Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 11-11-2005, 03:36 AM   #16  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Mornin laydees I've weighed in this month - I am at my LOWEST WEIGHT EVER this morning! And my lowest BF%! I'm now officially under 12st (168) - 11st 13 1/4lbs! (167 1/4lbs) YAY! My BF is 24%! I am chuffed this morning! Hooooray!

Off on holiday after lunch, so may or may not post again for a week and a bit! : Keep on lifting! I'm expecting great things from you ladies when I get back!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 04:02 AM   #17  

hi LWL,

Evangeline - thanks for the support. It is really amazing that amidst all the sorrow and hurt of my XH leaving me for another woman, I really feel much better than I have done in the past 2 years. The people around me also notice it and comment on how amazingly well I look, and how I radiate much more life. It is very strange, but i am certainly enjoying it and hope to keep on to it.

Just as in your song I actually feel myself enjoying things that went out of my life because it was inconvenient for XH. Music was actually the first to come back. He did not like my taste of music ( I like country for instance) so I did not play it. And now I can, and I am borrowing a lot of CDs from my library and enjoy them. Also it is really nice to be able to have the house in the way I and the children like it, and the same for the garden. And I am thinking of going on trips and outings with the children. My XH was never into such things, or he wanted to do them in a way that was convenient and fun for him, but inconvenient for the rest of us. I am now awakening to the fact that I can plan these things and we can do things like that.

So,while I grieve for the good man who was my partner for 23 years, I do enjoy that the stranger that he became last march has left my life. And while it is a great pity that so many things apparently were not possible within our relatsion, and that he choose to leave with someone else rather than imrove his current relationship, at least I can now enjoy what was left out of my life.

I hope to get excercise back into my life by december or january, but I am currently trying just to get life on the rails again.

have a great day all,
rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 04:34 AM   #18  
aka Superwoman!

Rabbit, you are doing so well
Old 11-11-2005, 05:03 AM   #19  

Hi LWL,

Hi 2F, you are on-line at the same time!

I did it !!! After my post I thought, and why not right now??? I put on my running stuf and I ran outside for 30 minutes and did some stretches. Not much, but I feel really good about my first formal excercise since XH.

have a great day all,
rabbit
Old 11-11-2005, 05:12 AM   #20  
aka Superwoman!

Woooo yeah! Keep it up!
Old 11-11-2005, 08:32 AM   #21  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

There's just not enough time! 2F - have a great time in Japan and don't eat any junk food. Branch out, be bold and adventurous! rabbit - you are great. Keep on running and stretching. I'm thinking of you. Evangeline, Pat, Mel, everyone! Hullo and eat clean!

The new gymn is going well. I can feel it and I am ready to sleep anywhere, anytime. I am also eating a lot. It will all settle down in a week or so, I'm sure.

Must go. Off to the railway station to get a ticket for Monday, the health food shop to get our organic veg and other staples (oat groats, medium oatmeal, the usual). Then to collect the Boy and aquaplane home. There is so much water about, it's crazy, and the wind is very high.

Ilene - if you're reading this (can't remember where I read your news about your low RHR): amazing news about your resting heart rate!! You are truly an athlete, woman! Go, go, go!
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 12:47 PM   #22  

Rabbit,

That run had to feel so wonderful, you will probably remember it the rest of your life. I’m really happy to hear that you are starting to reap some of the benefits of the situation you’ve been unwittingly thrust into, that was such a huge milestone for me.

You really hit the nail on the head when you said “So,while I grieve for the good man who was my partner for 23 years, I do enjoy that the stranger that he became last march has left my life.” You put into words exactly what I still feel and it has been 8 years since he left and my life is so much improved but there is always a tinge of sorrow for investing 25 years of my life into a relationship that someone else decided to bring to and end. Fortunately, for me, I’ve celebrated 5 years with a guy that has made it all worthwhile.

Keep up the good work, and if you don’t have a chance to get your home gym set up right away consider picking up an exercise ball and a copy of Strength Ball Training Author Lorne Goldenberg. In my home gym I have 185 lbs of free weights, a squat rack, cable attachment, bench with leg extension attachment, db’s from 2 lbs – 40 lbs, treadmill, stationary bike and gazelle and my very favorite piece of equipment is that stupid, cheap, exercise ball and my db’s. I just can’t believe how versatile the silly thing is and how much fun it makes working out.

Keep up the good work,
EofAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 11:57 AM   #23  

Hi LWL,

Evangeline, 2F, Silverbirch - thanks for the support. I am a bit low at the moment because this is the first weekend the kids are with XH, and I totally have to adjust to it. He came to pick them up at 11.30, first had to get his new love out of the door, and I find that so very nasty. But I cannot define why. probabely because it is one more example that he puts her first now, not the kids and not me.

I bought some books and made an appointment to visit with the mother of my daughters girlfriend tomorrow. She is a thoroughly nice woman who went through the same thing 5 years ago. Her daughters are away with her XH as well this weekend. Furthermore I did some therapeutical shopping this afternnon, and bought some sinterklaas gifts for myself and for the kids, and lighted the wood fire. Now I'm off to an evening of my own food, my own books and my own music. For I think the first time in 25 years.

Have a nice day all,
rabbit
Old 11-12-2005, 07:07 PM   #24  
Working My Way Back Down

Good for you Rabbit!! I'm pleased to see you making a new life for yourself and not sitting about pitying yourself about the old one. Not that you can't have some down times, but the more you take care of yourself, the better things will be. Hope you have a nice evening.

Yesterday was a holiday from work, and DH and I went to Anchorage and did some shopping, got about 1/2 the Christmas shopping done!! Yay. Then late in the afternoon I had a colonoscopy, oh joy. Actually the procedure was a piece of cake once they had the IV in - which took 45 minutes and 9 - count'em 9 - sticks!!

This morning we went to the gym where I did a good legs workout - and was able to up the weight on every exercise. I feel strong!! Then did 1/2 hour on the elliptical. Now I'm home doing laundry....
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 04:44 AM   #25  

Hi LWL,

I am a bit down. I am searching for the data to give to the lawyer, and it brings back so many memories about how we started out so long ago. I have to cry because every moment I think "How ever did we get into this situation?". Luckily my appointment for coffee is in about half an hour. Time to grab myself together again. I just have to hang in here, just do it, even if crying.

rabbit
Old 11-13-2005, 05:04 PM   #26  

Rabbit, This is a real roller coaster ride but fortunately, just like a roller coaster the dips become less and less as time passes. You really are doing great. Once you meet with the attorney you will feel a lot better, a good attorney can really take a lot of weight off your shoulders, he will make sure you aren't taken advantage and it will feel really good to have someone in your corner, looking out for your well being.

Also, if you haven't done it already, you should go in to have a complete physical. I didn't think about that but when visiting my Dr's nurse practitioner, because I was so depressed, she insisted I have a complete physical. Just to make sure he didn't have any other secrets he failed to mention to me. I was reluctant but she was right, and since he was intimate with someone outside the marriage you (and he) have no way of knowing how many times his "new love" slept around with other men before they hooked up or who they were. I do not want to scare you but you do need to take care of yourself both physically and emotionally. Besides they uncovered an infection I had that I was totally unaware of that was brought on by all the stress.

Take care,
EofAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 01:57 AM   #27  

Evangeline,

Thanks for the advice. I had not thought of that, and I will certainly go to my doctor for that check-up. You are right about the ladies morals, so there is indeed a risk.

rabbit