Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2003, 03:53 PM   #1  

Red face Before pics: the horrifying reality.

I just saw my before pics and BLARG! Yuck. Ugh. I had no idea.
I even had the audacity to smile in them. Whats wrong with me?

If nothing else its inspiration to work hard tomorrow morning when I do my LBW (day 6! woot!)

Anyone else feel this way? Im 5'4" and weigh around 200lbs. I figured if I lost 50lbs I would be good to go, but now Im thinking like 100lbs *sigh*

Anyone else here come back from a situation simular to this? Most of my weight is on my hips and thighs, and stomach. Augh. Augh augh augh augh augh!

Anyone?

Tidey
Old 01-24-2003, 04:50 PM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

Talking Me! ME!!!

Okay, you've seen the photos...now...put them in an envelope (or save them on your hard drive if they're digitals) and FORGET ABOUT THEM FOR THE NEXT 12 WEEKS!!

You will be soooo glad you took them when you take your 12 week photos and compare side by side!!

hips, thighs and tummy - that's where I carry most of my weight too. The bane of women I guess! And I SO know where you're coming from - check out the icky photo of me on my website (the one in the polka-dot red dress). I was SMILING in that one too - happy 'cos I'd lost 25 pounds and was down to a sleek 240!
Old 01-24-2003, 06:34 PM   #3  

Like convincing myself not to look again will be hard lol

although, just like catching your parents "in the act" it will likely be burned into my eyelids for flash replay as I drift off to sleep. heh

I was probably really shocked due to the fact that we have no full legnth mirrors anywhere in the house. I havent seen anything below my neck in 3 years lol

Thanks for the support, I really needed it today. Eating 6 meals a day is a tough one for me. Ive always had it rammed down my throat that the less you eat, the better. Now Im all worried I'll start packing on MORE weight because I upped my caloric intake. The reasonable SANE part of my mind knows its not true, but the conditioned response is telling me to skimp on the carb servings.

its nice to eat breakfast though. Damn nice. I could really get used to this.

Tidey
Old 01-24-2003, 07:29 PM   #4  
Uber-Moderator!!

Oh I know where you're coming from!!

I'd love to recommend a book - "The Quest for Peace, Love and a 24-Inch Waist" by Deborah Low. It's got some great exercises for getting out of the entire Diet Club mentality. I HIGHLY recommend it - the author's website is www.deborahlow.com.

Just do the six meals and before long you'll get your tummy accustomed to it - and love it!
Old 01-24-2003, 07:47 PM   #5  

Tidey, I am with you on the 6 meal thin it ets so hard, I barely can get down 5, tonite since it is friday I have made it to 6, and drinking so much water has made it difficult too.

I have a question for ya, before I started BFL, I NEVER went number 2 on my own, now since BFL I have major as like crazy, and I am going all bymyself, my bowels love it , anyways, my before pics look so horrible I will not look at them again until 12 weeks, but I did peek at my measurements, and I have lost exactly 20 inches so far, that is in 3 weeks. 2 of those weeks , well one of theose weeks I had an all week free day, but kept workin out so I statred oer on the 20th of this month, but 20 inches since january 6th is cool. but this week is my official full week no cheat success. My whole body is hurting like I am hitting my 10's like never before.

Sunday is my free day and all I want is some chips or french fries, which I will make myself. Good luck tidey.
Old 01-25-2003, 08:35 AM   #6  

I've never had a problem with #2 but I notice that things are certainly running smoother lol (sorry to gross anyone out!) and I have to pee all the g*dda*m time heh

I've eaten clean all week (This is week 1 for me), and Im SO looking forward to tomorrow. I'll likely keep doing the small meals even tho its free day, just because I like it better. Its much nicer and I dont get all tired after eating

I WILL be indulging in some Doritos and Chocolate though. The PMS is killing me (tho not as bad as usual, so Im seeing the first real benifits of a better diet and exercise already).

My mom is "sabatoging" my motivation though. She keeps telling me that this is unhealthy and bad for my body. I cant seem to make her understand that being 60lbs overweight and sedentary is whats BAD for me. People are crazy sometimes!

