Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 12-08-2005, 07:53 AM   #16  

Here I am, still nursing my ankle, which gets better then worse again, sigh. It's still quite swollen, so no lifting or cardio for me at the moment. I will swim tomorrow though. I am struggling a bit with not going to the gym, I am finding I really want to exercise, but I know I can't at the moment. If it feels a bit better on Monday I'll start doing some non weight bearing cardio, like bike and rower and do some upper body weights.

I'm glad your protein muffins turned out well, I still haven't purchased any protein powder yet, perhaps my new years resolution will be to eat more protein!!!!

I'm still amazed that I kept to this years resolution which was to lose weight and get fitter!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 08:14 AM   #17  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2frustrated
Keep up the great work laydees, wherever you are!
Thanks. I was at the gymn (back and biceps, and cardio). I'm very pleased with myself at present. Clean eats still so the glamour fund jar is filling up, and rescheduling my gymn visits so that I go even though the week is rather busy (e.g., school carol service tomorrow).

Thinking aloud here. I might tell myself to lose two stone (=28lbs) this coming year. I'd split it up into half-stones (=7lbs) to make it manageable. I think part of my difficulty has been not having a clearly defined aim. As we all know, 'losing a lot of weight' doesn't really cut the mustard as an aim. I'd start on 1st December so I'd already have lost 3lbs. Pretty clever psychologically, don't you think?! What do you think?

Hope you're all fit and healthy. And topped up on sleep. EDIT Sorry, Kykaree, I know you're still suffering. You'll be better soon.

Rabbit - your lawyer sounds the bees' knees! What a find!
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 08:46 AM   #18  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Silverbirch, I like your idea about the splitting it up into 7lbs. That's so manageable in 3 months! I might follow you on that one! I know, my siggy says just another 13lbs to go, but my "healthiest BMI" would be me at 140lbs/10stone, so perhaps I'm aiming for 11st 7lbs by end of March! I like it

Been eating like a crazy woman this morning! All clean though! But I ate my snacks for this afternoon too. Been out for petrol at lunch, so I figured I'd buy some more food. I got a lovely chicken burger (not too bad, at least there's no breadcrumbs on the burger - it's "flame grilled" ) and some melon slices to fill me up! I was thinking about buying peanut butter since I'd read somewhere that eating even a small amount of protein straight away after a workout stops muscle deteriation and promotes fat loss and muscle growth. I'm thinking I might mix some peanut butter and chocolate protein powder to put in my kickboxing bag so I can lick a fingerful after class! I'm going to try it next time I'm near peanut butter!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 03:15 AM   #19  

Hi LWL,

TGIF!!! And friday is my day off. I am exhausted by the last week, although I have no real reason to be. I am however "hearing" a lot of my unconscious thoughts. Apparently the meditation CDs are working, and what I hear is not nice. All centered around me being stupid and worthless because XH dumped me. I am battleng these thoughts all day, counteracting that my worth did NOT change when I was dumped, and that, in fact, I have accomplished a LOT in the past 2 months. Furthermore, although XH dumped me, the kids definetely choose to live with ME and not with him. I'll not bore you further, but you can see that I am a busy woman in my mind right now!!!

This weekend the kids are with XH so i have planned a lot of ME time. I have to do the household chores of course, but I made an appointment with the hairdresser, and sunday there is a market that I might go to. Furhtermore I'm going to have a luxurious breakfast in bed, a nice bath, and maybe even do some excercise!!!

Kykaree-I hope the ankle is getting better

Pat - interesting to hear that your husband is also working with the CDs. I have the feeling this is working for me (see the rant above). I feel that I am slowly but steadily working my way out of the depression and burn-out situation, and luckily it happens to work for the divorce situation XH threw in as well.

Meg, Mel, Tiki, Ilene - where are you guys?? Still getting over thanksgiving or busy in the christmas thing???

Silverbirch, 2F - sounds like you are doing allright! 2F: the idea of licking peanutbutter sounds yucky, also will give a terriffic mess if something breaks or spills into your sports bag IMO. If you do the experiment, please report back how this works out!

Have a great day all,
rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 03:30 AM   #20  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Ooh yeah I never thought about the breakages! I will have to wrap it in bubble wrap!

Anyways, double kickboxing last night, very good. Had a nice bath when I came home and lazed around. This morning is horrendously foggy so I am taking the morning as holiday and going to go into work at lunchtime.

Oooh I got my new watch yesterday from gilrsruntoo website. It's lovely, I can programme intervals into it (although only 2 but still good!) and it beeps when the interval's over. I'm a happy running watch bunny!

Might squeeze in some weights this morning, since I've not got much else to do. Then hoping for a clean weekend with the 'rents. I've decided I'm definitely hiding the biscuit tin!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 08:20 AM   #21  
Mel

Good luck with the biscuit tin, 2F!

