Old 01-10-2007, 12:10 PM   #16  

Looks like I'll have to play around with it some more later

Last edited by McHoney; 01-10-2007 at 08:55 PM.
McHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:13 PM   #17  

Height: 6'0"

I'm trying to put in the tracker.
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:20 AM   #18  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!

I went to my WW meeting yesterday at noon and was up .4 at WI.

My starting weight for the challenge: 145.4
My goal for February 14: 140.4

I did go home after the meeting yesterday and slept off and on most of the afternoon. My sore throat has pretty much gone away--now my head just feels stuffy. The changes in temp are not helping. It's sunny this morning and we're supposed to get up into the mid 40's. I'm planning on getting out at noon and walking.

I did not have a good eating day yesterday but that's behind me now--today begins a new day and new resolve along with the challenge.
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:35 AM   #19  

"Date" last nite was probably worst one yet. While better in the physical sense (tall, not too badly overweight), he was mainly interested in himself. Not much room there for me. Sigh....onward.

I ate much too late last nite but otherwise did okay on the eating front. Need to establish more of a schedule, which has been hard since I've been single. Am going to the grocery store after work to get stocked up on healthy stuff.

Great to have company on this (seemingly never-ending) journey. I love all the different weight trackers. Look forward to seeing next week's weigh-in results.

Goal for today: three meals and water.

Susan
Seasaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:35 AM   #20  

Melissa, we're all in this together.

I had my second OP day; it gets easier as I go. I turned down some good-looking cheesecake last night at a dinner meeting for my professional group.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:04 PM   #21  

A little story. I went with a GF to Applebee's figuring I'd have a great WW points lunch. She liked the WW menu, too, so we ordered the same thing: chicken with portobello sandwich on whole wheat. Well, our meals arrive; my friend had a whole wheat bun and I didn't. I asked the server and she went to the kitchen. They were out of whole wheat! I told her in a nice way that those of us in WW need to have what it says. Well, I scraped my sandwich innards off the bun and ate that. My GF said the whole wheat bun was great.

Later the manager came by and asked about our lunches. I told her the issue and she comped my meal. She added that the server should have told me about the substitution. I told her that it wasn't the server's fault as the kitchen didn't tell her. Then the manager said that she, herself, was joining WW tonight. I wished her luck.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:06 PM   #22  

Great story Lisa. I'm glad you spoke up; lots of people wouldn't have said anything.

Susan
Seasaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 02:00 PM   #23  

Height: 5'7"

Lisa: Good for you for speaking up! There's nothing worse than when you're expecting one thing and get another. I'm sure they didn't "think" it would be a big deal to substitute the roll but it would definitely change the points value.

I went to the drug store last night and got something from behind the counter (signed my life away in the process) and it seems to be helping. My head isn't as "stuffed" and I can actually breathe! I'm not crazy about taking OTC but as long as it's helping that's all that matters.

I had a good day yesterday with eating and I'm telling myself that I need to get in my 8 guidelines and IF I have room for anything else then I can have it but only if I've gotten my milk, etc. in for the day.

My appetite is a little off with not feeling well but sometimes it can have the opposite effect that I'm not satisfied so I keep searching for something, does that make sense?

I'm looking forward to the long weekend and hopefully getting a little rest. The temps have risen and today it's 50...by Tuesday it's supposed to be a high of 20 and snow...
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 04:25 PM   #24  

Melissa, I hope you got something that will give you relief. I know exactly what you're talking about with not feeling well, yet you're searching for probably comfort food.

Oooh, you're getting some cold weather. It will be around 80 here tomorrow. Then on Tuesday it's supposed to be cooler.

I have a show tonight--singing. Tomorrow I'm taking a Pilates class and then at night I'm going to a play that many of my friends are in.

Hope everyone has a nice OP weekend. Let's all stay challenged!!
Old 01-13-2007, 02:28 PM   #25  

Hi everyone! I hit lifetime in two weeks so I'm hoping to join you here very soon!
karynlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 09:22 AM   #26  

to Karynlee! Your stats look great. Congratulations. You'll find that we are all on this Lifetime journey and we have our struggles, and lots of support not only through weightloss, but also through life events.