Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 09-08-2007, 06:43 AM   #1  
Have you had The Surgery?

S/C/G: 510/225.4/199

Height: 69.09"

Default I just hit the jackpot!

I have been part of a running/walking club (I do the walking part, trying to incorporate jogging into it) that gathers every Sunday morning. This past week I did my all time personal high and walked 8.5 miles. The person that organized this is a personal trainer at one of our gyms. We had been talking about her coming down to my gym to "give" me a couple sessions. I was getting tired both mentally and physically of my present routine. Her rate was a respectable $45 an hr. I have been quoted up to $75 by some trainers. We have talked about my weight loss journey, how I have accomplished the weight loss, my personal goal to get down to my ideal weight of 200lbs by Christmas, my personal goal to get onto Oprah (I so desperately want this excess skin removed, I will be happy to tell my story in front of millions if she were to pay for it).

She wound up giving me a 2 week pass at her gym that included 2 free sessions with her. She extended those 2 sessions to 2 weeks! During these 2 weeks I had commented to her that my brother had been suggesting that my gym give me a free membership and use me for advertising purpose. I have lost almost 200lbs since I re-joined the gym in July 2006.

The past 2 weeks of personal training have been awesome! I am no longer bored at my daily routine, as I have absolutely no idea what she is going to be putting me through! She has introduced me to new machines, to free weights, medicine ball, etc. She put me through a grueling circuit training session. She has been fixing my form. She will not allow me to hold onto the treadmill for dear life when I hit certain speeds/inclines. One day she had me join a spin cycle class (I could only last 15 mins). She has put my body in positions I have not been in yet (although my aerobics instructor at the YMCA has accomplished this as well). After about 1 hr, 15 mins I am completely drenched in sweat.

I am going to enjoy this new chapter in my life!

Last edited by FresnoBeeDude; 09-19-2007 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Needed to remove personal information because of a jealous person
FresnoBeeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 07:19 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

That is just totally and completely AWESOME and AMAZING!!!!

Oh gosh, I am sooo very happy for you. This sounds just so wonderful. Your own personal trainer - free of cost. That is just MARVELOUS. Wow. Wow. Wow. And to be able to hold workshops and help others - that's just the best!

This really has been quite the ride for you. I can definitely relate to you. I know just how you feel.

You surely are reaping the benefits of all your hard work. And you so very deserve it. I wish you continued success.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 09-08-2007 at 07:20 AM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:23 AM   #3  

Robin, I am so overwhelmed by all of this. Last year when I started my journey I never could have imagined how far it would have taken me. Would could predict losing all that weight in such a short time? During that time I paid a trainer at my gym a couple times to help me form a routine. I went to the gym by myself. I did what I had to do. I used the machines I was taught to use, I wrote everything down so I could increase the poundage the next time. I used the treadmill for 35 mins (like I said hanging on for dear life on a 11% incline at 4.2 mph).

Now, I have my own workout partner (the trainer) who will not only push me, but make sure I do everything properly.

During the past year and a 1/2 people asked me "How did you do it?" (after finding out i didn't get "The Surgery"). This is when and why I started on my blog. Started out small, then I added to it. Turning it into a diary of sorts. I have constantly been educating myself on everything dieting, exercise, weightlifting, nutrition, diabetes, motivational weight loss stories, etc). Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be hosting a workshop.

Thank you for responding Robin
Old 09-08-2007, 09:45 AM   #4  

In about an hour or so, I am sadly going to go into my gym and ask to cancel my membership. The people have been very supportive of me there, and treated me like family. In some aspects I feel like I "sold out". But Eva did what they should have done, and taken advantage of my success.

Thankfully my gym didn't have a contract, there never was a commitment.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:33 AM   #5  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Height: 5'5"

Wow, Its an honor to read your adventures!!!! I'm looking forward to following your story. Your an inspiration!

I just went to add you to myfriend list on myspace, so I can follow your blog.

Last edited by wannaBsize7; 09-08-2007 at 10:36 AM.
wannaBsize7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 11:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Fresno, that's fantastic! You really have done an amazing job and I think it's really great that you'll be able to be an example and inspiration to others. Think of all the other people you will be able to help.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 01:41 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 235/199/160

Height: 5' 10 1/2"

Wow, what a jackpot indeed! Congrats on everything!
OH2007 is offline   Reply With Quote