Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 04-28-2013, 08:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 247/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4

Default Hrm and lifting!

I just purchased a polar ft4 and I plan to wear it during strength training, o read it won't be as accurate because strength training doesnt burn as many calories as the hrm will read, I suppose because it isn't about calories burning, it's about building muscle. So should I just let it count my calories as I lift, or should I not count them? I was hoping for an idea of what type of calories I was burning during lifting. Hmm any knowledge to share with me??
Thedollylala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

I have a polar ft60 and wear it while lifting and use it to track calories burned. Wear it, you might be pleasantly surprised at just how many calories it does burn! I do the NRoL Supercharged, phase IV now and burn about 600-700 per session!
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 247/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4

So do you figure it's fairly accurate? I guess we shall see but I'd just love more knowledge on this
Thedollylala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:06 AM   #4  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

I'm a big fan of HRM's and have been for a pretty long time... and I've definitely worn them while lifting weights and strength training just to see how many calories I was burning to get some sort of idea...

Here's how I look at it... I mean you can use it to see how many calories you are burning with the workouts you are doing now... which is what I used to do with it ... just a sort of "Oh, that's interesting... I burned x number of calories in that workout"... But than I would use it to work at keeping my HR up more during the workout, so I could not only get a good workout... but also burn more calories too... So for me I found that the data that it provided pretty useful... and the feedback from seeing how lifting affected my HR very helpful from a training and recovery standpoint...

Now currently, I don't wear my HRM for things like lifting weights because I just don't like to bother with the chest strap... But I definitely feel that when I did it in the past it was helpful to me...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote