Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 10-13-2005, 12:06 PM   #31  

Hi,

I seem to do silly things this week. First of all, our pipe was leaking and my hubby decided to repair it himself which ended up in major flood in the basement and working under ice-cold shower from the pipe. So after overdoing dead lifts on Tuesday I spent 2 hours mopping the floor (I decided to buy shop vac as Christmas present for situations like that). So yesterday I did not go for a run as I was soo tired and had about 5 hours of sleep (moppng the floor started at 9 PM )

Today I have splitting head ache and did not do anything in the mornings. Reading Mel's post I realized that head ache might be a result of banging my head on the side of the bath tub yesterday night - I definitely need more sleep! So Mel, do not feel so bad about falling over the wire, some people bang their heads in their own bathtub! So I hope to go to the gym tonight for my leg workout and do the run tomorrow. I signed up for relay in November - the shortest leg is 8K...

Ellen, you did such a good advice to rabbit! Rabbit, hang on! My sister went thru divorce after catching her hubby with his "other wife" in their bed and finding out that his "other wife's" son is the same age as her daughter... And kids have the same father - her hubby! I also noticed that bearking it sooner was better on my niece, as well as for my sister.

Sandy.
Sashenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 12:44 PM   #32  
Working My Way Back Down

Well yesterday was a stressful disaster day. Computers at work all stopped about 4 pm. I am the director of a public library, and this means all of our public access internet computers, plus our automated circulation system and catalog, were down! Of course our contract IT guy was nowhere to be found, so I was running around like a fool rebooting computers, routers, etc. and on the phone to the phone company. We got the internet back up fairly quickly - getting the public off our necks but the automation system took awhile longer. We had isolated the problem down to the T1 line between the server location and our library, but of course the phone company wouldn't admit that. I finally left having opened a repair call with the phone company. Amazingly - ha! - it "fixed itself" about 6:30 pm (we were open til 8) and is still fine this morning. Grrrr. I felt like I needed a stiff drink after those 2 hours, but I settled for a previously planned evening with some GFs and a small dish of ice cream (served by the hostess). Much better by the time I got home about 9:30 Today will be a better day, and it's a gym day besides.

Sandy I hate those late night cleanups. Why do things always break in the evening?
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 03:47 AM   #33  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Morning laydees!

I tipped my motorbike over last night! But fortunately I'm now strong enough to pick it up again! It's a big beast so I felt dead proud about not having to shout for a man!

Then we were worked HARD HARD HARD at kickboxing! It was worse than being in the army! That nasty effluvia was creeping up on me I worked so hard! At least I know I'm doing my best when that happens!

Talked to my instructor about fast-track and basically he said I can do my gradings when i'm ready for them and not have to wait for an official grading to take place. He also said he wouldn't give me a syllabus for the next belt till I can do back kicks perfectly!

Oh and I've lost 1 3/4 lbs this month! I lost 1 1/2lbs in the week I didn't do weights! But at least I have Mighty Mouse shoulders!

Was awake for 3 hours in the middle of the night last night so I'm joining the crew too!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 04:32 AM   #34  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Morning all! I am prioritising sleep today. Yes, in the day, all day if necessary. It has got to the serious stage. Please be careful, everyone: baths, wire, motorbikes - all dangerous when approached the wrong way!! And ye cannae lift when you're tired. At least, not very well.

Good work lifting the bike, 2F. It's a great feeling, isn't it?

Good morning, rabbit! I'm thinking of you and I know you'll get through today OK. One step at a time. Hope the weather's as nice on the Continent as it is here.

Off to put my jammies back on.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 05:16 AM   #35  
aka Superwoman!

I've just been an engineering boff and worked out how much I effectively lifted when I put my bike back upright! It works out at a staggering 155lbs! WOOOOO!
Old 10-14-2005, 06:53 AM   #36  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Pat - very good work on avoiding a stiff drink. I don't know whether I would have done.

2F - U R Strong.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 07:50 AM   #37  

Hi LWL,

Silverbirch, 2F, Sashenka- thanks for the support.

Hi all, I am feeling a lot better now.
The kids & I are recovering from shock. My husband is off for the weekenfd with his new love, & we look forward to a weekend of rest and relaxation. There are probabely a million other things that we could do, but for now we just sit still and try to calm down. I am on mild antidepressants and I find they work out fine. I plan to get back to lifting & running maybe next week; as for now I feel I am ojn the right track. I can eat again, I can sleep again, and I do not have to cry all the time.
Next monday my husband & will visit a psychologist to start the track of separation in a way that will make the least damage for the children. I am getting a lot of support from my surroundings, other mothers at the school come up to me to give me a hug and tell me that their husbands did the same.
I am adjusting to the fact that he is, in fact, out of my life, even if he is still living in this house, and as a start I have started removing some items from the livingroom that he felt needed to be there, to our spare room where he is staying presently. No point anymore to have that stick around.

I will call in again tomorrow,
Have a nice weekend & be carefull out there!

rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 04:38 AM   #38  

Hi gang,

I'm still hanging in here.
Things are quieting down around here. I am still cutting down on my husbands footprint in the living room. Furthermore I noticed that his laundry is in the communal basket, and I plan to carefully select his laundry and put it aside. i will of course do my and my kids laundry, but it seems a bit much to do his alundry while he and his new love-of-his-life are comforting each other in a weekend cottage.

The meds are working fine. Yesterday I was a bit hyper, so I am cutting down on the dosage.

have a great weekend,
rabbit
Old 10-15-2005, 05:21 AM   #39  
aka Superwoman!

Hey rabbit! I definitely wouldn't be doing his laundry! You GO GIRL! Glad your meds are working well, this is the occasion that they're for! I hope you don't have to be on them for too long.

Did over an hour of stretching last night! Someone called me Stretch Armstrong! Practised some back kicks. Nattered on the phone to my 'rents for over 2 hours! They're coming down in a week, but I must've been feeling chatty! I haven't spoken to them in a while!

Doing ok on the eating today - well it is only 20 past 10! I'm planning picnics and things for tomorrow, and I might allow myself my "free meal" of chips from the chip wagon! We'll see...

We're off to the cinema later to see either Domino or Wallace and Gromit, so that will be fun!

: Have a lovely weekend laydees
Old 10-15-2005, 08:08 AM   #40  
Mel

Morning ladies,

Rabbit- Definitely dump his laundry back in his room! What nerve Glad you are feeling better.

I think the sun is try to peek out here after 9 straight days of rain. I could never live in Oregon, I'd go stark raving mad. I stayed OP until yesterday, then fell flat on my face. Exercise has been on, but I needed sunshine or carbs, and the carbs came first. I may have to get a sun lamp.

One client today, then some cardio and a lot of chores

2F- Have fun on your picnic!
Ellen- How are you feeling?

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 05:38 AM   #41  

Hi LWL,

Still hanging in here. Glorious weather, that is funny. I lowered my meds because i was getting hyper, so that means I am now occassionally very down again. The question i am pondering now is about resposibility for the kids:
I cared for the lkids when my husband went to france, and he spent that week with his new love.
Now this weekend i am again caring for the kids and my husband his staying in a weekend cottage with his new love. So, in a way I am facilitating that my husband and his new love have an easy time.
I noticed that he is apparently planning to stay away every weekend to spend with his new love, and i actually resent that I am apparently the one who is to facilitate this. it is nice and easy for him to stay at home in the week and leave in the weekend, and leaving me the care and responsibility of running this household full time.
I think I will address this issue tomorrow at the psychologist.

