Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 07-16-2004, 10:17 AM   #1  

Default BFL vs. BFFM

I have been directed to your forum by one of your resident experts for input on the two programs (BFL vs. BFFM). I have been somewhat acclimated on Body for Life. Yesterday, somewhere on this board (and now I can't find) I read an article about Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle. Just looking for pros and cons to both plans.

I have been doing South Beach since September of last year and getting very frustrated with my lack of results. I have about 70 #s to lose and I just turned 50 this year. I am VERY committed to getting my weight off.

Thanks in advance for any info you can offer.
pbaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 02:31 PM   #2  
Mel

BFFM by Tom Venuto is not so much a "plan" as a good explanation of how building muscle and exercising works along with good nutrition to improve your body. Using his information, you can devise your own plan. He has sample nutritional plans and workouts for different goals (believe it or not, there are people who WANT to bulk) and body types, from which you can devise your own plan. His e-book is very readable, and written in terms understandable without a degree in biochemistry or kinesthiology. It is the theory behind BFL, and any other plan based on eating frequent nutritious meals, utilizing weight training and cardio to build muscle and burn fat.

If you've never done a weightlifting program before, BFL is a great starting point because everything is laid out for you- you don't have to experiment or make up workouts on your own. If you're not a beginner, BFFM is a great source of information to help you fine tune your own program. If you have access to a good gym, and are familiar with body building principles, BFL is probably too simplistic. Having said that tho, there are plenty of folks who do BFL for long periods of time with success, because it is so simple.

With 70 pounds to lose, I don't think you could go wrong with either. Or stay with SouthBeach, and incorporate more exercise, both lifting and cardio, into your program.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote