Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 12:39 PM   #16  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Wow! Those are great results. I can't wait to get to the fitness center today.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:23 PM   #17  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Woo-hoo another convert.

Does anyone else find that they are hungier after they switch exercises and/or increase the weight they are lifting? I can't think of what else it could be, but I'm starving today. I've increased my protein, I hope that fills me up eventually.

This morning was lbwo, and I'm going to be brave and post it for critique: the numbers are the weights, you know the reps.

Chest Presses (Dumbbells) 16, 20, 24, 40, 30
Flyes (Machine, hated btw, I'll go back to using dumbbells) 30

Rear Delt Rows (Cable) 20, 30, 40, 50, 40
Shoulder Presses (Dumbbells) 24

Lat Pulldown (Cable) 20, 30, 40, 50, 40
Bent Over Rows (Dumbbells) 20

Tricep Pushdown (Cable) 10, 20, 30, 30, 20
Tricep Extensions (Overhead w Dumbbells) 15

Hammer Curls (Dumbbells) 10, 16, 24, 30, 20
Bicep Curls (Dumbbells) 16

I struggled with the Lat Pulldown and the Bicep exercises. My arms were so tired I wondered if I was going to be able to drive home.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:55 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Dee, are your dumbbells the total weight - so like 16 is 2 8 lb weights? Your cable work is exactly where mine is on the lat pulldown and tricep pulldown. I think my chest presses are about the same as well (book is in the basement). I've been able to go up a bit on my bicep and hammer curls, finally, but it did take quite a while! I think from the looks of this, you are doing very well and gaining strength pretty rapidly! Is that the kind of feedback you were looking for?

I do lbwo tomorrow and am fearing it. Squats are killing me - they are so hard because I go pretty heavy. I won't mind going back to step-ups in a couple more weeks.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:42 AM   #19  
Ilene the Bean

Dee -- I am DEFINITELY hungrier when I change up my weights and cardio routine... I don't see anything wrong with your workout at all, was it the amount of weight you're asking about? I lift heavier but I've been at it for 24 years I don't think it's important how heavy you lift as long as what you lift is a good work out for you and you are lifting to fatigue...

Sportsmom and Dee -- I was wondering the same about the 16# weight... all our weights at the gym are in 5# increments...
Closed Thread