Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2003, 11:07 AM   #1  

Default Question about my scale weight

Hello Guys!
I just hopped on the scale today and it has not budged! I have been going to the gym regularly and eating pretty decent. I am losing inches,but what is up with the scale? Do I build more muscle than the average person who would have dropped at least five pounds by now? I do remember as a child having lots of muscle, but I am all hung up on what the scale says. I think I should throw it away!

Size 14
Old 02-20-2003, 11:35 AM   #2  

Default THE SCALE LIES

Size14, I will tell you right now to throw it away. It doesn't mean anything. Truly. Wanna know why? I'll tell ya.

If you are working out and eating clean - you are GAINING muscle - which takes up less space than fat - so you're losing inches. You look better, are shrinking in size but the scale isn't moving - which means you're doing everything right!

Would it matter to you if you were a size 7 and weighed 150 pounds with 18% body fat? I think not. You want to measure your body fat % as opposed to weight. If you're 35% BF and weigh 130 pounds, that ain't good, my dear.

Keep doing what you're doing - that is eating right and working hard and you'll get to the size you want.
And one other thing...The scale doesn't tell you your size.

Your Sistah in Steel (I love this one!)
Susie
Old 02-20-2003, 11:39 AM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

This is repeated soooooooooooooo often in BFL ....

DO NOT GO BY WHAT THE SCALE SAYS!!

Go by what your clothes feels like, the inches you are loosing.... how much more energy you have on this program than others you have tried... my first challenge I lost 2 lbs... and this one I have lost none yet......

BUT my clothes is loose, even my underwear is looser...

Look at my signature and that is my saying and that what BFL is all about.

Honestly, throw the scale FA' FA' FA' FA' AWAY.......don't look at the scale numbers and enjoy the journey....

\/
\/
\/
Old 02-20-2003, 11:55 AM   #4  

Thanks for the sound advice! Its out of here!
Size 14
Closed Thread