Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 10-18-2010, 01:56 PM   #1  
patience and perseverance

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Default back fat

I know I can't spot reduce, but I have a thick layer of fat on my back. Are there any specific exercises I can do to tone or shift it around?
JayLei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:01 PM   #2  
Maintainer since 12-22-10

S/C/G: 198/190/165

Height: 5'8"

From my experience, back fat disappears through cardio. When you lose body fat, the back fat will also go.
Slim CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:07 PM   #3  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I struggle with the difference between back, chest and shoulder. A lot of the exercises I know incorporate all three.

I know pull ups and push ups are great for all three. Rowing is good. The one I call "frog" is good. You lay on an inclined bench belly down and pull the arms back and out.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:54 PM   #4  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

Hey JayLei: You're right, can't spot reduce. Boy I wish we could. If I could just...to that one spot on my inner thigh...lol. But seriously, when my weight fluctuates, the first place I'm going to see it is the the last place I lose it.

Just like your little line under your avatar states: Patience and Perseverance. Just keep doing what you are doing to lose body fat and you'll see the difference eventually.

In the meantime, Eliana suggested some great upper body exercises. Work that upper body (and legs too) to develop some mean looking muscle that will reveal itself as you continue to lean out. Something to also remember, it will be important to do as many "pulling" exercises as you do "pushing" exercises. Rows, lat pull downs, pull ups etc.
Lydia227 is offline   Reply With Quote