Old 07-01-2004, 02:02 PM   #1  
Cute Chick

S/C/G: 254/202/135

Height: 5'0"

Default 24yo, no kids...need support!

I was on here about a year ago, posting and reading religiously. But it fadad and I am back. I need help...someone to "check up on me".

I am 24 yrs old, 4'11.5" tall, and weigh 184lbs as of this morning! I almost had a heart attack! Last time I was on the scale (1.5 weeks ago) I was 178. I have to do something, and NOW! In order to have children, I have to get to 130 lbs. Dr's orders. With my height, and being born with Spina Bifida, it would be way too much pressure on my lower back. So...I want to get there by New Years Eve! I don't want to make Losing Weight another New Year's Resolution and fail at it! I am making small goals for myself...instead of looking at the whole picture. I want to get to 170 by my birthday, Sept 11. That is 14 lbs in 10 weeks and 2 days. That is a very healthy goal for myself!

I am using fitday.com to track everything from a cheese burger to a single tic tac...I have done it before and lost nearly 30 lbs. I have gained some of it back, and I don't want to get back up to 202 again! I was in a car accident in on 4/2 and it swung me into a deep depression. (guilt due to the fact that my 8 yr old neice was in the car with me, and also, I wasn't able to get to the gym due to lower back pain...both of which I am still trying to deal with)

I want to find honest people that will share in the good and the bad! I am taking 1/2 dose of Xenadrine EFX (1 pill 2 times a day) and one-a-day weight smart vitamin.

I didn't mean to make this post so long, but I like to write and once I get started....well it's hard to sum it all up into just a few sentences.
Amby876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 11:55 AM   #2  

Hi Amber,

Welcome back! I'm a newbee here, but so far I really like the fact that support is just an e-mail away. Sounds like you have great, defined goals and important reasons for wanting to lose weight. I know what you mean about being surprised by the scale. I'd gained about 15 lbs. between weighing myself and that was a shocker! Of course I knew I wasn't eating right, or getting exercise, and that my clothes were getting snug, but seeing it in black and white was an eye opener, for sure! I'm 27 years old and really don't want to waste the rest of my twenties being lazy and out of shape. I know losing will only get harder as I get older, so there's no better time than now. I'm going to check out fitday.com. I've been using the weightloss tools at the Discovery Health Channel site, but it's only free for a month and I don't really want to have to pay for it. How is the Xenadrine working for you? Do you feel "amped up" or jittery? Few years ago I took Power Thin, which I later realized had ephedra in it. Worked like a charm, though! ha ha... Anyway, best of luck to you. Send me a message any time you want to chat!

sw: 200
cw: 192
gw: 148
goofgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 01:10 PM   #3  
Cute Chick

I have a little energy boost with the Xenadrine EFX (only lasts about 15 minutes)...but nothing like the one with ephedra...that one made my heart about come out of my chest....

If I am totally honest with fitday, it makes me see how much unhealthy foods i eat during the day. It also keeps track of your daily vitamin intake and how it compares with the Recommended Daily Allowance for each one. Which I love! It also helps keep track of how many calories you burn with each activity (from typing on the computer to running a 5k)...

talk to you soon
Old 07-02-2004, 01:38 PM   #4  

I just noticed you're in Woodland Hills! We're practically neighbors. I grew up in Ventura but moved to Oxnard 2.5 yrs ago when I bought my condo. Such a small world, huh?

I'm going to give this a try with diet and exercise for the next couple of weeks and then maybe add a supplement to see if it really does help. I started on 6/20/04 with the SouthBeach Diet and tried to religiously follow the meal plans and by the end of the first week I was thoroughly burned out by all the food preparation required, too many salads and the expense of all the different meats, spices and, literally, every veggie known to man. I picked up "Sugar Busters" again because I know it works for me and have been doing that all this week. I'm much happier with this way of eating. Now if I can just get my butt back to the gym, I'll be set! In addition to being 8 lbs down in a little under two weeks, I've noticed my energy level has increased and I'm feeling great emotionally. I tend to lean toward depression when I'm neglecting my diet, so this has been a great pick-me-up. I just need to take it a day at a time and make it stick!
Old 07-02-2004, 04:21 PM   #5  
Cute Chick

Congrats on finding something that works for you...I just need to get to the gym...i was working out 6 days a week 30-45 minutes a day...and I dropped 30 lbs in about 6-7 weeks...I just stopped going and well...i have gained back 7 lbs....I just lack the motivation...I am working on one thing at a time...working on my diet right now, making sure to get plenty of water....I will start the gym on Monday...
Old 07-03-2004, 02:42 PM   #6  
a whole new mel

S/C/G: 163/141/130

Amber, thanks for the link to FitDay! It'll be great to be able to monitor my progress!

Good luck with your weight-loss journey!

~mel
macdeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 01:08 PM   #7  
Cute Chick

I'm at 180.2 as of this morning! WOOHOO...this is a good start, but I want to drop at least 50 lbs before new years. I know that I can do it!