rabbit
Old 10-16-2005, 09:32 AM   #42  

rabbit -*big hug* - I am so proud of you. You are in control here and you are the one to set the boundaries. Keep working with the psychologist and cometo your own solutions that are supportive and healthy for you and the children, not the ex. Think hard about what this all means - so he goes away on the weekends. It also goves you and the children quality emotional time to deal with all that is going on. I would also work with the psych to come up with a reasonable timeframe to get him out of the house. Have you found an attorney or wonens' support group to help you through this? Yes, you do need to start thinking on the legal and finacial end of things and getting the rest of your life started. I know we are legitious here in the US, but there is something to be said for the peace of mind of a roof over your head and knowing the bills will be paid and you and the children will be provided for. Remember my siggy - do not give up control for convience. You have more control in this than you could ever imagine. You will amaze yourself.

Mel - how goes the hunt for a heart rate monitor? There are a lot tochose from. Here is my advice: forget the ones that you press your fingertips against and go for the chest band. After you wear it the first time or two you will forget you have it on as it sits right under the bra band, anyway. Decide what finctions are important to you. For me and my running, intervals were important so that made me jump up a category. Most will do heart rate, elapsed time, allow you to record laps, etc. The next category includes intervals, then the ability to upload to a computer and finally GPS and pedometer functions. Here are two things you want to check regardless: 1) Can you see the dial when you are working out? Yep. women's versions are smaller and that makes the display smaller. I had to stick with the men's versions because of this. On that same line, how easy is it to change dispalys whle you are mid-stride? Is it a one button push or more complicated? 2) If you will be using it indoors what does the cardio equipment in your gym register? I know my treadmills and bikes and ellipticals have a "Polar" designation but they can register both Polar and Nike. My monitor is a Nike because of the intervals. The running store where I bought it allowed me to take it to my gym and workout with it. If it did not register on the eqiment they would have allowed me to exhange it for a Polar. BTW - my gym has arrangements with three different running sstores in the area that I can show my key tag and get a 10% discount. My trainer also went with me to help me with my first shoes and again for the heart rate monitor. You might suggest your gym look into a similar arrangement. I get quality equipment and store help for shoes and clothes and accessories and they get increased business. Mytrainer heard about some of my pronation issues and the store owner (who used to be a college track coach) gave us soem good advice that we have worked into my program. It is a win-win-win all around.

Finally, I thought of you when I read this article, yep , I know you know and now science does, too :http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...tgaininmuscles

Today I am feeling much better. I had a killer headache from the lumbar puncture yesterday and Fri. I woke up feeling great and ran 2 miles and walked one this morning. I have a weight session scheduled tomorrow that I am actually going to keep I am slowly coming back.

Sandy - yikes, that flood sounds like a week's worth of workouts - glad it is over. Any permanent damage?

Silverbirch - good for realizing when your body needs rest. Maybe that's what got me into my mess?

2F - I am so proud of you - keep at it. One day at a time on the food, listen to your body and read your siggy - garbage in garbage out. Your physical achievements will make you put your food in line. (just don't kick MY butt, OK?)

Ilene, Laura, Pat Susan, all the other LWL ... thanks for your warm wishes. I'll know more Wed night ...
ellenuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 03:43 AM   #43  
aka Superwoman!

I did ok on Saturday, and I did ok on Sunday in the fact that I didn't eat and eat and eat and eat just cos we had food with us! We actually had a meal at the restaurant for lunch and snacked on stuff during the afternoon and came home and had a light dinner. However, I did have cheese, chips and chocolate but I FELT ok, so I feel like I wasn't abusing my body too much! In any case, it's progress from what used to be!

I'm also getting to the point where I'm thinking that I want a muscle-ripped body more than I want that bacon butty or chocolate bar or whatever... I'll get there some time!

Looking forward to a healthy week this week. Going to really max out on my kickboxing training. I'm mega motivated. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with lacrosse. I'm deffo too tired to go training tonight, but I want to do some stretching, so I'm substituting lacrosse for stretches. I'm supposed to be playing in a lacrosse match on Saturday and I don't really want to I will go though - I'll just have to be brave!

: everyone.