Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 02-23-2009, 10:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Default BFL -- Week 5! Marching into March!

Hi all, I'm sick here - ick. Feverish, sneezy, congested.

Once I start feeling better I will get up and take my 1 Month measurements and photos tonite when DD can take them for me. Looking forward to seeing those. I will post my inches lost very soon.

How's everyone doing this week? From what I hear, besides the month 1 excitement, we have weeks 6-7-8 to look forward to, which is when some people really start to see some amazing results visually. Looking forward to it!
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:00 AM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

G'day girls .... Will measure again tomorrow too ... I hope the measurements are good...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:56 PM   #3  

Default My Results!

So for the first month or 4 weeks:

Down 12 pounds

Inches lost-
Neck: -1/4
Bust: up 1/2 (that's weird, pectorals at play?)
Waist: -2
Belly: -2 1/4
Hips: -2 1/2
Thighs: -3 1/4
Calves: -1/2 (ok, so I'll keep working the seemingly useless calf exercises!)
Bicep: -1/4

Total inches lost: -11
Crazy stuff!

Pictures coming tonite. It's gotta show a big difference, right?

~~Fran (new BFL poster child)
Old 02-23-2009, 02:13 PM   #4  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Here's my inches lost for Month 1:

Waist: .5
Belly Button: 3.25
Bust: 1
Thighs: 1
Calf: .17
Wrist: .33
Upper Arms: .75

Total: 7 Inches lost!

There were 0 inches lost on Abs/Hips, Forearm or Neck. I'm really hating these measurements because I'm overdue for TOM, and I think the numbers are a little wonky. I think I've lost some thru the lower ab area, but I'll let it go for now.

My biggest accomplishment this month is that I can see my biceps now. They aren't uber defined, but at least I can tell I have some. If only my triceps were coming along so well.

Here's my Body Fat differences:

This month:
You have 23.6% body fat.
You have 36.3 Pounds of fat and 117.7 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water).

Last month:
You have 24.9% body fat.
You have 37.3 Pounds of fat and 118.7 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water).

So 1.3% body fat lost, (and I used today's bloated TOM weight).

Last edited by dixied; 02-23-2009 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Add BF difference
dixied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 04:59 PM   #5  
No description available.

Great job ladies!!!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:37 PM   #6  
Ilene the Bean

Dixi and sportmom, excellent numbers .... I am totally envious !! I doubt I did that well
Old 02-23-2009, 08:54 PM   #7  
Mel

Doing great!
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:44 PM   #8  

LOL - dh freaked out a little when I told him the inches. In fact, "I HATE THAT!" was his exact response. I was like, "whaa???" He said, "I don't care how much you lost on your big toe or your forearm or your ankle! I hate that when the tv shows talk about losing 35" in 2 weeks. If you measnure enough places and lose 1/4" in each place...." I was like, ohhh-kaaay! Can you tell he has just finished Week 3? lol

When he calmed down a bit I explained that I only took the "traditional" measurements of neck, bust, waist, abdomen, hips, thighs, calves and biceps. Next week he'll be screaming from the rooftop with his numbers.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:21 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post
LOL - dh freaked out a little when I told him the inches. In fact, "I HATE THAT!" was his exact response. I was like, "whaa???" He said, "I don't care how much you lost on your big toe or your forearm or your ankle! I hate that when the tv shows talk about losing 35" in 2 weeks. If you measnure enough places and lose 1/4" in each place...." I was like, ohhh-kaaay! Can you tell he has just finished Week 3? lol

When he calmed down a bit I explained that I only took the "traditional" measurements of neck, bust, waist, abdomen, hips, thighs, calves and biceps. Next week he'll be screaming from the rooftop with his numbers.
It's cool that your DH is doing this too. I told mine how many inches I lost, and he said that he'd found them for me. Meaning he's gained, again.. You can lead a man to the weight room, but you can't make him lift.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:19 AM   #10  
Ilene the Bean

Well according to the scale this AM I have lost no weights although this weekend I showed a 4lb loss but I did loose around 4 inches all around ... So, whatever!! I'll do better this month

Last edited by Ilene; 02-24-2009 at 09:20 AM.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:22 AM   #11  

Hi BFLL,

I did not lose weight, but my jeans are loose... so who knows?

Apart from that I want to note that we are now on day 30 (my count), so 1 month underway.
Apart from not loosing weight, I have been OP for 60 -80% of the time, and I have acquired two major healthy habits:
1) I exercise in the morning, even if it is only 20 mins
2) write down & make a plan what to eat every day. Even if I don't stick to it, it really helps.

have a great day,
Rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:32 AM   #12  

I bought heavier weights. I never found the upgrade to my ajdustable dumbbells, so I just went ahead and splurged on the next higher set of dumbbells this morning. 5am decisions at Wal-Mart, gotta love them. They aren't covered in vinyl, and they aren't pink. I think I'll just budget for another set every payday, and eventually I'll have as much as I can lift and then transition to plates for the bar I already have. Did I tell ya'll I got a weight bench for Valentine's day? I'm loving it. I still stand for most of my workout, but for the 3 or so exercises that I sit for, it's so much better than my ottoman, which is what I was trying to use.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:37 PM   #13  

Cool Dee! SOunds exciting. If you're working out in your living room, make sure you put a towel under the weights. I had a few of them in the higher weight range (where they are more iron/less chrome) leave small rust spots on my carpet, which are impossible to get out.

I am STILL sick. I am about 3 wl workouts behind and 1 cardio. I am going to try for the cardio tomorrow for sure and then try to play catch up on the weights as much as I can to get up to speed again. I finally plugged in the humidiers in my bedroom last nite and it was the first nite I slept thru w/o waking up to cough, sneeze, etc. Should have thought of that sooner. So today I didn't wake up with a headache, which made the day better all around. I just didn't know if was possible for a body to make this much snot. GROSS! On my second box of tissues.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:04 PM   #14  
Working My Way Back Down

Hi gals -

I'm way way behind here (in life as well as BFL) but I'm enjoying your progress, and plan to be back on my way as soon as possible. It's the exercise that I'm not getting in, the food remains, well, pretty good.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:11 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post
Cool Dee! SOunds exciting. If you're working out in your living room, make sure you put a towel under the weights. I had a few of them in the higher weight range (where they are more iron/less chrome) leave small rust spots on my carpet, which are impossible to get out.
I hate that you're so sick. Is it a cold? I've been recommending the netti pot solution to everyone, but that works for stuffy noses, not runny noses.

I'm actually working our in the laundry room. It's a big room that serves as my craft room, and a passthru to the side exit of the house, which we never use. It's got the washer/dryer/hotwater heater, desk, storage and a deep freezer, so why no add the weight bench, I thought. I'm contemplating getting rid of the craft supplies to make more room for weights. (I say that somewhere in WV my mother just started spinning in her grave, except she isn't dead, so maybe she just passed out?)

Pat - For me it's the eating that's started to slide. Coincidentally, its TOM this week, so I think I know why. I've put my foot down though. No more eating whatever I feel like just because I'm busy.

Last edited by dixied; 02-25-2009 at 06:13 PM.