave myself as much as you did. It is amazing though, when you go in with a plan, how much that helps.

Well, I can't post that much this AM, we are taking our older two DD's to Six Flags today, a much needed day away from the farm/endless work. I'm psyched that my DH just agreed with me that we should pack a cooler full of healthy stuff, vs. just buying (and spending a fortune) on park food. Another day of journaling in the AM for the day, yeah!!
Old 07-20-2007, 08:49 AM   #94  

Happy Friday all!!!

Erica-No, I don't think that school stress has much to do with my weight loss (or gain, I guess.) I get stressed out with classes, but it's the kind of stress that I like. I LOVE school. I cannot wait for my classes to start back up!!!!
Which Six Flags are you going to? We used to go to Darien Lake when I was younger...I loved it. That is great that your dh agreed to pack a cooler of stuff. Park food is just NOT worth it!!!! Have a great time!!!

Linda-I really, truly believe, too, that one day I will be posting on here that I made my goal, and posting my before and after pics!! I really feel that I have made this a lifestyle change. Not saying that it's not something that I still have to work at everyday, but I know I am NOT going to fall completely off the wagon. I feel excited every day to wake up and meet the challenge of staying op.
It sounds like you have SUCH a fun day ahead of you!!!! I know you will do well and make the best choices for you! Your scale not budging is just one more reason to stay op today, right? You don't want to go off plan and have it budge in the wrong direction!!!!

Paige2-I knew you weren't promoting JC, too. =)

Ann-How is your week going? Have you been able to not eat before bed? I've tried it out the last two nights, and I have woken up feeling fabulous. Surprisingly, it hasn't been that difficult. I really like waking up and having that "thin" feeling.

I'm not really sure what my plans are for today. I was thinking about calling a friend in awhile and seeing if she wanted to get together today (she also has kids.) Feeling like I need to get out of the house!!!!

Does anyone have any exciting plans for the weekend??

Have a fantastic Friday everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-20-2007, 05:57 PM   #95  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Good afternoon everyone. I hope you all had a great day.
Erica, I hope you and DD's have an awesome time at Six flags. Glad you are back.
Hello Paige 2, welcome and I do hope you enjoy this room as much as I do.
Paige 1, I did manage to not eat 2 hours b'efore bed. It is a neat feeling. I was hungry in the morning. Now if I can just keep it up. Paige that is awesome you are down 32 pounds. Way to go.
Linda, it sounds like your day will be great. That is wonderful you are helping to make costumes. Good luck with your eating.
Haylo, how are you. I hope you are enjoying your day.
Erika, enjoy your vacation. How is your running?
Tech, Laura, Ginny, Emma, and Briza, hello and I hope you are all doing well.
I am off to run now. I did manage to get in 19000 steps today. Eating was good today so far.
Take Care everyone and enjoy your weekend.
Ann
Old 07-20-2007, 06:29 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 248/228/160

Hi you guys!
If I didn't have three little ones I am sure I would have more time to post and comment on everybody's posts. I have read them though! And congrats to Paige on being down! GO girl!
I had WI yesterday I got two 5 lb stickers! Yipee... bringing my meeting wi loss to a total of 15 lbs. I am less at home in the morning and keep a seperate chart of my daily weigh-ins and then take the average each week. It's very inspiring to look at each day and see the numbers going down week by week.
I am doing very well, I keep low point snacks handy and again that Latte everyday really gets me through. I sometimes will have two of them if it's the weekend or something...
I also have been kind of doing the wendie plan and have one day a week that I tend to splurge and it is nice as it's something that I have been looking forward to each week. I also found that having WW meals or Lean Cuisine meals in the freezer really helps, thankfully my family is very supportive and my DH will cook himself his own meal. I think he realizes that what's best for me is to not have to cook meals, I find that I don't do well on portion control when I make a meal, I always take too much and I never want to weigh anything, so I do better with the frozen pre sized meals, also I always try to include a veggie with lunch and dinner as a filler before I eat my meal so I eat a little slower and savor it!
Anyway, it's working beautifully and in 6 weeks I've lost 20 lbs. My goal of being 199 by December may come true! IF so, I am rewarding myself with a trip to visit my sister and some friends in Florida in December. And each 10 lb increment i go and get a massage! I had one yesterday, divine, I recommend everybody do it as a reward treat!
Old 07-20-2007, 07:38 PM   #97  

