Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 05-09-2006, 08:50 AM   #16  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Phew ladies! I've trashed my biceps! I ended my back workout with bicep curls and concentration curls

Then I've come back to work and there's SPONGE CAKE! It looks lovely, but I will save it for when I'm hungry! I've just had my lovely jacket potato with cottage cheese!

Don't worry about seeing the pics SusanB, there's always be there! I'll just have to resurect the thread after your wedding party! Oh and we wanna see pics of that too!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 11:00 AM   #17  

S/C/G: SW175/CW159/GW145

Fru, great dress! and good going with that pound you removed. May it stay away!

Sarah, hope the rash is under control.

Pat, snow! Well, at least it gives you something to talk about.

Star...let us know more about the hydro conditioning class. It sounds really interesting. Tell us more.

Silver....well, I bought and tried sardines, tho' I didn't get them in oil. Yuk! They were very mushy. Is that the way they're supposed to be? I also bought herring in white wine sauce, and that was really good. Is herring supposed to be good for you as well?

Woke this morning at 2:30, and was really pi**ed as it meant at least an hour lying there before falling back to sleep...and then I wouldn't have time after waking the second time to work out. So...at 2:45 I got up and did my lower body workout...45 minutes worth. Felt great, and I was pleased that I could then sleep in and not worry about not being able to get a workout in. However, I am hoping not to make a habit of it.

Have a great day all!

Art
artmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 11:11 AM   #18  

Smile Achooooo

Is sneezing for an hour between 3 and 4 am considered Upper Body or ab workout. My allergies are brutal this week. Never made it out of the bed to get to the gym either.

PAT - If you have snow, does that mean you have no allergies??? I know about the Nedi pots, after all I live in Cambridge, the birthplace of alternative everything, but again, it is a matter of time and energy. Actually it makes sense to me more than sounding gross, just have a fear of drowning myself.

SARAH - Your rash sounds like something I got about 9 years ago, the doctor said "Holey Moley!" when she saw it, now is that a medical term?? Anyway, turned out it was a reaction to the Vitamin E I was taking. My father and I figured it out, he got a reaction on his tongue and in his mouth when he started the Vit E therapy. It may not be the E itself but the gel cap or filler, anything like that change for you?? anyway, now I take an antioxident from Trader Joe's and it is fine with me. Added to my almost daily wheat germ and I think I got it covered.

SUSAN - You are the clever girl doing your workout when you woke up rather than worrying about waking up later. I could do that too. In my house they sleep like rocks.

Off to an appointment, hoping they don't mind a red eyed land use planner.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 01:38 PM   #19  

Hi LWL,

Only tuesday, and I'm already up to my neck in all kind of stuff that is NOT good for me..
Luckily i DID manage to get in my 1 hour power class yesterday. i already know that I won't be able to make it to the gym tomorrow, so I plan to work out at home.

Allergies abound here as well. the air is heavily loaded with pollen. i keep taking drops in my eyes & use a spray for my nose. Apart from that there is just a lot of stress...work related, XH related and DS-at-school related. i try not to let it get to me.

pat - how awfull to have snow!!! We are in a sunny dry spell here. I actually swam in my pool on sunday!!! The water is now 21 - 22 C, so just barely doable ( I was born & raised up to my 14th in the carribean, so if coral does not grow in it I find the water cold)

have a great day all,
Rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 06:08 PM   #20  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

2Fru - I love that dress, you absolutely shine in it. And congrats on the pound down!

All of you suffering from allergies, my heart goes out to you. Growing up in Wisconsin I battled allergies and allergy medication side effects all spring and summer long. I used to wake up every morning with my eyes crusted shut, a sore throat and my nose running like a faucet (gross! I know). I took Seldane for a long time, but I think Claritin is much more common these days? And Sarah Ann that rash sounds awful, I wouldn’t be surprised if allergies were to blame.

The pool at my gym has been closed for a week and half now and not reopening till Monday. Some sort of plumbing repairs going on in the locker rooms. No swimming or water aerobics again for me this week.

Yoga was merciful last night, just me and 3 new people in the class so nothing too strenuous. Oh, and I leaned a new position that reallllly stretches the quads (a version of the pigeon pose), I sure needed it! My quads are still pretty sore today, but I’m a big baby like that. Squats hate me. I know squats are pretty much the best lower body exercise out there, but do they really need to hurt this much? By the way, what do you all do for inner thigh strengthening? I’ve yet to find an exercise that I really like for that.

Scale has been stagnant for weeks, but I’ve been a little too lax a little too often so I know what that’s about. I’ve been doing pretty well with the workouts, but get me outside my own kitchen and I seem to have no will to control my eating. *sigh* I think I’m one of those people that has to get the eating right 90% of the time to lose at all, 80% just won’t cut it.
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 04:45 AM   #21  
aka Superwoman!

Hang in there rabbit, you'll be fine. Can you get some fake coral for the bottom of your pool?

Well I'm recovering from kickboxing! I managed some pretty good kicks last night and I taught some little monkeys how to do front kicks! They were ok, but I think doing the same thing over and over bores them and then they were kicking the wall and spinning around and doing all sorts of silly things!!

Feeling nice and worked out - a feeling that's been missing for a week, and boy did I miss it!!! Got the gym planned for after work, chest and tris today, then we're off to see some live music at a pub. Eating's looking on plan so far, looking forward to my rhubarb, oats and cottage cheese!

Oh and down another pound and a half this morning - I think they're taking the hint!

See you lighter
Old 05-10-2006, 06:22 AM   #22  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmaker
Silver....well, I bought and tried sardines, tho' I didn't get them in oil. Yuk! They were very mushy. Is that the way they're supposed to be? I also bought herring in white wine sauce, and that was really good. Is herring supposed to be good for you as well?
Well done, Art Susan, on having a go! Sardines can vary. No, they're not meant to be mushy. (But ... really top quality ones are held back by the canners to mature for a year or two.) If they're mushy, I mash them with paprika or cayenne pepper and have them on toast. Mmm, herring. Glad you liked them. They certainly are good for you: chock-full of omega 3 oils, very low in calories and high in protein. I had some last night. They were maatjes herring from the Netherlands. We had a Viking meal last night (remember I'm living with an almost 6 year old!). Cured herring, hunks of freshly baked bread, pickled dill cucumbers and a few other veg. Perhaps not strictly echt but pretty good all the same.

Just back from the doc. I decided to put in an hour's walking rather than drive straight there. The plan was to keep my mind off an internal examination. It worked very well!

Thanks for your shopping praise! I'm wearing the (rather cool) black linen trousers this morning. They do a really good job of skimming over the dubious part of my bottom and thighs.

Better get back to work. Things are piling up.

Have a good day today. Pace yourself!

P.S. This is a really nice interview with our own, special, three fat chicks. http://www.wbir.com/life/programming...?storyid=34152

Last edited by silverbirch; 05-10-2006 at 06:34 AM.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 08:18 AM   #23  

Hi LWL,

Frus - thanks for the tip! Pool is now 23 C, I am stiff from working all morning, so I might get out & take a dip. on the other hand... I FINALLY got a stretch of nice, undisturbed time... so I finally can get some long overdue work in!

Silverbirch - Good for the viking meal!! A detail of the dutch herring that might appeal to your 6 year old (people who gross out easily DO NOT READ FURTHER). If they are the herring like the dutch eat them, this is actually a raw gutted herring, where the herring is partly digested by it's own stomac juices because they take care to hit these when taking the guts out. SAFE TO READ FURTHER. I like raw herring a lot.

Good for you to wear the black linnen trousers! And how could any part of your bottom and thighs be ever considered dubious!!?? That is just proto-toned skin & muscle there!

Have a great day all,
Rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 08:39 AM   #24  
in development

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4rabbit
And how could any part of your bottom and thighs be ever considered dubious!!?? That is just proto-toned skin & muscle there!
Of course, you are quite right! Thanks for pointing this out! You're in a positive mood, rabbit! Good for you! Go for a swim! (Btw, good fish details.)

I'd like a stretch of nice, undisturbed time.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:59 AM   #25  
aka Superwoman!

Mmmm that herring sounds tasty!
Old 05-10-2006, 09:03 AM   #26  
in development

You'd love it and as I've got one left over, I'll send it to you!
Old 05-10-2006, 09:05 AM   #27  
aka Superwoman!

Ooooh yes, I'd make life-long friends at the Post Office
Old 05-10-2006, 09:36 AM   #28  

S/C/G: SW175/CW159/GW145

I think it's funny how different we all are...I just hate lunges and love squats! Especially sumo squats, with legs wide and feet turned out.

For additional inner thigh work I lie on my back, put my legs up in the air with the heels together, and then bring them slowly up and down in a kind of frog movement. I also lie on my back with legs bent, feet on the floor, take a ball or pilates ring and put it between my thighs and squeeze and hold, relax, then squeeze and hold, etc. for about 20 repetitions, then raise my body into a bridge and do the same exercise. Hope these help.

Art
artmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 12:53 PM   #29