Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 05-15-2005, 01:53 PM   #46  
Working My Way Back Down

Yesterday was back to the gym after 3+ weeks away. Did a LBWO and only had to drop down 10# on most exercises. No cardio since we were pressed for time, so I'll try to get a long walk in this afternoon. It's a cool, raw, overcast, generally gloomy day here. I worked in the yard all yesterday afternoon, so my arms are a little sore from the raking. They'll have their gym workout on Monday. I'm determined to make the 2# I lost on vacation morph into more, so I'm writing our my goals for exercise and eating and posting them on the fridge. I should do it for work too, as it's the snacks there, plus people twisting my arm to eat out, that often does me in.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 01:58 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Hey Pat, we were posting at the same time. As for lunch at work, do what I do. Don't carry any money to work. People don't like dragging you out if you can't pay your own food bill!

Tiki.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 02:01 PM   #48  
Student of the Hoof

Hey WaterRat .. noticed you're in AK. I did my 35 year stint up there - born and raised thing - till about 10 years ago. Moved down here to thaw out. I'm anti-social at best, so don't have the work issues. I just pack a lunch and be done with it.

Tik - Bad, badder, baddest!? Sorry, I had to giggle at that. I'm so sorry someone would be so arrogant and self centered as to see someone in a predicament and walk away. Those kind of people make me very annoyed. Hope your back feels better!

I'm on forced vacation from pilates because I came off a horse last week and bruised my pelvis. It bites, but at least it's high up enough so it doesn't stop me from riding, running, or lifting!
RavenToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 03:47 PM   #49  
Mel

Tiki- That's horrible! I had a similar incident a while ago but I wasn't hurt, so it's more funny than agonizing. I tried "sit squats" for the first time (you actually sit down on a low platform then get up again) without realizing I had to lighten the load by about 30%. On my first rep, I sat...and stayed there. The gym was nearly empty, and a very small woman came over, looked at me, said h"un, I don't think I can help you" and walked away! She didn't even go get someone else! I sat there laughing for a few minutes, then yelled for the head trainer who I knew was in his office. He came out laughing. But I'd be furious if I'd been hurt. You need to really lighten up on split squats...and back and legs together aren't a real good idea. But it sounds like you've already figured all that out. Hope you heal quickly.

Raven! Welcome back

Pat- Nice to have you back, too. Your trip sounds wonderful. Hope the cone-head kitty is doing well.

Ellen- I wish I could muster up your enthusiasm for running. I went for a run (uh, really a jog) yesterday. I did about 3 1/2 hilly miles and hated every minute of it. My back is sore today, but in truth, it's been sore for several weeks. I just like to blame the running I used to be a runner...I don't know what happened other than too many miles on these old hips and knees.

I think I'll go take a bike ride between rain showers and loads of laundry. Bye!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 05:17 PM   #50  
Ilene the Bean

Tiki and Mel -- That's awful!! People can be so ....

Today I had an ok run it was on the dreadmill and it felt like I was on there for ever!! I quit after an hour... I'm so lazy today I must be expecting my periods or something...

DS 17th birthday we are going our for supper later when he finishes his swimming course...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote