Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 09-02-2007, 10:08 AM   #1  
Mel

Default September Chat 1-15, 2007

What happened to summer?

Hope everyone is having a great Labor Day Weekend!

I'm nursing my sore legs from a major change in my workout and looking foreward (not) to a day of cleaning up the jungle of gardens, cooking, and trying th get ds into the frame of mind to go back to school on Tuesday.

Cardio later this afternoon...I'm thinking I may get my rollerblades out again. It's finally not either raining or 100 degrees

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 11:54 AM   #2  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

Default The Chat Check-in, Sept 1-15

I'm starting this thread because it's Sept 3 and we're still missing a chat thread for the month. Not sure if that's OK, but if it isn't, let me know!

I haven't been to the gym in three days: Friday was a rest day, and Sat & Sunday were so beautiful that I went for long bike rides instead. Although I enjoyed the rides and the rest, I'm getting antsy to get back to the gym. I miss the sweet sounds of clinking iron and bad music; the smell of stale sweat, iron, chalk, and testosterone; the blast of hot air from an AC-less room when it's mid-80s outside...

Hope y'all are having a good weekend. It's not a holiday for me, but I can tell from the silence that it is for many of you!

Kim
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 12:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 145/130/110

Height: 5'3"

Where do you find the little chart that logs your weight and success?
thinbttrfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 01:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: Starting over

Height: 5'7"

to track everything go to quick links then sig weight tracker

Thanks for starting the thread Kim!

I am happily pulling up these days but still haven't been able to get beyond sets of one. My daughter just ran outside so I will be back but howdy to everyone.

Hiker
hikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 01:06 PM   #5  
Meg

I merged the two threads so there wouldn't be any confusion.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 01:42 PM   #6  
Mel

Hmmmm....I started the thread on Sunday morning. How come no one could see it?

Cardio done and lots of floor washing. If I'd done a pushup with each swipe of the rag, I could have gotten my chest workout done too

Mel
Old 09-03-2007, 03:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: Starting over

Height: 5'7"

THe funny thing is I did see the thread. I am so spacey right now with my head full of work that I completely forgot.

Yes where did summer go? Actually the real question for me is...Why won't it leave? We have been having 100+ degree days all week. I am melting. I embrace fall with open arms.
hikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 08:04 PM   #8  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Happy September?? I hear everyone loving the start of fall, but I'm just not interested. It's not that I don't like the slightly cooler temperatures, it's just that I hate hate hate winter so much and to me, fall just means winter is coming. I think if our winter was in the 50's, I could love it but it's the sub zero temperatures and the freezing rain and snow that I hate! Okay, it's been a beautiful weekend, so I should let that go for now!

I managed to fit in two 5k runs this weekend so that was good but I've also been just starving all the time since Friday. I get like that sometimes but it's so hard. I just want to eat all the time...real food, not junk. And so I'm staying away from the scale for now. Why do it just to get sad? Back to work tomorrow so that usually helps.

I also really need to get back into more lifting. I've been focusing so much on the cardio, that the weights have been lacking a bit.

Anyway, hope everyone has a good week!

elisa822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:33 AM   #9  
Mel

Morning First day of school here and the morning attitude was a beaut

It's still hot here too, hiker.
Elissa- I know what you mean. To me, I now dread fall because of the endless, backbreaking and tendonitis inducing leaf problem. But when we lived in TO, we had snow in our driveway until May.

Today is back to the gym. Cardio done. I skipped lifting yesterday, so I'll cram it in in 4 days this week.

Mel
Old 09-04-2007, 09:16 AM   #10  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinbttrfly View Post
Where do you find the little chart that logs your weight and success?
Thinbttrfly: Go to User CP and click on edit signature. Somewhere in there is a button to make a "ticker." (I assume this is what you mean by the chart.)

Kim
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 05:24 PM   #11