I woke up to 5 inches of snow, which is still falling. All my clients have canceled for the day, leaving me with my first unscheduled day in eons! Other than a meeting with a health insurance broker and clearing the driveway, there's nothing on my calendar! I may try to just blast down the driveway (I have 4 wheel drive) and see if the mall really opened at 7am. So far my Christmas shopping has been sparse, and I've nothing to wear to the formal party that I'm supposed to be attending tomorrow night

I will do arms and cardio today, but I may stay home and do it. Plus shovel cardio Actually, we bought a huge snowblower two years ago after a dreadful winter, and ds and dh are anxious to use it. Figures, it hardly snowed at all after we bought it. Sure did a lot of shoveling the year before....

Rabbit- enjoy your ME weekend.
SB- Sounds like you are back in the groove. Good way to look at it.
Pat- Not only do people feed library ladies, but they seem to want to feed trainers! I'm being brought all the food I tell my clients NOT to eat.
Kykaree- Yay for sticking to last year's New Years resolutions How is your ankle?
Tiki- are you still out there?
Ilene- How goes the cross-training?

Have a good day, LWL.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 06:49 AM   #22  

Hi LWL,

The jouse is silent except for the washing machine. The kids just left for the weekend with XH, and I'm ready to commence MY weekend!. First of all, some cleaning, and then on to the haidressers and on to the shop to get me some good smelling bath bubbles. This evening I have to catch the cat... I have a mouse problem in the house so the cat has to stay indoors to solve that. And I have to sort out some administrative stuff.

But the good thing was I managed to let them go without crying, and i am even sort of looking forward to the time off.

have a nice day,
rabbit
Old 12-10-2005, 06:57 AM   #23  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Are you still online, rabbit? Well done so far and enjoy the rest of your day.

Just flying in for a moment. It's one of those days here. More later.

Love, Silverbirch.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 07:21 AM   #24  

Hi LWL,

Sunday and the house is still silent. Sofar the weekend went well, but now I'm having a dip. Another 8 hours untill the kids come home again. I slept in, had a long bath, cleaned the house, caught the cat, and I should do some administrative chores now. But I guess I'll just enjoy some spare time now.

Silverbirch- thanks for your kind words.

Some 4 hours later: I was really feeling a bit down when I wrote the above. So I took myself out of the house to the christmas market in the next village. I immediately remembered why I never go to such things, lots of people, a lot of greasy food...but I wandered around for about an hour, dropped into the bookstore, bought some christmas cards and generally actually enjoyed myself being out in the crowd. And my sad mood has passed. As they say in the CBT book: action comes before motivation. But I am proud of myself because I have solved this on my own.

Have a great day all,

Rabbit

Last edited by 4rabbit; 12-11-2005 at 10:05 AM.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:27 AM   #25  

Hello LWL - just got back Fri night and spent yesterday and this morning working through e-mails. It may take me a few days to read and catch up with the goings-on of you all. More in next week's thread (just let me say, Las Vegas was fabulous).
ellenuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 12:16 PM   #26  

Hello ladies, hope everyone is doing well. Rabbit, you have been on my mind all weekend, glad you got over your dip you are doing so well in a very cr@ppy situation. You are becoming one tough cookie (in a good way). Our Christmas markets in Manchester are really good, the food is lovely and not too greasy. I had my treat meal yesterday, a flame grilled steak burger which was fab and probably within plan, and chocolate strawberries. My friend and I decided the chocolate calories were more than outweighed by the fruit!!!

I am pleased to report some progress on my ankle. I swum a mile today and have done a lot of walking. It has a lot more flexibility and the swelling has gone down markedly. My calf is a little tender though. One of the gym instructors thought I could probably start resistance work today, but it still feels a bit dodgy, and I will see how it is tomorrow and then give it a try. Because of my coordination issues and balance problem, I think even upper body work on a dodgy ankle is probably not overly wise.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 02:47 PM   #27  
Working My Way Back Down

Morning ladies! Well, it is still morning here.

Had a good session at the gym yesterday - though all cardio! I am working into HIIT since the thought of doing cardio beyond about 30 minutes leaves me cold. When I finished yesterday I felt like I was going to wash down the drain in the shower along with the soap. Recovered pretty quickly though and managed in an hour (while DH finished his workout/sauna/shower) to get to the store and buy film for work (preschoolers with Santa), an outfit for a dressy party next Sat (30% off!) and gas for the car - $2.35, the cheapest I've seen for a long, long while. I was only 5 minutes later than I'd told DH.

Last night we had fireworks for our city's Colony Christmas, which from the sounds of it is like Rabbits and Kykaree's Christmas market - lots of craft shows, food, sleigh rides. It had been raining off and on all day and at 30 F coating the parking lots - whooee slippery! Fireworks were great though.

This morning I'm doing laundry after a lovely breakfast of Ilene's pancake topped with unsweetened applesauce. In a half hour or so I'm off to meet DH for a latte and the Sunday paper (he's at a yoga/meditation). This afternoon is open - though we hope to get out to our back acre and see if the tree we marked this fall is really good enough to cut for a Christmas tree, or if we need to go buy one!

Good to see you Rabbit. And horray for you picking yourself up and improving your mood! Ellen, sounds like you enjoyed Las Vegas. I'll be waiting to hear about it. Hi to the rest of you! Have a great Sunday!
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote