Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 01:48 PM   #1  
Slowly going crazy!

Default Need Support

I can't get in for a fill until the end of November and my restriction is not there right now (I'm just too busy to head to the docs)

Anyways, I just need some support, a kick in the butt, some motivation etc, to help me get back on my 'drinking' water and really listening to my 'band' when it tells me STOP! !
Sometimes I find myself eating throught the soft stop just because the food tastes yummy. I know BAD...
Even worse, sometimes I have something to drink with my meals...
Worse yet, I've been ordering Diet Coke with my meals when I am at a production crew meeting. EGADS! ! ! (not that the DC is totally bad, but it replaces the water and that's not good).

So help...please...I need some motivation. Pictures, comments, before and after stories, etc.
Old 09-17-2003, 03:36 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

what in heaven's name is going on here???? did you REALLY go all the way to MEXICO to have this surgery and NOW you're not doing what you KNOW you should be doing??? all that pain and discomfort? all that discussion about doing it for your beautiful children??? <has the GUILT bomb gone off in your head yet or do i have to continue???>

and nowhere in your post do i see even a HINT that you are putting yourself ANYWHERE in your list of priorities.. your health and commitment to yourself are taking a backseat to a PRODUCTION CREW???????

and you can't find a half day over the next two months to get your fill?????

hmmmm.
Old 09-17-2003, 06:55 PM   #3  
Slowly going crazy!

Thanks...Jiff, that's what I needed. (I printed it off)

I just took a look at my before shots for some more motivation.
Old 09-17-2003, 09:35 PM   #4  

CS - I know EXACTLY how you feel!! I hate to drink water. I have to FORCE myself to do it. As a compromise, I drink propel fitness water or crystal lite for FLAVOR!!! Also - an FYI for ya - Wal-mart's Sam's Choice water actually tastes better than other water due to the minerals they put in it. I actually like it better than other bottled water.

As far as the drinking with meals and "over indulging", I drink a glass of water before my meals. This way I know I am getting water and I am also filling up a bit on water. Until you get your fill, just make sure to get your protien in first. One thing I like because I am on the go all day every day are the EAS carb control bars. I like the chocolate peanut butter one. I tell myself they taste like reeces peanut butter cups..........my husband says they taste like dirt......but so what!!! It is mind over matter.....if I don't mind, it doesn't matter!!! Also - eat from a smaller plate and don't fill it. Keep to your small bites and chew well. It really does help to put your fork down after each bite. Makes it take longer. I used to be the first one done at the dinner table, now I am the last one done! Hope these little tidbits help!! Good luck and take care!!! S.
Old 09-18-2003, 09:21 PM   #5  

How are you doing Amy?

Jiff and SB gave you excellent advice and I can't add to it...I'm just checking on ya!

peach
Old 09-23-2003, 12:01 AM   #6  
Slowly going crazy!

In-laws are visiting from NY...I'm dealing with their 'attitudes' on WLS...they have no idea I've had Lap-band surgery. I don't think I've lost enough yet to make them bat their eyes and wonder what's up. They just know I'm eating less. *sigh*.

Anyways, when they leave I'll post a bit more.
Old 09-23-2003, 08:46 PM   #7  

Amy, I know what you mean with the in laws! Mine are so not helpfull, and not supportive! I, all the time, get to listen to the comments like " are you loosing any weight?, what diet are you on now?" and all kinds of looks (but no hesitation to buy all kinds of junk food for us!

Just don't let them get to you! Your doing this for you and no one else so don't worry about what they think!! Just get on track again and get a fill, it's for you and you deserve it!!!
Closed Thread