Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 09-07-2005, 04:44 AM   #16  

Hi LWL,

Tiki- When are your kids going back to school ?

Mel - good luck and take it easy with the tendonitis.

2f - WTG on the orange belt !

Hot day today here. I did UBW yesterday but my arms are not sore much. Guess its time to change weights. Today I biked 30 mins, 10 km. I plan to add 30 min run if it does not get too hot.

rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 09:29 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Mel, tendonits bites. Take care of yourself so you can get well quick and get back to slinging around the big stuff!

2F, I'm sure you will do well and get that orange belt. You rock!

My kids start school tomorrow. We all went to bed early last night, but major cramps woke me up at 3AM. I'm out of my regular Tylenol so I popped 4 Cold and Flu tablets to knock out the pain and ended up knocking myself out as well. I will hit the gym this afternoon instead.

Tiki.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 11:23 AM   #18  
Lovin' Zumba!

Hey gang - I'm still here - swamped at work so trying to keep myself OP, but it's difficult when I'm stressed... No excuse I know, so trying to get myself back on the wagon!
Cindy
BfL_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 12:33 PM   #19  

Hi,

Did nice hike with kids on Monday, took day of rest yesterday (had enough stress of starting school for kids - all of them go to different schools and two of them go to schools 20km apart which were starting one after the other).

Today did 20 min cardio and plan gym upper body.

Have a question: why do I have problems running outside as my knees hurt but never have the same problem on treadmill? I sighned up for relay in November, and now I am afraid that I will not be able to do it as I seem to be in pain when I run outside, so I skip running outside and keep to treadmill...

Thanks,
Sandy
Sashenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 02:31 PM   #20  

Maybe its the impact when your feet are hitting the pavement. How old are your running shoes? Also maybe cushioned socks might help. You are the opposite of me. Running on the treadmill hurts my shins and left knee whereas running outside on a track is fine.

Tiki.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:07 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I've been biking everyday (but yesterday) but I haven't done any weights in a while. It felt good to do upper body this afternoon.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 04:12 PM   #22  

Tiki,
My pair of shoes at work is about 3 month old, I j ust bought new one for at home, and I do not see any difference. I have to say, it is probably hard surfaces which are not helping me in running. Thanks for suggestion though.
Sandy.
Sashenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 11:25 PM   #23  

Sandy, I would say it's probably the surfaces, yeah. Is there an unpaved trail you could run on?

Tiki, hope you're feeling better, and Mel too. The ankle I messed up the other week is still a bit tender; I've done some walking and the elliptical but nothing really fast, and no calf/shin weighted stuff yet. It's weird, the range of motion is fine, but I'll just be sitting and feel the side of my ankle feel warm out of nowhere, which I guess means there's some damage still healing there? Shrug.
LKTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 08:15 AM   #24  

Sorry all, I have been in lurk mode. Not much to say - can't run due to ligament strain and looking for a cardio that gives me the same release as running (or "wogging" - that walking/jogging thing I do). So far I have been limited to the bike and hope to start the elliptical this weekend. Then work my way back. The marathon in Dec is still a possibility, though I have pulled out of the 12 mile canyon run Sept 17 and my 1/2 marathon Sep 24 is looking "iffy". The fall race I really want to do is a 10-miler Oct 2 and that still looks good. On the other hand, my lifting is good. I do need to get my food under control again, and today is the day.

Sandy - "Runner's World Complete Book of Women's Running" talks about knee problems and suggests it is usually tied to biomechanics and overpronation. This is particularly problematic in women due to greater quadricepts angle that results from the size of or hips (I am now an expert on overpronation - see my ligament comment above). Have you been properly fit with shoes and observed for gait analysis by someone who knows such things? My doctor has also recommended taping my ankles before I walk or run. Get yourself to a physical therapist, podiatrist, or running store that does a gait analysis. Good luck and keep running!
ellenuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 08:31 AM   #25  

Hi LWL,

Glad to see all your post all! I think everyone isore or less getting into routine again.

Sandy - take care your don't hurt yourself !
Ellen - I hope you heal soon !
Tiki - great to see you are back rocking !

Today it is hot again. I did 25 mins rowing machine and LBW. No run because i am babying my L hip, which seems to be healing OK. Only thing bothering now is sore hands, sore fingerjoints. I hope it is not arthritis, but I cannot think of anything else

have a great day all,
rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 11:40 AM   #26  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Ellen - wogging! I knew there was a word for it!

Psyching myself up for double kickbox. My granny's been taken to hospital so it could be a hectic weekend!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 11:53 AM   #27  

Rabbit, I liked that subliminal message in your post - everyone "isore or less". I'm definitely sore and luvin it.

Laura, I am fine. I was talking about how treadmills affect me which is why I never use them anymore. I'm a track chick nowadays.

Double Kickbox? Sounds like a lot of calories gone today. I hope all is well with your granny.

YAYYAYAYAYAYAY!!! School started today!!!! Life goes back to normal!

Tiki.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:12 AM   #28  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Yes lots of calories gone last night! Back kicks progressing from absolutely terrible to just plain bad! I can now almost do them without falling over completely!

Went to bed at 10.30 worn out, then got a phone call at 5 past midnight. DF had left his keys at work and wanted letting in. It took him 10 minutes to get to the door after he rang! Couldn't he have just rung me when he got in the building?? SO had to force myself to stay awake for 10 mins, then when he got in bed, I couldn't sleep for an hour!

Needless to say I am in ZOMBIE mode today!

Not heard much more about granny apart from she may have a ruptured stomach ulcer! NICE! She's having a laporoscopy today and then they will know what's up!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 09:33 AM   #29  

I hope her laporoscopy goes okay and they are able to diagnose and get your granny well. And good job on the improvement to the back kicks. I'm sure you do it much better than what you are letting on.

I did back and bis today but for some dumb reason, forgot to do my deadlifts. Will do them after work. My food has been EFFORTLESSLY clean since Monday except that the calories are too low. Ahhh, I guess I'm still in the honeymoon stage of gettting into shape. If I don't get to the store and restock on the staples, I'm gonna have a "fight" with myself and then the honeymoon will be over.

Tiki
Old 09-09-2005, 02:08 PM   #30  
Working My Way Back Down

Gym after work tonight for some leg work and cardio. We've been moving furniture around at work to make a place for a new position so I've been get some strength work done. Although the work area of our library is so tight already that adding in another workspace has been a real group effort and some "thinking outside the box" to come up with an arrangement that will work. We are restricted by (a) electrical outlets and (b) a large 10' island in the middle of the room (used for processing/mending books).
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote