Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 07:55 PM   #1  
nicvic6

S/C/G: 174/174/140

Height: 5'0"

Default New to WW

I need help! I am new, and I am in desperate need of some friends that will motivate and challenge me. I need "virtual" cheerleaders, as my family and friends have not proven to be helpful. I am currently 50 lbs overweight (so they say). I will be happy to lose 30. I am ready for my first mini goal of 5 lbs.

Any friends, inspiration, guidance to great boards is welcome!

Thanks in advance and let's hear for an awesome 2007!!!

Old 01-02-2007, 09:29 PM   #2  
Constantly Tweaking

S/C/G: 172/159/130

Height: 5'2" (give or take)

Hi Nikki! I'm am new here too; I just joined a few days ago. You and I look to be in the same boat weight loss wise and I'd be happy to be buddies if you'd like. My first mini goal is also 5 lbs off by 2/1/07. Want to try this together? I just started a log at Fitday and am happy to say that I stuck to under 1500 calories total today. I also walked for 2.5 miles on the treadmill (43 minutes). Let me know what you're doing, what you find works, etc. I'd be thrilled to be down 30lbs. by bathing suit time (bathing suit -- what the heck is THAT?? Haven't owned/worn/looked at one in EONS!!)

Jo
Old 01-02-2007, 11:05 PM   #3  
Alexandra

S/C/G: 203/203/160

Height: 5'10"

Default Need encouragment... :S

Hello you too. I just joined 10 minutes ago and will be starting my WW journey on Friday. I would ove to stay in touch with you guys through this journey! My mini goal is also 5lbs to start with! My goal is to lose 40lbs, but at this point I'm willing to do baby steps to get to my goal. Let me know if one, or both of you would love to lose weight together?
Old 01-02-2007, 11:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/180/145

Height: 5'4"

im am also new here - i joined this morning. Im in the same situation as you guys - i need 'cheerleaders' to help me along. I used to do Weight Watchers and lost 69 pounds in 11 months and moved across the country to the dreariest state in the US and gained 31 of it back. i am currently 185 but would like to get down to 145 by the end of the year. I know its possible. I workout and cook tons of stuff from weight watchers and change any recipe possible to be weight watcher friendly. my problem is i just lost my will power. Look forward to seeing everyones success stories on here as we lose the weight.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:14 AM   #5  
nicvic6

Default Yeah!!

That sounds great! I woke up this morning at 4:30 and went to the gym. I worked out from 5:15-6:15. I just did the treadmill, have to ease my way in...

I just ate some Cream of Wheat Strawberries and Cream (3 pts) and am enjoying my coffee with half the flavored creamer that I use. I am going to try to wean myself off of it, since I know that point or two can be used somewhere else... The coffee stays though. I tried to do that, and ended up shaking and throwing up after one day. Who knew I was so hooked on caffeine?

Today should be interesting. It is a teacher work day, so that means lunch out. I am making sloppy joes in the crockpot for dinner, so I need to be reasonable at lunch. We shall see....

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-03-2007, 09:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 206/188/150

Height: 5'1

Default New Chick

Hi
I am new here too and need help sticking to my diet and walking every day I started on Dec 29th 2006 and doing good so far I am looking foward from hearing from others to help me keep on track
I wish you all good luck on your weight loss and keep up the good work

Dusty

Last edited by Dusty4800; 01-03-2007 at 09:25 AM.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:28 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 206/188/150

Height: 5'1

Old 01-03-2007, 10:00 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 172/162/140

Height: 5'4

I too am new, just joined and this is my first post! I am from Houston and I need to lose about 30 lbs at least. I got pregnant 2 years ago and have not taken off the weight, I put more on! What a dreadful excuse, but thats my story! Now I just turned 40 years old and it's time to get on the ball and get fit again! I want to count points doing WW, and also walk on my treadmill. Our stats all seem to match somewhat, so maybe together we can cheer each other down some pounds. Do ya'll want to join forces in another thread?

KC
Old 01-03-2007, 11:03 AM   #9  
Constantly Tweaking

Hi Nicvic6, Alexandra79, sk8rbug, Dusty and KC!!!

I'm so glad to have some buddies to knock this weight off with! Seems like we're all looking to lose in the 40lb. range or so. This is SO doable, I know we can do it with each others support.

I had to work this a.m. but am off to walk to the dog then do some treadmill. I did good yesterday w/the food thing although was hungry and had trouble getting and staying asleep last night. The FitDay log is a great little tool. It keeps track of daily and total food, exercise, etc. and has really cool reports so you can check your progress. I also signed on for the January walking challenge in the exercise forum on this site. I'm shooting for 50 miles walked by the end of January.

Am off to walk my pooch. I came home from work and she had the "guilty" look -- turns out she found a Christmas stocking that had some Hershey kisses in it and ate a hole through the bottom of the stocking and ate most of the kisses. Now we BOTH need a walk!!

Jo
Old 01-03-2007, 01:07 PM   #10  
Alexandra

S/C/G: 203/203/160

Height: 5'10"

Hello Everyone!!!!

Wow, so great to have so much support in all of this! I think this is out thread girls! Lets keep it going! I had a good day so far. I'm a big breakfast person because I'm a Nursing student and I often don't have time to eat at a
"normal" lunch time. I have oatmeal with wheat germ (for fibre), with peanut butter and a banana. It's 6 points and keeps you feeling full for hours! Anyone who wants the recipe, let me know, ok?
Nikki, if you feel hungry before you go to bed, load up on your vegetables that have 0 points, like peppers, cucumbers, celery, etc. I buy a whole bunch of it, cut them up and store them in my fridge. That way, when I'm craving foods and I don't have any points left, I just eat veggies.

Anyways ladies, have a wonderful day! I'm off for a walk in the park with my dog.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:38 PM   #11  
Constantly Tweaking

Walked the dog for 1.5 miles then did 2.5 miles on the treadmill for a total of 4.0 miles today. Alexandra, I'd love the oatmeal receipe. I LOVE peanut butter on bananas (just a little, like a teaspoon). Whenever I eat oatmeal I end up getting shakey and hungry like it's just not sticking. Let me know your secret. And yes, let's keep this thread going!

Jo
Old 01-03-2007, 07:38 PM   #12  
nicvic6

Yes, please post the oatmeal recipe...sounds yummy! I need some good rib sticking food. Otherwise, I start snacking and it is all over! I am such a mindless snacker!
Old 01-03-2007, 10:22 PM   #13  
Constantly Tweaking

Hey, do you all want to do a weekly weigh-in? Since we all just started this week, maybe next Monday or Tuesday might work; then weigh-in that day each week. What do you think?

Jo
Old 01-03-2007, 11:36 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 155/150/120

Height: 5'3"

Default You go Girl!!

Me 2 i just joined in this morning. Going to be tough going. I have been over weight for years, no matter what I did, it just never seemed to work. My biggest downfalls are Pasta and Wine. ie...the good things in life...Well, here's wishing you the best with your goals and I hope you achieve them.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:42 AM   #15  
nicvic6

I think the weekly weigh in is a good idea. However...NOT MONDAYS
Closed Thread