Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 11:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225.5/219.5/135

Height: 5ft 1in

Default Pleas....Just need some advice

Hello, my name is Chris, I start with a personal trainer on Jan 2nd. I am not sure what to do WW or count calories. I cant afford the trainer and WW so I will have to use my old books and points counter it is about 4yrs old. Is that ok? My brain is mush I just want to choose the best thing for the long haul, I have alot to loose this time, and not just in weight but in faith in myself. Start date is getting close so I am starting to freak out. I stoped smoking and drinking to prepare for this. Ok I am starting to ramble. Thanks for listening.....Chris
Old 12-29-2006, 11:38 AM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Well only you can make the decision on counting calories or W/W. W/W has changed a bit but if the old program worked for you it should still work.

Could you afford doing W/W online to get all the new stuff along with your trainer? It is about the cost of 1 meeting per month -- maybe a bit more. Right now they are doing a 7 day free trial (you still need a credit or debit card to sign up and make sure if you dont' want to be charged to canx before the 7 days are up). Or how about ordering the 'at home' version for a 1 time fee (I think they still are offering a flex pay on it). I think the changes are a very valuable tool and will make weight loss better aka more consistent aka whatever you want to call it.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:51 PM   #3  

Thanks I think I will go with the WW I dont have time for all the counting of calories with wk and kids and home stuff. Maybe I will try to go to a couple of meeting just to get some info....can't do the online then my husband will know cause of the credit card. And that is just more money and more fussin from him...Thanks again. Chris
Old 12-29-2006, 01:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/206/150

Height: 5' 4"

What ever works best for you is the best idea. Something that you can keep with and understand. Good luck to you.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:04 AM   #5  
Maintaining for 3+ years!

S/C/G: 180/157/148

Height: 5'8"

Sillymom, I have found that the actual "diet" part of WW is only part of it; the meetings are a tremendous help to me; I've barely missed a couple in nearly 4years.

What you eat accounts for 80% of the reason you lose/gain weight; exercise (though undoubtedly great for other reasons) at best accounts for 20%.

Which would you rather concentrate on?

Also, if time and money are limited, will you honestly stick with a regimented excercise program, or would you do better with something very realistic at first, like walking 15 minutes a day and increasing that over time?

Ellencrn: heartfelt thanks to your family and your son for your great sacrifice.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:10 AM   #6  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

WW is offering free registration right now, just pay the meeting fee. You may want to give it a shot and work out/walk/or use an exercise video for awhile till you decide which way to spend the $!
Old 12-31-2006, 01:13 PM   #7  

I am going to with the ww at home. I just really need this personal trainer right now. My worst fear is that I will lose weight and end up with a body that is way out of shape. I have the points manager, I know there are a few different types do they all calculate the points the same? I also read the wendy plan that sounds great. Moving your points around so your weight loss doesn't stall .......Thanks Chris

HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR
Old 01-01-2007, 12:17 PM   #8  
banned

good luck chris!! i wish i could afford a trainer!

did you get my message about the free ww pasds and printing the food list?
Old 01-01-2007, 12:28 PM   #9  

I have it through my work and work is paying 1\2 . This is like a once in a life time thing I couldn't do it unless work was paying 1/2. Thats kinda why it's all or nothing for me this time.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:20 AM   #10  
Birth Junkie!

I just started doing WW from home and i am using the same materials that i used about 6 years ago when i was a member. I think it will work just fine. I am also doing the Wendie Plan, so we will see! i've heard good things about it.

as for a support group, have you considered TOPS? (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) They are a support group, and while they recommend the exchange diet, you basically are free to do whatever diet you want. They have a confidential weigh in, and their meetings consist of a different "program" every week...probably a lot like WW "classes". usually we talk a lot about nutrition, exercise, diet tips, etc...just depends on the chapter. anyway, they have a yearly registration fee of about $24, and monthly dues of about $2.00. (My chapter is $2.00 a month, other chapters vary, but they are never more than $5.00 a month) i love my TOPS group! we have a door prize every week, certificates of recognition for weight loss, contests, etc. it is a lot of fun and a lot of positive support. you should check it out! Go to tops.org for more info.

good luck!
Old 01-03-2007, 11:34 AM   #11  
banned

hi chris! whats up? thats awesome that work is paying 1/2!

good luck double. im home too but i bought the hme kit.
Closed Thread