I went out on Friday night with my cousin and got my belly button peirced. I am hoping that it will be nice and healed when I reach my goal. I CAN'T WAIT!
Old 07-05-2004, 11:49 AM   #8  

Hi Amber,

Hope you had a great weekend. Congratulations on losing more weight. Isn't it exciting? Yesterday I was down another 2 lbs., a total of 10 since 6/20/04. I've gone to the gym now twice, both times felt great and when I'm feeling sluggish and don't want to go, I just need to remind myself of how good it feels to be there. My bf told me yesterday that he'd start going with me if we add him to my membership. That would be great, but another part of me likes to have that as my alone time. I guess we'll see.

Yesterday I ate some food that isn't on my acceptable food list, white bread, pasta, dressing w/ sugar in it. I'm hoping it won't affect my weightloss. I can tell you, though, after two weeks of eating nothing but healthy food, it made me feel sick; my stomach was in knots for a good 6 hours after I ate. What a mistake!

Good for you on the piercing! How cool is that? I have a couple of inconspicuous tattoos and have always toyed around with getting another one. Maybe that could be a reward when I get to my goal?

Let us know how you're doing. Hope all is well!

Last edited by goofgirl; 07-05-2004 at 11:51 AM.
Old 07-05-2004, 12:54 PM   #9  
Cute Chick

I always have 1 day a week where I can "cheat"... i don't go overboard...but i have what I want...it doesn't interfere with my plan though. I even had a couple bites of carrot cake yesterday.

I am going to get my tattoo as soon as I reach my 30lb mark (can't wait until 50....;-) ) My bf wants a tattoo of a scorpion...so I am going to design it and surprise him with it when I get mine He's in the military and weighs like 102lbs soaking wet... when I told him that I was trying to lose weight, he got upset...told me I was perfect... How did I get so lucky!?! We've only been dating a short time, but we've already talked about marriage...I want to get to my goal before I try on a wedding dress...I have a website that shows my progress from when I was losing before....but i need to update it...

I am only rambling, I will talk to you girls later

Amber
Old 07-06-2004, 01:48 PM   #10  
a whole new mel

S/C/G: 163/141/130

Amber,

Congrats on your weight-loss thus far! You are doing amazing! Any tips? Any advice?

And what a great way to reward yourself, a belly-button piercing! I guess I should come up with good incentive to shed my extra lbs. Hmmmm...!

Anyway, I just wanted to wish you all the best and congratulate you on your progress!!!

~mel
macdeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 04:58 PM   #11  

My reward for getting down to 140 is going to be a tattoo. I think that is the weight that I would be comfortable showing it off to people. Too bad it will be long after summer at the rate I am going. I would like to also lose weight before getting pregnant. My bf makes fun of me because it sounds kind of strange to want to lose 30 pounds then get pregnant and gain it back. I just know that it is only going to get harder the older I get and once I have children to get into shape so time is of the essence.

Sorry to blab, my intention was to welcome the new chicks and congrat everyone that is losing weight. I think its time to get this forum strong and busy again. I know we all have summer plans that get in the way, but we deserve all of the support we can get!
South Dakota Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 06:24 PM   #12  
Cute Chick

Well I wanted to wait until I dropped at least 25lbs before i got my tattoo...BUT I think I am going to go get one this week...My 16 yr old cousin is here visiting from Atlanta (I'm in Los Angeles, CA) and he just got his first one. I really want to get one, I found something that I really like. Maybe a pixie and a butterfly type thing....Symbolizing freedom...I love fairies, butterflies...etc....

I just back from the pool, I am actually comfortable enough to show up in a 2 peice suit...so what if it is a tankini....ya'll know what kind of a success that is!

talk to you girls later!
Old 07-09-2004, 06:19 PM   #13  
Cute Chick

Hi Ya'll, the weekend is coming up and I think I am going to do my cheating tomorrow...there is this REALLY good italian resturant down the street...the BEST mushroom ravioli I have ever had...

I am down to 181.6 as of this morning. YAY ME!

How's the weekend lookin for you?
Old 07-09-2004, 09:52 PM   #14  

Hi Amber,

Well, at least you plan your cheats! Actually, the Body for Life book suggests that you give your self one scheduled cheat day a week. Not a bad idea for those who can handle it (I think 1 bowl of real ice cream for me would end up being the whole 1/2 gallon!)

I have an appointment to get my hair done tomorrow. A step toward the "new me", I guess. On Sunday I have to take my kitten to get him fixed, so not a lot of fun there, although I'm hoping that might mellow him out a bit. He's really ticking off the other cats! Other than that, I'm just going to enjoy the fact that this work week is over. It's been pretty hellacious, just dealt with nasty people all week. Ack.

Enjoy your Italian food. Sounds wonderful! BTW, did you get your tattoo?? :-)
Old 07-10-2004, 05:10 PM   #15  
Cute Chick

not yet...have to save a little more money first...