Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 10:33 PM   #1  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Default I thought I blew it.....

Today was one of those days. I wasn't particularly hungry, I ate the same breakfast as usual and one of my "normal" lunches. All was well. I still had 19 points left to play with at dinner, and since it's Wednesday (busy night for us) I was figuring on stopping to get a couple pizzas to bring home for dinner. No problem. The problem comes in before that.....

I got home from work at about 3:30, and was feeling the munchies, so I had an apple with a tablespoon of reduced fat peanut butter. YUM! Still had 16 points left...more than enough. Then DS came home and threw a frozen pizza in the oven to tie him over until our 8-8:30 p.m. dinner. I was doing fine, not hungry at all! Did that stop me? NOPE! I had a piece of his pizza anyway. What's up with that? I wasn't even hungry! Fast forward about an hour and I had to leave to pick up DD and transport her to dance. She had left a bag of low fat butter cookies in my car this morning when I dropped her at school. I SWEAR they were callin my name! I ate the whole stinking ziplock bag of them!!!! Again, not hungry, but wanted them badly enough to eat them. Crap....down to 8 points for dinner....looks like I'll have to WATCH them eat pizza while I fill up on just the salad we were going to have along side it. Fast forward another 2 hours and DH calls my cell phone and tells me not to pick up pizza, he's cooking dinner. I stressed that he really needed to make sure he made a salad to go with whatever he fixed.

Bless his heart, I got home and he tried a "new" recipe that he got from one of his co-workers....Taco Soup. It looked lean and healthy, so I had a cup of it along side my salad, then hopped on the computer to use the recipe builder. Much to my surprise, the soup was only 3 points per cup!!! Add a point for the salad dressing, and I still have 4 points left for the day!

Here I was, sulking for doing this to myself and trying to figure out how it happened as I haven't done any mindless eating like that in about 8 months, and all is well. I guess this really is a lifestyle change. I was sure I blew it and would really have to put in a heavy workout tonight to help balance it out a little bit, but I'm fine, points to spare!

Thanks for listening to me ramble, I think I just needed to talk about it for a few minutes!
Old 04-25-2007, 11:51 PM   #2  
Dieting Diva

I know I am not WW- but I did the same thing.I figured my meals for tonight- and went to workout. DD21 calls me from work and says "Mom it's an Estate Sale Preview-you can go !"
So I pile my kids in the Explorer.No one has had a snack.We wait forever for DD21's BF to come home from work. We get to the house, but the sale isn't even ready. I think we spent an hour looking at boxes and made off with a really nice Mongoose Mountain bike for 25.00 for DS13.
As we were taking the bike down to put in the SUV- DD21 says "Hey-What about Crackerbarrel ?"
It's getting dark- why sure the kids are about ready to chew the tires off the car anyway. It's not far from the estate sale.
and then I see the menu- I remember that Crackerbarrel is one of those places that doesn't offer nutritional statements. It does offer everything with cornbread and biscuts. I felt like a bat with no sonar. I chose the lemon pepper fish, turnip greens, green beans and a salad.
The green beans were probably made with ham or bacon fat. I knew that I was probably safe with them despite the seasoning.The turnip greens had ham in them. I just ate one bite of them. The fish was ok.
No. I did not eat cornbread or biscuts.
I finally got home and got my kids to bed.
When I just sat down and looked at the calories and I am still 200 under my limit.My choices were reasonable- I just totally felt " mindless" as you described. I understand where you are at !
But even if your points were up a bit and my calories were off- Tommorrow is another day !
Old 04-26-2007, 08:23 AM   #3  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Sirak, that's exactly what I'm talking about. You were flying totally blind (I know Cracker Barrel won't disclose any info AT ALL) but yet you made choices that worked with your lifestyle. A year ago I would've said "who cares???" But as I said in my earlier post, the lifestyle has taken hold. Even on a day like I've never had before, I came out ok. Maybe not the best choices in the world, but still workable! Congratulations to you for staying within your calorie range at CB....that's a hard one!

Oh, and I love the ages behind your kiddos....DD21, etc. Makes it so easy to see exactly what you're talking about....I may start doing that, too!
Old 05-01-2007, 04:46 PM   #4  
Soon2BFit

S/C/G: 246.2/See Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

WTG, Kelly!!!
Old 05-02-2007, 11:27 PM   #5  
Saavy?

S/C/G: 167/158/125

Height: 5'0"

That is wonderful! I know how discouraging it can be. I had that similar sense of floundering at a fund raising auction, with a "Foods of the World" buffet!

I tried my best, and when I did the points later that night, I still had 2 left for a little treat!

It is such a relief.

The one thing that keeps me going is those flex points. It's like a lifevest. If you go overboard, you can still float!
Closed Thread