Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 09:54 AM   #1  
Hot Momma

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5 ft

Default Working out help

Hello. I've recently gotten back into to seriously losing weight. I'm a little perplexed.

When I first started like a year or so ago. I cut my calories, and was seriuosly working out like 10-15 mins a day probably 4 times a week. That low because that's all I could handle without feeling like a piece of my soul broke off. Doing that for three months I lost about 20 pounds. 10 pounds the first month, 5 pounds the second and third. Then after that it went stagnant. I was very diligent in keeping my calories low, but nothing was coming off so I gave up.

This go around, I'm being more realistic realizing results take time and I have to keep up with it. I've been going to the gym religiously since first week in February. Three times a week. How much have I lost??? Nothing. But i've GAINED 2 pounds. I'm eating the same. Every class I take at the gym is a mixture of cardio and weights. Though sometimes the classes have a tendency to be aimed more at toning than cardio. Recently I've started staying at the gym an extra half hour-45 mins if I feel like I didn't get alot of cardio in. So in total, on all three days I stay at the gym for 1 1/2 - 2hrs. Will this help me? What should I do?

My job is a very active job. I walk around alot during the course of 8 hrs. I'm going to keep going. I'm NOT going to give up this time like I did last time. But it would be awesome to see the scale go down instead of up. Maybe I'm just ranting :-(.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

If you are eating the same, and just trying to lose weight through exercise, it's not surprising you aren't seeing any change. You can't out exercise bad eating habits. You've got to reduce your caloric intake.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #3  
Hot Momma

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5 ft

Sorry, i wasn't clear. Meaning i'm eating the same as I did last time I tried dieting. My calorie intake is 1200 a day. I just don't understand why I saw results before by barely exercising and eating right. But now i'm eating right, and exercising I'm seeing nothing.
Closed Thread