Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-06-2002, 09:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/194/140

Height: 5'7

Arrow I Need Support!

Weekends make it so hard to stay on the right track. All I want to eat is junk! Perhaps it's just weekend stress that does it. I can do fairly well during the week. I can tell myself it's not worth it a million times, but continue to eat those comfort foods.
Have a great weekend, guys!!!
HappyHousewife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 09:34 AM   #2  
Empress/Queen

Hi, HH!!! I think weekends are hard, too. I work at home and find it twice as hard to stay on track during those days. Last weekend Kaylets had the NO GUILT holiday weekend thread up to keep everybody focused and I think it helped. My goal is to make each difficult day (like the weekend ones) a chance to rededicate myself to the goal. You are doing great ... I know you'll not let a li'l ol' thing like a weekend stop you!!! Good luck.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 01:03 PM   #3  

It's taken me since the beginning of May to lose those measly 28 pounds!! haha
Old 09-09-2002, 04:18 PM   #4  
Super Star

Hye Ladies!!

28 pounds??i bow to you!! That is wonderful!!! Staying at home right now is my option. But the fridge is calling my name!!! I workout but the cals are stilll on the pos. side!! How did you lose 28??? You are awesome!!!

I love the idea of a no guilt weekend. Is that once a month???what a great idea!!!

HOpe to hear more from the both of you soon!!!

Hoping the fridge runs away from me today!!!

Tracy
TallTracy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 05:18 PM   #5  

hello happy housewife.
like you imahousewife (with a part time job, which mayi say is c***) and by the weekends dieting does get really boring and tiering! its got to the point where i pull out cupboards of clothes and sort them out, although id only done it a few days ago. anything to keep the mind busy you see. and upstairs your away from fooood, glorious fooood!!! can i ask, why do we do this to ourselves????? keep goin girl, youve lost 28 pounds, its not worth goin through the **** of another diet, is it?!! good luck to you.

welshbird.

p.s. tall tracy, your mad! ive read a few of your forums and you sound so happy and witty. how do you do it? you make me laugh!
welshbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 09:23 PM   #6  

You are so right, WelshBird!! Keeping busy is the key to weight loss. I think we eat junk and too much because of stress.

Thanks for the encouragement!! You guys are so great!!
Old 09-12-2002, 04:12 AM   #7  

hey, thats what we are all here for isnt it. to give and recieve support and ive got to say, its a fantastic site for it!! take care on your journey to slimdome!! if i can do it, anyone can do it! keep goin, youll do it. always think slim.

welshbird.
p.s. like the picture, babys sooooo cute.
Old 09-12-2002, 07:56 AM   #8  
Super Star

Howdy Ladies!!

Welsh i like you!!! Me happy!! OMg..goodness..wait till you read a super vent from me!!! I am one SUPER B**** sometimes!!! But thank you!!Ok..i need your cupboard skills!! I ahve a house full of stacks of laundry to be put away!! We will trade..i will do your most hated chore...well as long as it is not mucking out a stable..i Puke when i smell the old manure!!!

Happy how are you doing this week???Shoot stress and me...cake is thy name!!! Sigh..why do we celebrate b-days wiht veggies??hmm think my 7 year old would take a plate of carrots over cake??hmmmm?????
Old 09-12-2002, 09:02 AM   #9  

Perhaps a carrot cake?? Or maybe a Pinapple Upside Down Cake? Do the diabetic recipes and you'll have no sugar. hehe

My husband's birthday is coming up. He likes those Ice Cream Cakes from Dairy Queen. BLAH-why can men eat so much and never gain an ounce??

I'm doing okay this week. I could be doing ALOT better. It seems like I slipped up somewhere. I can never get back on track when I fall off the wagon. Well, have a great day ladies!!
Old 09-12-2002, 06:25 PM   #10  

well talltracy88, you did it again.

my most hated chore is ummmm, let me see.........
all housework!! i only do it cos i gotta!!!! the cupboard thing is mainly my husbands fault, cos let me tell you, he is one **** of a clean freak who likes everything orderly!! **** kill me if he reads this message!!! nevermind aye! it also takes my mind off the food thing. whats food again??

washing up is my most hated chore tho. you do my washing up everynite and ill do your cupboard thing!! hows that.

oh yeah, we all need to vent some time in our life, dont we!

happy housewife, hows you? you will always have up weeks and youll always have down weeks, its like it for everyone, keep your chin up girl you know youll get there. if it takes 6 months, 1 year or 2 at least you did it. afterall, isnt life too short?!!! (maybe i should tell myself that once in a while, wot do you reckon?!!!) spk to you soon girls,

welshbird
Old 09-13-2002, 07:55 AM   #11  
FKS

Thumbs down Hi Ya'll!

Hi Ya'll, ,
My name is Fonda and I am 2 days new to the 3FC's website. So far, I love it here! I am all about support. I think that is the most motivating! When you have that sound board, that support, you are half way there! My dh doesn't "Get It" Of course though, he has never had to lose 100 pounds of
I have a question for ya'll. Does anyone know of a website where they will have some info on intake of fat, carb and protein grams that a person needs in a day? I am trying to stay around 1,500 calories a day, but am not sure what percentage should come from what! Make sense?
Well, I better run. I am trying to get my 15 and 12 year old children off to the school bus! WISH ME LUCK WITH THAT ONE! Also, I think I just heard my 2 year old daughter wake up and my husband just got to bed. He has been on "BIG MAN FISHING EXPEDITION" and needs his sleep (yep). On the good side....I think Tropical Storm Hanna might be headed our way (being sarcastic, that is not a good thing ).
You all have a blessed day.

Fonda
FitDay.com
FKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 01:57 PM   #12  
Super Star

HOWDYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Happyhousewife, Welshbird and Fonda!!

Ugh..death to all cake!! But an icecream one..oh man..please kep that away form me!! I bought one for my hubbys b-day!!! Lordy i have not had one in 7 years!!! For good reason!!! Get a flavor you do not like.. I am here for you if you need slice(of cake) support!!!

Welsh!! My hubby is a neat freak but i have worn him down!! Yes the slob in the family won!!! Actually after i stayed home he decided that i had to do everything so i am in rebellion!!! But id do do dishes as i hate to have my sink full!! SO you are on at that!!!

Fonda!!elcome!! Dont cha just love this place!! The first day I found it i was hooked!! (look at my start date!!!) I think that this is the one place where we all can be..just us. We all have the same goal and and teh same frustrations so we stat at a level that few people connect on!! You must live in Florida if Hannah is heading your way!! Or Alabama!! Batten down the hatches!!! I was in South Florida during Andrew so i remember it well!!

All fo now..i am late picking up my kids!!!!

Tracy
Old 09-15-2002, 05:22 PM   #13  

Angry Whew

I know what you mean!
I'm more of a neat freak than he is. I'm fixing to have to start working, and I KNOW my house is going to look like a cyclone went through it all the time. I can't bear to think about that!!

Dishes are my weakness, too! I cannot stand to see dirty dishes in the sink.. not even a glass or two. I wash them. Maybe that's just a habit though.
Catch you guys later!!

Death to all cake and ice cream,
HappyHousewife!!
Old 09-15-2002, 06:07 PM   #14  

Hey girls...room for one more???? I love that slogan....death to all cake......as I think about my cola cake downstairs.....if none of you have tried it and are cake freaks...OMG....you MUST try them....I found it on another thread this week and made the one that is devils food cake mixed with diet dr pepper.....it is to die for....you would NEVER know its missing the oil and eggs....and I spoon 2 Tbsp of fat free coolwhip over it!! YUM YUM
Anyhow...I hear ya on the housewife stuff....I am a stay at home mom of 2 boys....and boy with the frig being at hand.....it makes for a long day....ha ha....not all the time though...normally when there are goodies in the house is when I have a hard time!!!
I started on WW's 6 days ago and doing it at home so I am ALWAYS in search of support.....do any of you use the chat room here or have aol instant messenger and want to hook up as buddies??? Please let me know....talk later....hope you have had a good weekend....Lisa
MomTo2Boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 10:53 AM   #15  
FKS

Thumbs up Hey All

Hey,
How did everyone do over the weekend? I thought that I did pretty good...seeFitDay.com However, I did not lose any weight at all over the past 2 weeks! So, I am a little frustrated today! I am not going to give up though!

Hey "Mom" how are you? I have 2 boys also, plus an added girl. My boys are 15 and 12+! Ugh, the teenage years! Blah! So, I have it double...I am going through the teenage years and terrible two's at the same time! That cake did sound good. Yummy! Good luck with your ww's. Email me!

Just wanted to check in to say and to see how everyone is doing. You all have a good day. Let me it for now and will talk to you all soon (I hope).

Take care,
Fonda
FKS is offline   Reply With Quote