Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 02-08-2006, 05:58 AM   #16  

Hi LWL,

Thanks all of you for your support.

Yesterday I was a bit revived from the meditation CD, but I burst into tears when I made an appointment to see the coorddinator at my son's school. So I decided this is it, I'm in for some rest and recreation this week. Did not work more yesterday, took it very easy cooking, and installed a webcam & headset for my daughter. She is very thrilled to chat with her friends in video conversations. And I had a talk with my son about how to handle the situation.

Today I went to the gym, 20 mins bike, 1hr power class and 1 hour Billy's bootcamp. It feels really good. I see this as a signal bfrom my body & mind...I have to make more time in my scedule to relax. Fortunately, i think I have the most important stuff covered. Now for the lawyers to do their work.

And next time I have such a terrible scedule, I have to remember to take time of for meditation.

Is a Moose REALLY so big that a VW beetle could pass under it ????? How much does it weigh? It sounds like a whale on land!

Have a great day all,
rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 07:32 AM   #17  

Pat - I gotta ask in my worst Russian accent (and I am so sorry), but do you see Moose and Squirrel?

rabbit - hang in there. You are doing great.
ellenuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 09:16 AM   #18  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Hullo, everyone! I'm back from London, relaxed, and with a new haircut and some boots and gloves and underwear. Interesting to see myself in the mirror in some familiar changing rooms. I definitely have lost fat and I've got some muscle definition that's just dying to get out! My friend said I looked very well, and had lost a lot of weight. Good for me!

And I've been eating like a horse. What is it about being away? I suppose clean food is more difficult to get hold of, I walk much more, I climb escalators. Perhaps I just need more food. Could be as simple as that.

Must knuckle down now. It feels as though it'd be very easy to go slip, slip sliding away. I've been to the gymn! But it's the food which is the problem.

Ellen - I'm glad to hear you've got a diagnosis at last. Your doctor sounds pretty balanced. That's someone to work with. We're here for you. Word of the year: enjoy your exercise. We can all learn from that.

Rabbit - you are doing so well. to you and for your children too. I hope the school will grow up, fast, and understand that splitting up and divorce may be common but that does not take away the pain and confusion. It is the school's job to be part of the children's support system.

2F - over here, I think we call moose 'elk'. (I think there could be some international confusion about these terms but that's a bit OT.) In prehistoric times there used to be the Giant Irish Elk. I think one's in the National Museum in Dublin (fell into a bog and was preserved). These guys are big creatures. But I like them.

Cooee! SusanB - are you there?

everyone!
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 10:31 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Yes, I'm here! I did 40 minutes of legs yesterday and tried a new shoulder thing for .... well to see if I could. It's a part of my machine that I've never used because I ... couldn't make the dratted thing move. But I did it! Military press my instruction sheets call it. Three sets of 10 reps with 50 lbs. The last six or seven reps were pretty shaky.
So much for my weinie woman arms! Did I tell ya that the gal who gave me my flu shot checked out my left delt and asked if I'd been working out?
Man, I hate that dancing carrot! Isn't there something else?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:33 AM   #20  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 01:50 PM   #21  
Mel

SB- Over here, moose and elk are quite different. Elk are about halfway size-wise between deer and moose. They all taste good and very lean!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 02:20 PM   #22  
Working My Way Back Down

Quote:
I gotta ask in my worst Russian accent (and I am so sorry), but do you see Moose and Squirrel?
Ellen One of my all time favorite cartoons as it happens - and yes, we see them, though not often together.

SB - here's a link to a short item with pictures about "our" moose
http://www.alaska.com/activities/wil...-4773396c.html

Basically,
An adult male (bull) moose can weigh 1,600 pounds and the female (cow) a little less. Only the male has antlers, which fall off in the winter. Males can also be distinguised by their longer "bell" hanging from the lower jaw. Tips: Moose calves are born in mid-May. Whatever you do, don't get between a cow moose and her one or two calves; she will be protective. Even though moose seem cute, like Bullwinkle, they're wild animals and should not be fed or walked up to by well-meaning watchers. Moose can run 35 mph and have instinctive kicking ability.

And as Mel noted, they are very, very tasty!

Rabbit, sounds like you're doing a little better. Good for you recognizing you need the balance in your life now more than ever.

Yesterday was a rest day, but I did run into WW and get an "official" weigh-in - DOWN 2.4 : Whoopee! Amazing what clean eats and good workouts will do.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 02:58 PM   #23  
Ilene the Bean

Just came back from a good chest/tri workout this morning I ran 5k, later it's swimming
Food is good today too....*whew* finally!!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 10:07 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I wanted to do chest today but everything I did hurt my arms. I guess those shoulder things were hard yesterday.
Oh thanks Jenfrus ... a humping banana is much better than that lewd carrot. What is that white thing?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 10:43 PM   #25  
Ilene the Bean

Susan -- that white thing is a dancing cloud or a dancing marshmallow if you're really really hungry...

Pat -- Way to go on the weightloss... Yes, clean eats and exercise WILL do the trick, go figure, who wouda thunk! It's not rocket science, so why do we just not stick with it most of the time??

Today was finally a good day... I ran, I made it to the gym, I swam AND I ate clean!! It's all good...

Nite now ...
Old 02-09-2006, 04:14 AM   #26  
aka Superwoman!

It's the Michelin man on speed!

I like Because he sings "woohoooo" (at least in Jenfrus's world he does anyway!)

Did a UBW last night. Added some new exercises and kept some old favourites. I lifted in front of my mirror rather than my full length window and I could see those muscles popping!

Double kickboxing tonight - 2 hours of circuits Ah well at least it keeps me off the streets (and away from the Moose!).

Ilene - your good day sounds more like a "perfect" day, swim run gym and clean food! WOW

Keep it up everyone
Old 02-09-2006, 07:56 AM   #27  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Quick post. Frus, dear, I'm giving up the Fab Feb Challenge. I think it's making me worse. I thought I'd give it a whirl even though I know I'm very bloody-minded. And this is proof positive. Now watch me get back on track. Um,

Good luck, everyone. Hope your day's a good one!
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:58 AM   #28  
aka Superwoman!

Poor sb, don't worry - I forgive you!

Oooh and I forgot to say.... I made Ilene's pancakes last night and put cocoa powder in them. They tasted JUST like chocolate cake. I will make a HUGE batch when I get my liquid egg whites in a tub from protein source and then freeze them and eat them as chocolate cake
Old 02-09-2006, 06:46 PM   #29  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2frustrated
Poor sb, don't worry - I forgive you!

Oooh and I forgot to say.... I made Ilene's pancakes last night and put cocoa powder in them. They tasted JUST like chocolate cake. I will make a HUGE batch when I get my liquid egg whites in a tub from protein source and then freeze them and eat them as chocolate cake
make room for moi, at the breakfast table please!!
Old 02-10-2006, 11:10 AM   #30  

Frus,
where do you get your egg whites from? my poor dog is sick of having egg yolks for her tea and as for the smell say no more !

Week 4 of BFL nearly over: Mel your protein bars are now a staple part of my diet (this week it's chocolate & Blackberry)

(i thought i saw my bicep today )
Have a good weekend
shush is offline   Reply With Quote