Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 05:03 PM   #1  

Question Question for those following the online program

I've previously attended meetings and done the at home kit. This morning I signed up for the online program. When I started browsing through the point values I noticed there weren't any points listed for quite a few restaurants. Wendy's, Subway, and Chili's to name a few. Are those not listed this year? I don't see how I could continue with the online version if I can't get access to the few restaurants we have here in rural Alaska. Does anyone else not have points listed for these? I'm thinking I should cancel and just order the books and do it at home myself. Thanks for your help!
Old 01-02-2007, 05:07 PM   #2  

You might want to check that they are in the new books, WW can only provide information if the restaurants give it to them. But you can access nutrional information for just about any chain or brand by looking on that restaurant's home page, from there you can calculate the points.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:49 PM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

all those are available online!!! It is under Points Tracker and then go to Find and Explore.

BTW I will let you in a clue W/W stuff may not be correct! LOL! I know that sounds odd but restaurants regularly change recipes or amounts and the best place to look for their info is on their website...

then look towards Calorie King or Diet Facts

then look towards W/W

then look towards independently maintain sites such as here, Health Discovery or Dotti's.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:22 AM   #4  

That's what I did, I went to find and explore, then clicked on restaurants. Wendy's, Subway, Blimpie's, Bruegger's Bagels, D'Angelo Sandwich Shops, Dairy Queen, Golden Corral Buffet & Grill, Lo Fat Know Fat Hi Protein Grille & Cafe, Max & Erma's, Robek's Fruit Smoothies & Healthy Eats, Ryan's Family Steakhouse, Tim Hortons, and Chili's all had zero food listings when I clicked on them. That's a lot of restaurants that are missing. Is anyone else having this problem???
Old 01-03-2007, 11:23 AM   #5  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon76 View Post
That's what I did, I went to find and explore, then clicked on restaurants. Wendy's, Subway, Blimpie's, Bruegger's Bagels, D'Angelo Sandwich Shops, Dairy Queen, Golden Corral Buffet & Grill, Lo Fat Know Fat Hi Protein Grille & Cafe, Max & Erma's, Robek's Fruit Smoothies & Healthy Eats, Ryan's Family Steakhouse, Tim Hortons, and Chili's all had zero food listings when I clicked on them. That's a lot of restaurants that are missing. Is anyone else having this problem???
Wendy's is there,
Subway is there,
Blimpe is there,
Bruegger's is there,
Dairy Queen is there,
Tim Hortons is there,
and
Chili's is there.

I am not sure what you are looking at or doing but when I search each of them has between 15-40 entries.

D'Angelo Sandwich Shops is not there - http://www.dangelos.com/nutrition.html

Golden Corral Buffet & Grill is not there - http://www.goldencorral.net/menu/hot.asp

Lo Fat Know Fat Hi Protein Grille & Cafe (not sure I ever saw this one in any of the books or databases) I can't find any listed nutritional information anywhere so W/W would have never had this unless they specifically made an agreement to provided it to W/W,

Max & Erma's is not there - http://www.maxandermas.com/pdf/Nutrition206-R3.pdf

Robek's Fruit Smoothies & Healthy Eats (not ever sure I saw this one in any of the books or databases) - http://www.robeks.com/InsideRobeks/I...sp?PT=I&PID=23

Ryan's Family Steakhouse (not sure I ever saw this one in any of the books or databases) I cannot find a specific site for this place but I found this but do not know if it is the same - http://www.ryansrg.com/nutrition/
Old 01-03-2007, 11:26 AM   #6  
Cowboy Up Chick

Also there is more to W/W then just what is listed on the website. I showed you how easy it was find websites with nutritional information and then just use your Points Calculator to figure the points.

also I pointed you with some very good information in my original post to find nutritional information to help you with your weight loss journey.

the best place to look for their info is on their website...

then look towards Calorie King or Diet Facts

then look towards W/W

then look towards independently maintain sites such as here, Health Discovery or Dotti's.

Are you thinking that you can only list foods that are in the W/W database? You can add manually in your tracker.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:31 AM   #7  
Cowboy Up Chick

I think I figured out what you are doing. It seems the links aren't working from under the RESTAURANTS. Just use the search bar and search for the reastaurant name.

Then shoot off an e-mail (I am doing the same) to tech support and let them know that part of the Points Tracker isn't working properly.

But all the restaurants that I said are listed are there......the ones I provided you with links aren't listed and probably never were.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:38 AM   #8  
Cowboy Up Chick

I just sent this off to tech support and posted it in the tech support forum at W/W:

"While trying to assist another member who is having trouble finding restaurants listed in the database. We have figured out that many of the restaurant listings are not being directed properly from the Find&Explore Restaurant Section.

I can say that Chili's and Wendy's are 2 for sure (I've checked them myself) but they are there if you do a manual search for the Restaurant.

Can we get this fixed?"
Old 01-03-2007, 12:09 PM   #9  
Cowboy Up Chick

I just got this response back from W/W Customer Service on your issue in the Tech Support Forum:

posted on 1/3/2007 at 11:41:51 AM

"Thanks for the heads up. We will look into this immediately with the aim to get it fixed as quickly as possible.

Best wishes,
Customer Service"
Old 01-03-2007, 03:11 PM   #10  

Thanks for all your help Kelly! I really appreciate it!! Although I'm still not able to get points for any of the restaurants I listed by clicking on the restaurant link. I don't want to come off as rude or offensive because I really do appreciate your help, but I am paying WW all this money to make it "easier" for me. I shouldn't have to go to a bunch of other sites and calculate things myself. I'm hoping they get the problem fixed soon because I was really looking forward to joining online!! Thanks again Kelly!
Old 01-03-2007, 03:26 PM   #11  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

You can also access the 3fc databases:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/Food/Fast_Food_Nutrition/
Just click on the restaurant name and the WW points are in the last column.

and http://www.3fatchicks.com/resources/Weight_Watchers/ (dwlz is a great site for points)

I found that the new WW Dining Out book to have less listings - at least hte Canadian version.

I also agree with Kelly that the best way to find the points is by looking at the restaurant's actual website as the information changes and new items are introduced to the menus
Old 01-03-2007, 05:00 PM   #12  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon76 View Post
I really appreciate it!! Although I'm still not able to get points for any of the restaurants I listed by clicking on the restaurant link.
First off so what you can't get there by clicking on the restaurant there is a search right off the first page of Find&Explore. Type in the restaurant name there and it will bring up the info.

Quote:
but I am paying WW all this money to make it "easier" for me. I shouldn't have to go to a bunch of other sites and calculate things myself.
I hate to tell you this but many times you ARE GOING TO HAVE TO go to other sites because they aren't on W/W site. This is a 'tude (teasing tone) you may just have to get over.

BTW I told you the ones that were actually on W/W site and it is just as easy to type in the name of the restuarant in this search bar and have it come up as it would be to then move to the restaurant link, then to the restaurant name...probably even easier than what you are trying to do because it is less keystrokes to find the info.

All the info you want is still there but you just have to do a search rather than click on the actual restaurant.

BTW I am also a paying customer $13 a week plus $13 a month for e-tools.

Last edited by Kelly_S; 01-03-2007 at 05:06 PM.
Closed Thread