Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 11:17 AM   #16  

hey girlies!

Sure wish I could be walking with you all! I just bet you have a ball.

Dh has been working alot of over time, coming home around 7-7:30 each night and working half days on Saturday. The boys miss him. Baseball today at 2 pm and depending on how the little guy is, I'll try to make it.

I think that I have just about hit the bottom and will be making the call to be scheduled for surgery this coming week.

The weather here is perfect...a bit of a chill, which is how I like it! The lilacs are about to pop, love them!

Would love to sit and watch ya plant some flowers, Debkay!!!! I can just picture the turmoil your daughter is going through!

I'm such a slacker!

Hazel, Congrats on the weight loss!!!!!! 45 pounds is great!!!

Hey to Lori and Jiff and Barb and all that I may have missed.

peach
Old 05-03-2003, 03:10 PM   #17  
she who must be obeyed

Just came back to let ya'll know I finally planted the darn flowers........well, almost all of them Have a few left to put in planters.

peachie........that surgery decision can be made by you and you alone. If you think the time is right.....than I'm sure it is.

I love lilacs!!! Atlanta is too far south to grow lilacs (the winter does not get cool enough.) When my daughter was born on April 12th (86) my Grandma picked a bunch of lilacs and gave them to me the day I came home from the hospital with her........whenever I smell lilacs it takes me back to sitting in my rocker with my daughter.

Hope the big guy does well at his baseball game. Have you seen Auntie Jiff?? I hope work is not giving her fits!!
Old 05-04-2003, 10:25 AM   #18  

Good morning everyone! I just had to say Hello to debkay.Thanks for all the links especially this one and the support The repairman worries about me too much. My first appt. with the Peoria Surgerical Group is in July! I am so excieted
Old 05-04-2003, 02:43 PM   #19  

A warm welcome to the Repairman's Wife

Hope you stick around on this forum; there is a lot of information to be found on WLS. My appointment for my intial consultation is on August 25 in Pittsburgh. There are also a lot of good WLS websites too; such as COMPASS and ObesityHelp.com.
Old 05-04-2003, 05:23 PM   #20  
she who must be obeyed

Hi Repairman's Wife........glad you found us. This is a great group of folks to hang around with.........we're a small group, but very friendly.

My hubby was very worried about me also...........it's their job........they worry

Do you know what will happen at your July 1 visit? Will there be a group meeting, which from what I understand a lot of surgeon's are doing now. I understand you already have approval (your hubby told me) so will you be given your surgery date on the 1st of July?

Welcome and keep posting with us.
Old 05-04-2003, 05:41 PM   #21  

Default First Appt.

From what I've been told my first Pre-op will be two classes. An informational class with the Dr. and then if I want to continue I must attend a support class to speak with others who have been through the surgery.I won't know my surgery date until August.

loranden, thanks for the warm welcome. At this point I need all the support I can get! I am excieted and I am scared
Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 PM   #22  

Lori, what is the COMPASS site all about? Is it one I can search for?

Welcome, Repairman's wife....and could you send your dh to my house? My dh, although wonderful with the kids......well.....let's just say that my idea of heaven is a man that could spackle

RW....you are not the only one that is scared...I am a big chicken about the whole thing and yes, I am scared too. Maybe we can prop each other up?

Quiet day at the ranch. Dh took the little guy into NYC for a birthday party for one of his classmates. It was a Karate party and I hope the effects of it (read the karate chopping and high kicking) will not last forever. The big kid had a friend over and I just sort of puttered around.

Oh, my dh went and did the food shopping today and I asked him to pick me up a new cheap (of course) plastic laundry basket since I have only one and he bought me a beautiful wicker one with a liner.......gosh, for my cheapo dh that was quite a big deal!!!!!!! Jiff was here when he brought it in and I think she thought I was going to fall on the floor.

I lead an exciting life!

peach

Last edited by peach pit; 05-04-2003 at 06:39 PM.
Old 05-04-2003, 06:38 PM   #23  

Debkay, wish I could send you some lilacs!!!! Somewhere, I don't remember where they are having lilac candles on sale...if I find one I'll send one to you!

peach
Old 05-05-2003, 12:35 AM   #24  

Quote:
Originally posted by peach pit
Lori, what is the COMPASS site all about? Is it one I can search for?

www.compasswls.com

This was a site that I came across when I got an email from ObesityHelp.com after I signed up with them. From the looks of the site, it appears that COMPASS is based in Texas, but they seem to cover a lot of areas of the US.

By the way, I found the doc I am going to have my consultation with on ObesityHelp.com
Closed Thread