Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 01-27-2006, 08:09 AM   #1  

Default Enough Cardio for Fat Burning??

Could please let me know if this is satisfactory cardio in order to burn fat...

I use the "Walking Away the Pounds - 2 Miles", I mostly run in place when Leslie and her group are walking. I just started Sunday using her video. I do this twice so I complete 4 miles daily 5-6 days per week and every other day I use weights for about 15-20 minutes, I want to build up to at least 30-45 mins. with the weight training.

Any comments welcome!

chiarij
chiarij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 06:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

I do think it's enough, it's basically an hour of cardio a day. I just did the same tape on Wednesday and am STILL feeling the pain. Especially if you are supporting a heavier weight, I think it's great cardio and toning for your thighs. Does it make you sweat? I think the answer to good cardio is if you are sweating and getting your heart rate up. You may want to introduce something else beside watp after 6 weeks or so, but I think people who haven't done it would be surprised by how intense it can be. IMO, it's really not a walking tape but is truly low-impact aerobics.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 07:58 PM   #3  

I think it's enough for the moment. You will need to increase the intensity and variety of your cardio for further fat burning as your body gets used to this workout. I would do longer weight training in the long run you will also need to increase your weight as you get stronger. If you can do more than 12-15 reps easily it's time to increase the poundage...

Hope this helps, keep us posted on your progress...
3fcuser1058250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:39 AM   #4  

Chiarij - satisfactory is what works for you. Keep doing what you are doing and enjoy the journey. From one who never moved before WATP, wnhat a great way to start! Do the 2 miles, sometimes 2x through, sometimes 1.5, get more tapes (e-bay and Netflicks come to mind) as you get bored and crave variety, sometimes walk in place, sometimes jog in place, sometimes do 2 miles in the morning and 2 miles in the afternoon, mix it up on how your body feels that day. As the weather gets nicer (it is supposed to be in the 60s here today ) go outside and walk. Turn up the stereo and dance around in your living room. The point is to move every day, congratulate yourself and honor your body for showing up. Somedays you can do a million miles and other days you will just be able to shuffle to the bathroom. The point is, keep moving, keep enjoying the experience and keep your body guessing what it will be getting each day as far as cardio. Change up at least 1 day a week. Keep working withthe weights, too. On the other hand, don't let this become too all-encompassing and worrying if it is right or wrong - pain is agood signal you are doing something wrong. Don't stress too much. You will know when WATP is ready for a rest. But don't give them up - I still use them - the intensity you get out of them never goes away as long as you put it in! Trust me.
ellenuw is offline   Reply With Quote