Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 02-07-2006, 11:05 AM   #1  

Default Spanx Type Of Garments When Working Out?

Does anyone wear spanx-type of garments when they workout? when i lost weight previously, i would wear the control top underwear when i would do the elliptical. lately i have noticed my stomach hanging out when i'm on machines and have realized i have been having a bit of back pain (possibly from bad posture both when i am working out and not working out). currently i am working on core body strengthening to help with it, and it seems to be helping.

just looking for thoughts, etc...
chicagoposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 12:10 PM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

I'm really not sure if the spanx type garments would help... My suggestion is to keep up the core, ab and lower back workouts they will help you, and in the long run you do want to be strong. I shouldn't take too long to gain some strength in those areas...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 05:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

back when i was about 100 pounds, yeah, i used to wear the black tights, black panties and a tank top. now??? at 181??? I don't think so. i don't want to see my body wrapped up like a peice of cottage cheese in some plastic wrap. hahahaha. Maybe when i get more toned and slimmer, i'll look into some nicer gym clothes, but for now, it's a big tank top and long workout pants for me.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 09:58 AM   #4  

thanks for the replies, i guess i was just wondering if you ladies thought it would work to help posture, etc.. i just find that keeping my stomach in/good posture is the last thing that i think about when i'm doing cardio.
chicagoposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 12:40 PM   #5  
Ilene the Bean

Actually, it probably can't hurt... Try it to see. I love those spandex under clothing too...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote