Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 02:58 PM   #16  

Here here, Rabbit, as someone (but without the kids) who was put through the mill and back again by her ex, stand strong and don't be a doormat. Things will improve, but boy some of the dark days are pretty dark.

Well I have been kind of missing in action, just too busy to type some days. I re did my programme with the cute gym instructor today. As a joke he put the leg press on 98 kilos (around 200lbs) and then reeled back as I did my 15 reps on it. He had no idea how hard I have been working!!!

This programme is a bit harder and he's introduced a few new things, so we'll se ehow it goes. The scales haven't been showing a loss for a while, but I don't care as my clothes size is dropping, and I have had millions of comments from all sorts of people at how great I look, so the scales need to be thrown out of the window from a great height!!! Lying little things they are!
Old 11-22-2005, 06:44 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

All refreshed and renewed after my nap ... I hunted back thru my notebokk and this site to find Mel's five days split. based on some dicking around I've done over the last couple of days ... I started on day five Bi's tri's and abs. It felt very good.
I've got lots of calories left for the day too!
Old 11-23-2005, 03:16 AM   #18  

Hi LWL,

Ellen, Pat, Kykaree - thanks for the support.
Yesterday was bad, but on the up side I think that i made my stand pretty clear to XH. We'll see how the saga continues. I took an extra pill yesterday evening and today I am feeling much better. Today is a new day and I'm going to make it a nice day. I'm now off for some cardio and then I will do my yoga CD, which I did not get around to yesterday.

Have a great day all,
rabbit
Old 11-23-2005, 04:40 AM   #19  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I'm BAAAAACK!

Japan was lovely, food was lovely (mostly healthy and I never once ate till I felt sick - that's progress for me!). Inner fat girl lives in Japan however, but I left her at Heathrow, so I'm back to normal now

Rabbit, you throw a good I think your therapist is right that the kids should have their say on things. When they're old enough, they'll vote with their feet anyway.

Kyk congrats on the leg press! I've always been amazed seeing blokes puffing and panting doing 70kg on them, when I've always been able to do around 90-100kgs no sweat on them. It makes me feel good putting the weight UP after them!

ellen - I'm sorry you have to give up running, but you WILL find something else! I hope I start to feel addicted to it soon!

Oh and how's this for bonkers when I left work on Friday before Japan I went home, did weights then went out for a run then went to the airport! I was going to make it a better effort by going kickboxing last night, but my body would've thought it was 4am when class started so perhaps it wasn't a great idea! I went to bed feeling so sick last night but not feeling too bad today despite waking up at 5am (I know that's NORMAL for some of you crazy folks here!)

Everyone, have a lovely thanksgiving and eat lots of turkey
Old 11-23-2005, 10:27 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Rabbit, nothing wrong with being vocal about your feelings. And keep it up with the yoga meditation. That is a great stress reliever.

Welcome back 2F. Glad the fat girl is still in Japan. We dont want her in London or in Detroit.

Mel, How are the preparations going? Hoping you are still above water with all that was on your plate.

Kyk, good job on the presses.

I did something really DUMB last night. I mixed up a treat I didn't need, ate it while watching a 30 minute program and then tried to do an hour of Tae-Bo. Needless to say after 30 minutes, I got sick to my stomach and the treat made a second appearance. I got thru about 15 more minutes before I threw in the towel. However, now even the thought of that treat makes me ill, so maybe that wasn't a bad thing after all. I did chest, tris and 30 min on the elliptical this AM. Gym opens tomorrow from 7AM - 1PM so I plan to get in there tomorrow as well.

Hope everyone else is doing great today!

Tiki.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:09 AM   #21  
Mel

Tiki- Unfortunately, in my experience, "treat aversion therapy" wears off rather quickly Sorry to hear about the experience.

My gym is open tomorrow from 6-1pm also, but I won't be there! I had 2 clients yell at me for not working but that's insane. I'm already getting up at 5 to get the beast of a bird into the oven and cook everything else that I was supposed to be doing in the evenings this week. All I got done was some cleaning, and the house doesn't even look any different.

2F- Welcome back! Did you have a great time? Would you go to Japan again? My dh has been there a few times on business and extended the trips by a few days, but I've never gone. I'd love to, but the airfare (not to mention sitting in a plane that long) is a killer.

Rabbit- sending cyber hugs to you

Hi Susan, Pat, Kykaree, Ellen, Shannon and Ilene! I'm racing out the door now to drive to Baltimore Airport to get dd. There is a huge exploding tanker truck accident south of the airport outside of Washington DC and I don't know how bad the traffic backup will be. It's all over the national news, so I'm expecting the worst. I'm packing 3 meals, a book and several bottles of water. If I had a port-a-potty, I'd pack that, too

OK, if you never hear from me again, I'm still on I95!

Mel
Old 11-23-2005, 11:28 AM   #22  
aka Superwoman!

Mel, you need a female urinal! I don't think I would go back to Japan again under my own steam, but if DF wanted to go again, I'd probably go! It was just all a bit overwhelming, really not being able to decipher anything and once you've seen one shrine or temple, you've really seen them all! Maybe if I learnt Japanese I would go again, but I don't see that happening soon - I'd rather brush up my French. I think you're clients are crazy wanting you to work on thanksgiving! Are they total fitness freaks (worse than us....?) that they WANT to work out on thanksgiving day? Or do they just have nothing else in their lives?

Everyone, have a lovely day tomorrow - I might even have turkey too - just to keep you gals company!
Old 11-23-2005, 11:42 AM   #23  

I've bought a breast for tomorrow night as our own mini Thanksgiving!!!!

I did my new routine today, it's a bit different and a bit the same as my old one, but it seems to be a bit longer and more satisfying. I went swimming afterwards and accidentally swum a mile, which is not like me!!!! I really got into the groove and it felt really good! I love swimming, wish I could do it every day, but the pool times aren't right for me

I'm off to write some christmas cards and do some ironing, ah the fun, it never stops
Old 11-23-2005, 12:34 PM   #24  

Hi,

2F - great trip and great result - leaving those "fattitudes" in Japan...

Mel - relax, I always think that we prepare so much for guests but most of the time thy do not notice how clean the house is... And they will eat the turkey anyways, independently on how it tastes.

Rabbit - good for you to clam down, good for you you know what you need to do to calm down!

I personally take it easy now. I noticed that doing BFL or my understanding of it so to say make my much stronger, however I noticed that I started to gain fat in my abdomen. Mind you, it might be a result og dose adjustment for hypothyroidism, howver my tests came in back OK which means I am on the right dose of medication. I never accumulated fat in the abdomen - after 3 kids my stomackw as always flat or close to it, hips and upper arms were more of a problem. Now however my arms and thighs are great, but I've got this layer around the waist which bothers me a lot. Darn, I do something wrong and I can not figure out what... My calories are around 1500/day, I eversise and my abs are still rock-hard, however on top of the abs I get with mush! Any suggestions?

I did some fast walking yesterday - can not run and we have fog here, so I went for brisk walk with the dog. Also did upper body workout in the gym. Today is brisk walk only. Tomorrow I am planning to go for abs and back class @6:15 am - hope to make it actually.

Have a great Thanksgiving ,
Sandy.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:19 PM   #25  
Working My Way Back Down

Morning LWL! It's a lovely day here - if you like About 6" overnight, with another 4-6" expected before it stops. Yikes.

Welcome back 2F! Glad you left that fat girl in Japan.

I have done something to my lower back, maybe when I fell last week? In any case, moving in certain directions (including turning over in bed) sends it into spasms. I've decided to lay off exercising for a few days, and am using heat and ibuprofen which seems to help. The gym is closed tomorrow, though open regular hours Fri so maybe it'll feel better by then.

We're eating dinner at church tomorrow, so the only thing I have to cook is sweet potatoes. My plan is stick with turkey and plain veggies, and just a spoonful of dressing. Desserts fortunately are a take-it-or-leave-it proposition to me (mostly ) so I can do fine there. And since we're not providing a dinner for anyone, no high-cal leftovers. I do have a turkey which I'll cook sometime between now and Christmas. I love turkey.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:29 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Mel, your clients are crazy. Last time I checked, Thanksgiving was a HOLIDAY!! So if your clients WANT to go to the gym then by all means they should go, but to expect YOU to work? As my daughter would say, "Either they are ON drugs, or they NEED drugs!"

I had a healthy breakfast - 4 eggwhite omelette with spinach, tomatoes and FF cheese, 1 oz lean turkey ham, and a healthy lunch - FFcheese melted on greenbeans and sugar free spaghetti sauce but I am STARVING!!! Could chew off my arm here but from the looks of it, its HIGH in fat content. I'm leaving early to go to the store and willhave to focus on NOT buying any junk while I'm there.

Tiki.
Old 11-25-2005, 03:01 AM   #27  

Hi LWL,

I hope all of you americans had a good thanksgiving and enjoyed the turkey!

Pat - speaking of snow, we woke up this morning to see about 1-2 inches of it !!! Customarily, the nation is now in shock and the traffic announcements just state that the country is more or less come to a standstill and gives us the top 10 of traffic jams. In this case they started with a 12 km ( 8 miles) standstill, so anyone standing in just 3km (2 miles) is left wondering how long it will take!

Easy day today, no work but I have a discussion with my financial advisor on how to finance buying my XH part of the house, furthermore i have shopping to do and tonight I am taking my daughter to the theatre!!!

Food wise goes OK, I try to control myself and NOT go for the comfort food. I reward myself with hot baths, magazines, excercise, whatever. As long as it is not food I think I am reasonably OK. Also I have decided to take the extra pill on days that I need it, I am still within the dose on stated on the bottle, and it is over the counter stuff, so I should be Ok with it.

Yesterday I did the meditation yoga CD. I like it less than the bodyscan but I will try to do it again today.

Have a great day all,
rabbit
Old 11-25-2005, 03:44 AM   #28  
aka Superwoman!

Tiki - your arm

Hey rabbit, glad you're hanging in there!

Pat - bummer about the back, deff stay away from stiff legged deadlifts! I don't do them any more just on principle!

I went kickboxing last night but only really managed an hour - I started the second class and just started feeling really sick! I think I'm coming down with something cos I woke up at 4am feeling all snotty and I feel a bit sick now still. Never mind! I'm sure some Christmas shopping tomorrow will make me feel better!

Eating is doing my head in at the moment - thought I'd be ok at getting under calories since I ate so much in Japan, but these past 2 days I've been at 1800! I usually try to stay around 1500. I swear it's these dark days - come to work in the dark, go home in the dark. Oh yeah I love winter! I'm not giving up though! I'm staying away from the chocolate and the junk, so I guess 1800kcals of salad and fruit and nice yummy things is better than 1000kcals of healthy stuff and 800kcals of junk!

I'm off Christmas shopping tomorrow in central London with my friend. Looking forward to it, since today is pay day! I'm thinking I might buy more presents for me...
Old 11-25-2005, 07:36 PM   #29  
Working My Way Back Down

2F - I'm with you on the dark days. I really try to make an effort to get outdoors when it's daylight. Right now we're still losing, and have about 6.5 hours, and we'll be down to 5.3 before it starts increasing again. It's also dropped to 10 degrees F (don't know what that is C, but below zero )

I took today off to stretch my holiday weekend to 4 days. Feels good to be able to sleep a little later and do things on a less-than-frantic pace. DH and I went to the gym late this morning and I had a really good full body workout Back is feeling pretty good. I think I'm done shoveling until I feel the urge to shovel a path to the back shed, which I'll need to do in the next couple days.

Hope everyone had a great day and back in their routines today.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:30 PM   #30  
come back kid

hey all,

hope you dont mind me joining in i've been doing bfl for about 5 weeks, thru a case of bronchitis and everything else including the turkey day celebration and amazingly i am still losing. still know i'll need the motivation to get through christmas.
Closed Thread