Tidey
Old 01-25-2003, 08:43 AM   #7  
Uber-Moderator!!

Tidey - you'll do fine. Just let your mom talk - and keep up the good work - let your body do the talking for you in 12 weeks! Moms can be so old fashioned sometimes - I think it's seeing their daughters doing stuff like weight lifting that is supposed to be boys only.

My mom knows I lift but if she saw me in the squat rack squatting heavy - she would probably freak out. She is in great shape - never had a weight problem - her and Dad go to the gym daily. Of course when you live in the boonies, there's little else to do (they actually live in St. Helena which is lovely - but the closest Nordstrom is in Santa Rosa which is a substantial drive!)

Keep on hangin' out here for inspiration - you'll show 'em! Go go!
Old 01-25-2003, 08:55 AM   #8  

tidey,

i never even took pictures, that how disgusted i was with myself after taking a gander in the mirror !! i don't regret not taking the pictures because i would have burned them anyway. i never would have publicized them !!

don't worry about all that though. work hard, eat clean and enjoy yourself these next 12 weeks. they are going to happen anyway, so you might as well set your goals and make a b-line for them !!

i'm still amazed at myself, at the drop in sizes, at the better health and smoother life now.......... all this in a short 4.5 months!! i have a long way to go, but heck, i love every single minute of it!!!

take care and we'll see you around,

adriana

ps: i'm 5'1" and started at 235.4 pounds on sept. 9th, 2002. i'm now 209 pounds and stronger and healthier than ever!

life is grand :-)
Old 01-25-2003, 09:59 AM   #9  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Mrs. Jim....When I was in junior high school, my Aunt Linda lived in a tiny little one bedroom cottage in St. Helena - just her and her cats. I LOVED it there! It was like something out of a fairy tale.
Old 01-26-2003, 11:43 AM   #10  

Default Before pics

Tidey -

My "before" pics are pretty bad, too. I actually used a digital camera so I was absolutely sure no film clerk or anyone else would see them!

Have you visited Mistress Krista's web page? She has some very good thoughts on body fat and a woman's mental/emotional relationship with it. (It's under the "eating" link on her site.)

I'm not sure if we're allowed to post her web address here or not. If you don't have it but want it, let me know.
Old 01-26-2003, 12:46 PM   #11  
Uber-Moderator!!

Actually I have Krista Scott Dixon's website address posted in the info "Sticky" thread at the top of this forum!

But here it is again ==> http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html
Old 01-26-2003, 04:56 PM   #12  

Yep!

I've been reading her page for a while now (going on a year?) and its one of the reasons I started lifting. I just got into body for life recently tho.

I think Im doing OK now though. My body is actually being NORMAL again. Hope this isnt TMI (too much info) but the following good things have happened in just ONE WEEK!

1. Period is back, and a normal length for me (i used to have 7 days bleeding, but it dwindled to 2 days of barely anything. Now its back to normal!!!!!!)

2. Skin clearing up, despite it being that time of the month......

3. Sleeping better.

4. Lovely sore muscles (im a bit of a masochist when it comes to this. I really enjoy this dull achey pain LOL.)

5. I am hungry in the mornings! I havent been in ages! I guess Im fixing the damage I did

Im not measuring until week 4, so as of now, im just enjoying my free day. (so far, doritos, a pudding cup, and some cider, and homade fruit salad!!)

I am HORRIFIED that our supermarket was totally OUT of cottage cheese! Not a single tub of any kind left. *horror*

Now I have to go shopping tomorrow too!!!! AUGH

Tidey
Old 01-27-2003, 05:11 PM   #13  
JEC
Aussie and proud

Tidey

Mine ALWAYS runs out of CC like every 2nd week! It's so annoying.....

JC
Old 01-27-2003, 05:32 PM   #14  
Ilene the Bean

My fav grocery store ran out of CC the week after Christmas.... Gee I wonder why??
Old 01-27-2003, 08:12 PM   #15  
JEC
Aussie and proud

By the way - we are GIRLS there is never TOO much info IMHO!

JC
Closed Thread