Not much time to read and respond tonight... a very long day for me. It was so HOT... I should have worn shorts to do the sewing thing. Yikes. I should have figured it was in a high school and buildings like that are notorious for being really hot as they generally are closed in the summertime, unless you are crazy enough to be running a summer theater camp there! Oh well. Maybe I lost some excess weight becuase I was so drenched with sweat. Ugh.
I worked on several costumes and it was "interesting" to meet a few of the other parents. I was very disappointed with the role(s) given to my daughter, though. She's (not trying to be a stage mom here, but she truly IS) leading lady quality and she gets to be a "guard" and a "slave", all background stuff. She was saying maybe she'll become "sick" so she won't have to go through with it this evening. I don't blame her, it's a huge time commitment, a long ride from home and she could be doing other things. We'll just see what happens.
There was pizza. Oh well. I only had two slices. I'm OK with that as I counted it and used flex points. The old me would have had three or four slices and would have had the iced tea (with sugar in it) vs. drinking my own bottled water. But, the new me should have asserted herself and taken the time to go out and pick up a salad and say that pizza is not part of her life. I caved, I was working and the entire group ate the same thing and it was paid for by the theater company. Oh well.
Good idea that you packed a cooler with healthy choices, Erica and I hope you have a great time.
Paige, I know we ALL will post that we reached goal at some point! We must stick together and support each other all the way, and then also stick together once we reach goal to stay there. That is SO important.
Hi to everyone else, sorry to not be specific, I'm just plain out of time...
Old 07-20-2007, 08:32 PM   #98  

hello everyone,
well last night was a night out with the girls and it got a little out of control as far as drinking, I went in there saying I was going to limit myself to two drinks (light beer) but people started buying us drinks and that whole idea went out the window. So much for that, but I do have to say I had a blast with my friends so in the end that is what matters.

ann: the wheather here has been awful its been rainy and gloomy but my mom and I made the best of it and went to the mall.

paige2: i didn't get the impression that you were trying to promote, I actually appreciate all your insight that you have given us. I am glad you feel happy with WW. I need to stop giving up on myself and just do this and stick to it . I think this is what this whole thing has been about for me actually I just want an easy way out to lose weight. In the end it's all about control and portion sizes.

derry: sounds like you made a good choice with the pizza as far as counting it and not overeating it, I love pizza that is such a hard thing to control for me I don't know if I would have had your willpower.

momoftwo: congrats on your accomplishments.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:42 AM   #99  

Amomoftow, I'm glad you have done so well in the last 6 weeks by losing 20 pounds. Not trying to lecture you, but eventually you do want to get yourself back to eating "real" food vs. frozen meals. You need (for you and for your entire family) to learn to cook in a healthy way and to control your portions. Keep going to WW meetings and you will learn. I think you need to get your weight down a bit further, perhaps, before you go wild with that, but learning how to do this will aid you in keeping that weigh off.
Think about if you just rely on frozen meals and then when you reach goal. If you go right back to eating the way you did before, then you will put it all back on. I find cooking relaxing. I find planning ahead is an important key. If you plan what dinner will be and only cook enough so that you have that portion control built in, you will do OK.
I was telling Erica about planning ahead and maybe using her crockpot for when things are really busy and the same thing can work well for a mom of three small kids. If you are up in the morning before they are, that is YOUR time, time to get planning. I'd sit with a small notebook (or your tracker in pencil) and write out exactly what you will eat in a day and count the points for it. If you stick with your plan, then you will do quite well.
I always plan supper and my dessert first and then fill in the rest of the day, when I am planning. This way I am not feeling stressed and cheated that I am not having enough food, this leads to panic and cheating for me.
So, for example, DH and I are heading to the lake today, in the afternoon. Breakfast and lunch will be at home, but dinner up there. We talked about eating burgers when were there for dinner. I have 93% lean burgers there and 1 point wheat lite rolls. I'll skip the cheese and have ketchup and pickle. My burgers are not tiny, so the burger with a one point roll will be 5 points. I'll have a salad with it and O+V, so then dinner will be 7 points. I'm going to have 2 points worth of low fat Pringles potato chips with dinner, so now we are up to 9 points. That leaves me 11 points for the rest of my day and I want a 2 point WW dessert too.
So, now we are down to 9 points for breakfast and lunch and maybe a snack. I have pre-determined that I can have 2 or 3 flex points a day, and I plan on earning at least one point with activity today. So, I'm relaxed and I won't be starving.
Breakfast will be oatmeal (nice, warm and filling!) made with my favorite, Hood's Calorie Countdown milk that is one point for one cup! So, a decent sized serving of oatmeal is only 3 points. I have the Splenda brown sugar now and a tiny sprinkle of that is "free". I'll have an apple alongside my oatmeal and I doubt I'll need a snack until lunch, as I'm eating later than usual this morning and I will plan lunch a bit on the early side. Then, a mid afternoon popcorn will probably be all I'll need.
Lunch... hmm... today I think I'll have Lentil Soup, 2 points and I need an extra milk serving, so maybe I'll have cottage cheese or yogurt with it. I have five points for lunch, so I can play with it a little. I'll probably have a 2 point serving of melba toast with it for crunch. I'll add a veggie if I am especially hungry and those are 0 points.
So, that is how the day will be. I have a plan. I feel confident that I will not feel starved and panicked and that I shall have the adequate nutrition I need to support my body and weight loss. The plan is a good one, I can live with it and I shall have enough food. Knowing in advance that I will have enough food keeps me calm, I do not get stressed and I won't have any kind of need to binge. I sometimes think a binge is triggered (for me anyway) at a time when I am just plain hungry and have not planned carefully what I will have throughout the day.
Knowing that I will have a goodly serving of popcorn mid-afternoon really is calming. I can eat it slowly and it's important to relax while I am eating it.
Sitting calmly and relaxing during meals and snacks is a key element as well, grabbing at things and "running" makes you feel as if you've not eaten at all, then you are craving more. Sit, relax.
Haylo, I'm glad you had a good time with friends. I hope you journalled what you had to drink last night and you can move on. Walk an extra mile or two today and you'll be fine.
Also, it was SO hard for me to just stop at two pieces of pizza yesterday, I used to eat 4 or 5 slices at a meal. I love pizza. But, I did it and I was OK. When I got home, I was still hungry and I ate an orange that took awhile to peel and eat (not to mention being messy!) and that made me feel better. I added a big one point pretzel and a cup of tea and I was feeling satisfied then, but not with high point stuff. I journalled everything, I can live with this.
Take care everyone,
Old 07-21-2007, 09:35 AM   #100  

Good morning everyone!!!

Linda-I love the advice you gave momoftwo. I think that is why many of us do fail...maybe we avoid dealing with things that trigger us, so when they do trigger us we don't know what to do and don't know how to get back on track for good? I think you and I are the promoters of daily menu planning... IT WORKS!

momoftwo-Congrats on the great loss! My main goal right now is to get to ONEderland, too. I haven't been there since about 6 years ago. *sigh* It's amazing what marriage and kids will do to ya! I really want to be able to fit back into my wedding dress (although when I said that to dh, he said, "What, are you planning on wearing it again???"...MEN, they just don't get it!)
Do you ever get the Light and Tasty magazines? I get their annual cookbooks (which is the recipes from their magazines all compiled into the book) and they are great. The 2007 book is especially good. Also, you said you didn't like to weigh things out...do you have a digital kitchen scale? It just makes things so much easier, and it is AMAZING the difference between what I THOUGHT a serving was and what an actual one is! As awesome as you are doing, just realize that at some point you are going to have to face your cooking and portion control demons...unless you can see yourself eating Smart Ones and Lean Cuisine the rest of your life!!!

Haylo-What you said is completely right...YOU NEED TO STOP GIVING UP ON YOURSELF!!! Stick with this, you'll get through it and come out on top. I know you can do it!

Anyway, I need to go fix myself some breakfast and get on with the day. I know you will all have a super, successful Saturday!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2007, 10:02 AM   #101  
Donna

Hello All,

Sorry I haven't been around for a while. I haven't been feeling well for the last couple of weeks, plus TOM came for a visit so I had that added in and I haven't been exercising, between my foot and how I was feeling....Anyway I just didn't want to share my negative attitude with everyone so I stayed away. I did go to ww on Tues though and I lost 1.2 of the 3.2 I'd gained the week before But according to my home scale if I don't mess up these next couple of days next week should be a big loss We'll have a new leader, they're merging our ww center with one a few miles away and opening one in-between, so I'll see what she's like I may start going on Sat. mornings where my old leader still is.

Anyway I've read all the posts but can't keep all my thoughts straight but here are a few things that stuck:

On the note of self sabotage, I am the queen of this. I think the gain a couple of weeks ago was due to my getting so close to my 30# star. Every time I approach a milestone I seem to eat out of control and back off. This is something I'm going to need to watch more closely.

On daily meal planning, this is definitely a key ingredient. I can't believe they don't listen at your meeting Paige, as one of my leaders said (can't remember which one) "Failing to plan is planning to fail", this is true whether its one event, one day, or one week. I usually make a list of dinners for a week, and then make sure I have everything on that list, then we pick from the list what we want to eat each night, it has helped a lot in not just giving in and going out. Each day after we've picked the dinner and taken it out of the freezer I plan the rest of my day. Sometimes I don't always stick to it but it still helps.

Ann - 19000 steps

Paige2 and Cathy - Welcome.

Emma and Briza - Good luck working things out.

I've gotta go. We've got a big family picnic out at my cousins this afternoon and I want to get a ride in before we go, plus I need to make a dessert. So I've gotta get going.

Have a great day everyone.

-Tech
Old 07-21-2007, 02:10 PM   #102  
Fighting Piano Butt!

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi all ... Just a quick post ... we leave here in a couple of hours for Pearson airport. This morning I had a big breakfast at a diner ... but managed to keep it to 11 points and I'm not hungry for lunch ... I'll just have a snack before dinner. Running is going well ... I finished week 3!! I'm excited now to meet the challenge of eating well on vacation. Anyway, I will be following the thread and hopefully I'll have time to post some personals this week but I just wanted to say that I'm so impressed with all of you doing so well with living healthy and giving each other support. WTG!!
cheers
Erika
ETA: Wow Linda, The Magic Flute is one of my fave operas of all time. I wish I could be involved in the production too! Have fun!!
Old 07-21-2007, 02:39 PM   #103  

Well I went to WI today and had a gain of 1 pound, as I sat trying to figure out why I realized that I didn't get out of the house very much this past was and was pretty inactive just lying around, and of course my night out. So today I am starting new, again and I am going to work out. I had an unplanned lunch but I am going to go work it off, it actually wasn't to bad just I had a regular coke instead of a diet one, I didn't drink very much of it though and it was in a 12 oz bottole and I already know what I am having for dinner so when I am done posting here I am going to sit down and calculate everyting. Tomorrow I am leaving for Kenutcky and my mom and I have already talked about watching what we eat when we get up there.

derry: You always manage to say things to get me motivated to do things right. After reading your post, I think I am going to get myself a journal like you suggested b/c even though I have trackers and I use the online stuff I think if I write things down and keep it together in a journal it will kind of keep me more liable to stuff. Sometimes with the online thing I just say oh I will get on line and type everything in later and then before you know it, the day is gone and I haven't appropriatly counted my points.

paige: you reminded me that I want a digital kitchen scale I keep seeing that one at the WW meetings and think I might in verst in that one when I come back from my trip. Thanks for the motivation.

tech: thanks for stopping by, I really like that quote that your leader said it makes sense.

eusebius: Have fun on your vacation!!!
Old 07-21-2007, 03:17 PM   #104  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Good afternoon everyone.
It is nice to see so many posts. My day is going well. I have walked 6,543 steps so far. I have run 5 k and I am just relaxing, I think I will convince my family to walk with me after supper. Eating is going well.
Erika, have a wonderful trip and do stop in, I enjoy reading your posts.
Haylo, you so deserve to be good to yourself. You are very supportive to all of us here. You know what to do and I know you can do it. I hope your work out went well. I find that when I am running or exercising, I don't always want to do it but once I am done I feel good.
What is your plan for dinner?
Hi Paige, you are doing awesome. It is such a lifestyle change for you. What a great role model you are for your dd's.
Linda, have a wonderful time at the lake and enjoy your dinner.
Tech, you should still post even if it is a negative post as there are so many of us here, that maybe one of us can help you through. I enjoy reading your posts.
Amom of three, thanks for sharing. I know at the beginning of my journey I didnt' know what portion control meant for me. Once I lost a bit then it became easier. Now I don't have to finish everything on my plate when I am out. You are doing awesome, congratulations.
Briza, and Emma, how are you both doing. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Erica, how was your day? Did you have fun?
Welcome Cathy,
Laura, where are you, how are you doing.
Ginny, hello, what is new with you?
Hello Paige 2, how is your day going.
Sorry if I missed anyone, I hope you are all doing well and have a great Saturday.
Take Care
Ann

Last edited by Newlifestyle; 07-21-2007 at 03:24 PM.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:34 PM   #105  

Tech-I LOVE that saying, "Failing to plan is planning to fail!" I am going to add it to my signature.
Closed Thread